• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

BELATED WRASSLEGAF MEMORIAL AVATAR RUMBLE

OK, let's do this next Saturday, gives me time to do the downloads. It'll get VOD'ed for any stragglers.

I've checked, we got 30 spots. PM me your representative. Whoever wins the rumble, losers have to sport an avatar of that wrestler for the next month. You know the rules.

WRASSLERS ONLY

1. Me
2. Kaladin
3. Data
4. Jimmy King
5. FallingEdge
6. Kurita
7. Beef
8. Seph
9. ShadowSwordmaster
10. Zach
11. Bronx
12. Heroman
13. Aiii
14. BewareTheBatsie
15. Menome
16. Tom Nook
17. Mahonay
18. Klonere
19. Boots Monsoon
20. Notworksafe
21. Sabucin
22. Serpentine
23. Vince McMahon
24. SomewhatGroovy
25. Browny
26. Discotheque
27. Avengers23
28. Fox
29. NuclearError
30. Rutti

FULL

We've been talking about it since WrassleGAF failed wellness, it's just delayed from this years rumble. If you need something to relate it to, it's to mark the Super Strong Style this weekend

Browny

Banned
Not sure how I could beat my previous choices of Shane Douglas and JAAAAAAAHN CEEEEEEENAAAA, but we'll see. I'm just glad I wasn't active during the Big Show month a few years back - although he does have a great av face...

hi-res-be8276227dd0ea5f558376a3b5839331_crop_north.jpg

klonere

Banned
In "wrestling is really weird in 2016" news we have AJPW considering a deathmatch

STRIGGA said:
"At yesterday's press conference Atsushi Aoki & Masashi Takeda discussed the idea of adopting death match rules to their match on 5/25. #AJPW"

And Stone Cold Naito needling Kidani McMahon

CiuR_djXEAADKFG.jpg:small
CiuR_dVWYAAk_u8.jpg:small

Give Jordan Devlin the spot. He's too good to just be doing opening matches.

I see Alan going on a big campaign on twitter I wonder if it will wo-

Pretty great replacement, should be an excellent match between those two.

Oh shit this is fucking amazing. Glad I got to see some of Joe's work before this. Sorry Jordan...

Zach

FlammableD, are you doing WWE 2K16 on PS4? If so, can I create my first choice and upload him for use in The Colossal Tussle?

And to circle back to a discussion you jokers were having earlier: Bret Hart was really insanely great and it's a shame that he gets a bad rap because folks can't appreciate a crotchety old know-it-all. And this is coming from a guy who didn't love Bret until my recent chronological journey.

And about Shawn Michaels: if anything, he's thought too highly of. His in-ring is definitely top ten stuff, but his promos are bottom ten -- just dreadful. And this is coming from a guy who loved Shawn before my recent viewings.

I think Shawn will benefit from WWE forcing his legacy down viewers' throats until the end of time, a la The Undertaker and Triple H, but he'll never be as good as Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, etc.

MisterR

It's such a strange gimmick. They tell you how nice it is and then invite you there. Even if they throw in the "Better than where you are from" the damn theme song is still saying "Come to Puerto Rico!"

It's like they are Puerto Rican travel agents. Weird gimmick.

Now that would be an amazing gimmick for someone. Couple it with D'lo Brown being announced from different European countries during his title run, that would be great.
Did someone just mention The Real Deal's name? I think it's time we brought back a real champion. D'lo would instantly more over than the entire roster if he came back. You better Recognize.

Hypothesis about the Shining Stars:

A dimly lit office. Light from a green desklamp slices through the darkness, highlighting two wild and unstable eyes belonging to an imposing figure sat behind a small but expensive desk. A faint knock on the door.

"COME IN." Booms the figure behind the desk.

Enter Primo and Epico. Nervously. They've shed their masks, but are still wearing their matador garb. Their eyes only rest temporarily on the figure behind the small desk who seems even larger and imposing behind the diminutive piece of furniture.

"YOU HAD SOMETHING YOU WANTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?"

Primo, or maybe Epico, Michael Cole wouldn't be able to tell you, takes a step forwards. "Nnn no Sir. Complain? No. We just wanted to clarify something."

Epico, or maybe Primo, puts his hand on Primo's shoulder and pulls him back just a little. "Not that my cousin thinks you don't already know all about what we are going to tell you. We just want to clarify how we feel."

Primo nods nervously. "Yes. Absolutely."

"GO ON THEN I HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY. I TRIED TO GET THE DAYS MADE LONGER BUT APPARENTLY THAT'S NOT A THING ANYONE IS CLEVER ENOUGH TO DO, SO TIME IS TIGHT."

Lifting his eyes momentarily to meet those of the hunk of human infront of him, Primo, or his cousin, continues.

"We're from Puerto Rico. We love Puerto Rico. My cousin and I couldn't be any prouder of our heritage. When you make us hide our faces and dress up as matadors, it makes it look like we're ashamed of where we are from."

"Epico's right." Adds Epico. Or Primo I guess. "Puerto Rico is about beautiful beaches. It's cobblestoned streets. It's going out for some Cocina Criolla at one of the many great restaurants of our island."

"We have our own cuisine. Our own vibe. Our own style, like Epico just said. Sorry, like Primo just said. Sure we have Spanish ties, but we have longed stepped out of the shadow of that to form our own culture and bull fighting just isn't part of it. We invented the pina colada. We're the kind of people who kick back with good music and chill."

The ego behind the desk is furrowing it's brow. These two ungrateful sons of bitches, it's thinking. He gives them something solid gold like Los Matadores and they just want to go on about how great Puerto Rico is? No one gives a shit about Puerto Rico. Would they shut up about Puerto Rico already?

As he feels his blood starting to boil suddenly it stops. A lightbulb comes on. Suddenly the rest of his face is visible and he's, smiling. Primo and Epico shuffle backwards, scared by this expression.

"LISTEN UP. I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR A HEEL TAG TEAM..."

and that, is how the Shining Stars
hypothetically
came to be.

Hypothesis about the Shining Stars:

A dimly lit office. Light from a green desklamp slices through the darkness, highlighting two wild and unstable eyes belonging to an imposing figure sat behind a small but expensive desk. A faint knock on the door.

"COME IN." Booms the figure behind the desk.

Enter Primo and Epico. Nervously. They've shed their masks, but are still wearing their matador garb. Their eyes only rest temporarily on the figure behind the small desk who seems even larger and imposing behind the diminutive piece of furniture.

"YOU HAD SOMETHING YOU WANTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?"

Primo, or maybe Epico, Michael Cole wouldn't be able to tell you, takes a step forwards. "Nnn no Sir. Complain? No. We just wanted to clarify something."

Epico, or maybe Primo, puts his hand on Primo's shoulder and pulls him back just a little. "Not that my brother thinks you don't already know all about what we are going to tell you. We just want to clarify how we feel."

Primo nods nervously. "Yes. Absolutely."

"GO ON THEN I HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY. I TRIED TO GET THE DAYS MADE LONGER BUT APPARENTLY THAT'S NOT A THING ANYONE IS CLEVER ENOUGH TO DO, SO TIME IS TIGHT."

Lifting his eyes momentarily to meet those of the hunk of human infront of him, Primo, or his brother, continues.

"We're from Puerto Rico. We love Puerto Rico. My brother and I couldn't be any prouder of our heritage. When you make us hide our faces and dress up as matadors, it makes it look like we're ashamed of where we are from."

"Epico's right." Adds Epico. Or Primo I guess. "Puerto Rico is about beautiful beaches. It's cobblestoned streets. It's going out for some Cocina Criolla at one of the many great restaurants of our island."

"We have our own cuisine. Our own vibe. Our own style, like Epico just said. Sorry, like Primo just said. Sure we have Spanish ties, but we have longed stepped out of the shadow of that to form our own culture and bull fighting just isn't part of it. We invented the pina colada. We're the kind of people who kick back with good music and chill."

The ego behind the desk is furrowing it's brow. These two ungrateful sons of bitches, it's thinking. He gives them something solid gold like Los Matadores and they just want to go on about how great Puerto Rico is? No one gives a shit about Puerto Rico. Would they shut up about Puerto Rico already?

As he feels his blood starting to boil suddenly it stops. A lightbulb comes on. Suddenly the rest of his face is visible and he's, smiling. Primo and Epico shuffle backwards, scared by this expression.

"LISTEN UP. I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR A HEEL TAG TEAM..."

and that, is how the Shining Stars
hypothetically
came to be.
You're on some strong coffee but, Epico and Promos cousins. Carlito is Primo's brother.

Plagiarism is very hard work son. Get down on it.

I already fixed it.

And my username is advice to other people. To copy my shit. Cause it's worth copying.

I wrote a review of the demo of AVP2 for 3d action planet back in the day, under my old Dr Foxy handle, and it got horrendously plagiarized by another site who used it as their review of the full game. I was pretty upset by it, but decided to take it as a complement, and then turned it into something arrogant. Because you know, VIDYA GAMES.

Top Bottom