• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Zach

Man, I've heard "retard" like a thousand times on this RAW. And Patterson and Brisco sexually assaulted Chyna.

The Attitude Era suuuuuucks.

Nekofrog

Banned
Man, I've heard "retard" like a thousand times on this RAW. And Patterson and Brisco sexually assaulted Chyna.

The Attitude Era suuuuuucks.

Somewhere in very late 99 or early 2000, you can tell they make a concerted effort to stop saying "Big Red Retard" and changed it to something better.

Sanjuro

On the other side, I don't have a problem with people who complain about the way it's done. There's a part of me that loves the crap out of the way wrestling was presented as a legitimate contest the way WCW did (even if most of the time it didn't make the most sense).

My biggest problem right now is that the WWE picks and chooses when they want a finisher to be protected and when they don't care about another guy's finisher. I don't particularly like one guy eating multiple finishers, kicking out, hitting one of his finishers and getting the win. That doesn't gel well with me, but it's whatever, not a big deal for me so I don't really complain about it.

As to the Ambrose/Jericho match, I really thought Ambrose looked slow and out of place which is weird because Jericho is like 500 years older than him. His light jogs to the ropes to do his moves sets off a twitch in my brain.

WCW never presented it in a better way. They were notoriously incompetent for their live shows.

Finishers are bigger in 2016 largely because of the stunner.

I was about to put on a RAW stream, and I thought about how they were gonna show a package of Reigns winning. And, I think that was it. I'm finally done. The curse is lifted. Peace losers.
At least until SummerSlam, cause I'm probably going.

BroBot

I was about to put on a RAW stream, and I thought about how they were gonna show a package of Reigns winning. And, I think that was it. I'm finally done. The curse is lifted. Peace losers.
At least until SummerSlam, cause I'm probably going.

See you after Raw so we can all complain together.

DJKhaled

Fuck stop saying new era, nothing has changed, it's still the same lame crap with the same intro song and the same shitty mcmahon storyline.

Owzers

I'm so excited for Raw tonight, who's Raw will it be? Is Shane going to run it? Will Stephanie interject? Oh man, Stephanie's music !

BroBot

SAME intro? I'm already done...

ohFOJvo.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
...it's being presented to you as a sport as recent as last evening.

Come on. Watch a show from when I'm talking about and it's a night and day difference. There's nothing wrong with that either, as I said, but it's totally different in how it's presented and portrayed.

UberTag

Fuck stop saying new era, nothing has changed, it's still the same lame crap with the same intro song and the same shitty mcmahon storyline.
Take a drink whenever you hear "new era" tonight. You'll be plastered before Ambrose comes out.

Oh look, it's the same RAW theme song as always. How new and exciting!

DJKhaled

I know I'm in a tiny minority here but I really prefer Steph to Shane, she is annoying as fuck but at least she doesn't blatantly pander.

Top Bottom