• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Humor is overdone. I can probably name 2-5 characters that have similar dialogue or jokes from different TV shows. Lois Griffin's dad is one of them...

I thought it was a pretty funny caricature of Vince's persona - not only on TV, but how fans perceive him to be like in real life/backstage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tonight is the Night

where they justify why every match at Extreme Rules also occurred at Payback

klonere

Banned
It's why we're in the worst era. You'll never again see a crowd hot for anything like they were for Goldberg/Hogan, but you'll also never again see a crowd not want to get themselves over at the cost of everything else. So the talent are trapped in this limbo hell where nothing they do matters, in kayfabe or reality

It's what happens when you kill the idea of wins and losses mattering over the course of a decade or more. I mean look at fucking Mania this year. Why should the average crowd member be emotionally invested in the minutiae of a match when none of it matters. Just wait for the big spot, or if none happen, chant or if performer has associated chants, chant if none of the above sit on hands. You aren't there to see winners or losers (not important by their own admission in kayfabe and for real) then you are there to have a good time.

They've murdered the entire sports side of their offering and we all out here bitching about people in the crowd.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like the card at ER will be the same as Payback, but the IC and Zayn/Owens matches will be combined and the League of Nations will get on the card with a triple-threat to fight each other.

UberTag

It definitely showed a more playful side to him.
How could anyone ever think Vince isn't playful?
Dude's life philosophy is how awesome it is to push unsuspecting people into pools and laugh at them.
"I trolled you. Teehee." Dude lives and breathes playful... albeit prioritizing his own amusement above all others.

Kaladin

Real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see a network exclusive R Rated wrestling product.

Angry Grimace

I have to laugh that Corbin had to do the job for Ziggler in his first PPV.

Even Tyler Breeze beat Ziggler in his first PPV.

Hex

Banned
I have to laugh that Corbin had to do the job for Ziggler in his first PPV.

Even Tyler Breeze beat Ziggler in his first PPV.

Didn't Corbin win his first PPV, that being Mania?
If I was main roster I would job the low tier ppvs as long as I got the wins at the big four.

UberTag

Camp WWE is that first crack in the PG armor that shows you they're willing to do something in an R Rated territory.
And it features WWE wrestlers portrayed as 8-year-olds.
Somehow this seems a little backwards to me... or at least it would except we live in a universe where 8-year-olds routinely play Call of Duty while their fathers play Pokemon.

Somehow this seems a little backwards to me... or at least it would except we live in a universe where 8-year-olds routinely play Call of Duty while their fathers play Pokemon.

Have you watch the show? Because Kid-Austin cusses a lot.

Kaladin

It's clearly going after the South Park demographic.

How could anyone ever think Vince isn't playful?
Dude's life philosophy is how awesome it is to push unsuspecting people into pools and laugh at them.
"I trolled you. Teehee." Dude lives and breathes playful... albeit prioritizing his own amusement above all others.

Haha this is true.

For real though, him voicing himself adds a lot.

DMczaf

Real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see a network exclusive R Rated wrestling product.

Syder

I wonder if JBL will mention Leicester again tonight.

vardymahrez.png

UberTag

Is this the Groundhog Day thread all of a sudden? Because it feels like the Groundhog Day thread.

wrestlemania_zps6dd3022c.jpg

Fun fact... the dude in this bit that's thrilled to get tickets to WrestleMania is none other than Michael Shannon.

Michael-Shannon.jpg

I just watched Take Shelter for the first time this weekend. Great flick.

Kaladin

Real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see an OT2 again.

Goodnight Everybody.

I hate to hit and run when I'm not nearly current on this thread, but real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see a network exclusive R Rated wrestling product.

Angry Grimace

I hate to hit and run when I'm not nearly current on this thread, but real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see a network exclusive R Rated wrestling product.

I have no idea why that would be a thing anyone would want.

Like does this theoretical R-rating wrestling product have in it? Kevin Owens telling Sami Zayn to go fuck himself? Ambrose uses the chainsaw? Gratuitous nudity?

I have no idea why that would be a thing anyone would want.

Like does this theoretical R-rating wrestling product have in it? Kevin Owens telling Sami Zayn to go fuck himself? Ambrose uses the chainsaw? Gratuitous nudity?

Somebody on commentary muttering "Jesus Fucking Christ" anytime Roman picks up a mic.

People keep saying Reigns needs to be himself, well with an R-rated wrestling product, he can finally unleash his homophobic slurs.

Menome

Just watched Camp WWE. It was...alright. Some of the characters like HHH and John Cena feel like pre-written characters with the names stickered on top.

Top Bottom