• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly never understood why people liked Cody so much.

He's okay, but he's mostly just a random guy on the roster to me.

Isn't that the era where they had one writer who storyboarded all his stuff so it all the motivations made sense? And they ran him off after a year because WWF was dumb.
Yep, Kristaps or something like that. They made fun of him for his method but holy shit, it made sense duh.

Stardust + The Ascension is the biggest "what if?" in wrestling history. Could have easily overshadowed The Shield like New Day already have.

New Day + The Cosmic Key :(

Penguin

Honestly never understood why people liked Cody so much.

He's okay, but he's mostly just a random guy on the roster to me.

I don't know, I felt he was able to make any and everything the WWE gave him work

Dashing
Von Doom
The Rhodes Boys
Stardust

But it just seemed like WWE never fully got behind him.

Mahonay

Banned
Ci9hzj5UUAARv0o.jpg
This is a great picture.

Mahonay

Banned
Sort of sucks to hear about Cody, but he was going nowhere fast.

So much potential absolutely wasted when he was hot as fuck coming off his and Goldust's feud with The Shield.
TmYAwcv.gif

Made me jump outta my god damn chair.

Should have never picked up the Stardust gimmick right after. Giant mistake.

Striker

He was a random guy on the roster to me before that.
You missed the times he was actually used in storylines or had a direction. After the "firing" angle in 2013 they kept pandering on with the god awful Authority shtick and Cody went to team with his brother, which could've gone somewhere if they had given a fuck, both in the eventual split and as tag champions. His IC run and Dashing gimmick is probably the best thing they've done in the past six years to me.

Mahonay

Banned
Excuse me, friend, but I think you meant to use Crying Jordan to illustrate your sadness that we were never blessed with such an angle.
When they put him with The Ascension it was a clear sign to me that he was going to continue doing jobs for the foreseeable future.

They looked cool together as a team aesthetically. That's about it. None of them were over, especially The Ascension, no one gave a fuck. It was killed quickly for a reason.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You missed the times he was actually used in storylines or had a direction. After the "firing" angle in 2013 they kept pandering on with the god awful Authority shtick and Cody went to team with his brother, which could've gone somewhere if they had given a fuck, both in the eventual split and as tag champions. His IC run and Dashing gimmick is probably the best thing they've done in the past six years to me.

Being in storylines doesn't mean you're not just a random guy. It's what Sami Zayn is gonna fall into soon if they don't push him to feud with someone else.

Speaking of Zayn, I think he'd be a great fit for a feud with the Wyatt family. Just scrap that stupid face turn and let Zayn beat up his family members for a while and culminate in a SummerSlam match with Bray. I think its a good program for both guys, especially since you get get a lot of time and matches out of a Wyatt family feud.

https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/734074764042600448

Cody Rhodes asked for his release from WWE ... wtf!? :(
Awwww sonofabitch.

So Barrett, Rhodes and to a lesser extent Ryback gone, 2016 has not been good to the guys I choose to back.

I stand by my thought that he should've got the MitB Sandow ended up with, that was the last good shot he had and the crowd got well behind him towards the end.

He had some good stuff. But him being a giant prick on twitter made me not care what happened to him though.
Though I have to agree with this.

Kane outlasts another
Kane is more than a wrestler, he is a symbol, an enduring icon of sports entertainment

Striker

Being in storylines doesn't mean you're not just a random guy. It's what Sami Zayn is gonna fall into soon if they don't push him to feud with someone else.
The Dashing character wasn't 'just some guy'. Some here love Neville, and what is he? Before getting injured, he was a random dude. Yet he is missed. Why? He can't talk, he's as short as Jojo, but he can do flips! Cody had some history in doing great things with gimmicks not everybody would be able to pull off. If there's one thing that is definitely needed in that company it's wrestlers who can talk. There is little of that.

Mostly just the fact he's a Trump supporter. Before then he had made it clear he is a conservative. Can't think of any particular Tweets off the top of my head right now.

I recall him being something of a grouch in general from his tweets.
Or at least that he was less than graceful at dealing with the negative side of twitter.

klonere

Banned
It is highly ironic that the son of the son of a plumber who based his character off being the voice of the working man and liberally borrowing black culture supports the GOP Presidential candidate in the year 2016.

Cody's one of those guys who can seemingly play any shit character he's given, but in the ring he's so fucking devoid of personality. He's got the mechanics of wrestling down, but has rarely ever given me a reason to give a damn.

Top Bottom