• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's the backstory with Rick Rude having the WCW World Heavyweight Championship? I didn't know he had the belt.

It's the International Championship! It's the final fallout of Ric Flair leaving in 1991 and the eventual split with the National Wrestling Alliance. Why have one world champion when you can have two!

The idea was that the international members of the board were heels and wanted to recognize Ricky Rude as world champ, but the idea never came across well especially considering the other champ most of that time was Vader.

Ive had enough shaky cam, Zoom Ins and bad cuts in WWE. The worst has been AJ Styles debut zooming in on Roman's face and those SHIELD beatdowns.

shanafan

It's the International Championship! It's the final fallout of Ric Flair leaving in 1991 and the eventual split with the National Wrestling Alliance. Why have one world champion when you can have two!

The idea was that the international members of the board were heels and wanted to recognize Ricky Rude as world champ, but the idea never came across well especially considering the other champ most of that time was Vader.

He was the international champion. It didn't last very long.

Hmph. Learn something new every day! The belt even has the same design, lol.

Blue, I'd like to see this Regal/Godfather interaction.
Nov 16 98 Raw

image001.jpg

“You know I could easily kick your ass, but last time I checked, my name was Steven Regal, not Elton John, so I'll take the broads."

She hadson panties just so you know.

I'm trying to see if that ho is alive just to see if she is still fine as hell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any votes to keep PPV discussion in here Sunday? Build up the thread posts?

It's not a matter of "votes" and even if it were, the weird insular "let's keep it to our club" thing is a bizarre desire. A thread is going up.

Adree

So ita good? I tappes out in season 3 ahen so-and-so died early on.

Nola?

If you didn't finish season 3 you really missed out. Season 4 isn't nearly as good but they manage to pull off a finale that works perfectly and settles all scores.

klonere

Banned
haha Hero shutting the crowds "Fight forever" chant - "Chris Hero fights for as long as he fucking wants to"

Hero/Owens feud when

Zach

Do you remember when Flair would pout out to the crowd and say "Shut your mouth, fat boy?"
Of course. But I love that you can actually see the fat boy in that shot. And it makes me wonder: since he didn't call that kid "fat boy", was there ever actually a fat boy? Or was he always yelling at an imaginary fat boy?

The world may never know.

klonere

Banned
O'Reilly and KUSHIDA just had another 4.5 star match.

I think it was better than last years BoSJ finals. If you can seek it out and watch it please do. Unbelievable match.

Zach

Listen to Dusty Rhodes, hard times working man 1985 pre Starrcade promo. It makes no sense but it's still fucking awesome.
I've seen that. It worked. Dusty seemed genuine.

Hogan, on the other hand, was trying extremely hard to be cool and it's atrocious and unsettling and pathetic.

I've seen that. It worked. Dusty seemed genuine.

Hogan, on the other hand, was trying extremely hard to be cool and it's atrocious and unsettling and pathetic.

"Hard Times" is one of the greatest promos period and not just of that era either. It applies to today too. Maria Menounos trying to quote "Hard Times" a few years ago though was HORRENDOUS.

Jamie OD

"Hard Times" is one of the greatest promos period and not just of that era either. It applies to today too. Maria Menounos trying to quote "Hard Times" a few years ago though was HORRENDOUS.

Kind of annoyed me when they focused on her clip of the promo instead of the real one during Dusty's tribute. I know it was to show how popular he was but it still felt like they were kissing up to a celebrity.

Top Bottom