• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cody's one of those guys who can seemingly play any shit character he's given, but in the ring he's so fucking devoid of personality. He's got the mechanics of wrestling down, but has rarely ever given me a reason to give a damn.

I feel like he's the kind of guy that stood out in the roster they had 5 years ago (along with say, Ziggler), but their talent acquisition philosophy is a lot different and he's easily lost going up against Owens, Zayn, Styles, etc.

Mahonay

Banned
I feel like he's the kind of guy that stood out in the roster they had 5 years ago (along with say, Ziggler), but their talent acquisition philosophy is a lot different and he's easily lost going up against Owens, Zayn, Styles, etc.
Stardust matches in 2016 definitely stuck out like a sore thumb when the average work rate of matches across the board in WWE had risen sharply. Stardust matches looked like they were happening in slow motion in comparison. So many fucking rest holds.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Stardust matches in 2016 definitely stuck out like a sore thumb when the average work rate of matches across the board in WWE had risen sharply. Stardust matches looked like they were happening in slow motion in comparison. So many fucking rest holds.

I think the point at which this became really obvious was when he couldn't seem to hang with Sami at that Network Special.

Becky Lynch believes the holocaust never happened

You keep mai waifu's name out of your mouth

Mahonay

Banned
Sasha Banks is against immunization
Yech.

Sasha Banks also tries to convince people dirt sheets are lying 100 percent of the time. She's from the school of "if you're not a worker so you can't possibly know anything about what goes on in the business". Just some marks making shit up. Which is funny considering she's still pretty new.

Cody seemed like he was at a crossroads (no pun intended) career wise for at least 2 years.

That goldust feud a while ago should have been a big stepping stone for him but they nixed it after 1 match and since then the company basically froze his character.

Dont much care for his views as a person but I always liked him as a performer but yet again he is one of those guys who the writing failed time and time again.

I think leaving will do him the world of good in the long term. Maybe he gets out of wrestling entirely. Or maybe he comes back with a plan. I dunno. I hope the best for him.

Mahonay

Banned
Did you miss her wearing Nazi stuff to matches in Japan
NJPW had a PPV with a Nazi theme. That stuff is viewed pretty differently in Japan.
Dominion_6.20.jpg

Cosmozone

Cody is asking for his release, which would be more likely effective immediately if WWE signs off on it.
Effective immediately would be very unusual for any contract if you ask me, but maybe the wrestling business is different, I'm not that into it. Good luck to him in any case.

DMczaf

WHAT

BAN THIS MAN BAN THIS MAN

Much like the theory that Bryan was an anti-vaxxer, I am skeptical of this claim.

I think the point at which this became really obvious was when he couldn't seem to hang with Sami at that Network Special.

You keep mai waifu's name out of your mouth

Yech.

Sasha Banks also tries to convince people dirt sheets are lying 100 percent of the time. She's from the school of "if you're not a worker so you can't possibly know anything about what goes on in the business". Just some marks making shit up. Which is funny considering she's still pretty new.

Is that true about Sasha? Is it just people claiming it or is there actual proof? Because wow if true.

Yikes. That is news I did not know and kinda wish I didn't.

Ml1LhXG.gif

Top Bottom