• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

FWIW the demo was pretty fun. Not sure how I'd like the full game, but the multiple ending thing has me worried.

I'm just saying Beefers that the pieces come together with the writing mastery of an unrestrained Vince Russo in the dying days of WCW.

And it makes whatever your least favourite Ace Attorney case (4-3 of course) is look like your fave.
All that said it was funny in the same way a bad movie is fun, I just feel for the folks who slapped 40 notes down on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was Ron Mysterio ever a bad guy?
WCW Spoilers: Yes, briefly. It didn't work out though because he was one of the most beloved wrestlers in WCW already at that point.
I believe I'm on TV every week, are you?
tumblr_mg5y15KyPb1qa3bzoo1_400.gif

What could Clark possibly say?

Cage is right

he's in Mexico

not even Tough Enough runner up guy is in the high school gymnasiums of America

f2Ib9MQ.gif

I'm just saying Beefers that the pieces come together with the writing mastery of an unrestrained Vince Russo in the dying days of WCW.

And it makes whatever your least favourite Ace Attorney case (4-3 of course) is look like your fave.
All that said it was funny in the same way a bad movie is fun, I just feel for the folks who slapped 40 notes down on it.
😧

Meltz is so pessimistic on Rey's future.

Dean Malenko (Dean Simon) retained the cruiserweight title pinning Rey Misterio Jr. (Oscar Gonzales) in 17:50. This was the best wrestling match on the show and an excellent technical match. It wasn't the right match to do in that it was a great Malenko style mat wrestling match. Misterio Jr. showed he was versatile enough as a worker that he be put in a position where he's not doing Mexican style and still have an excellent match. However, it was Misterio Jr.'s debut and he's got far more potential to get over and they should have to his stylistic strengths. Someone whose potential niche if he gets over like Misterio Jr. as being more of an attraction star (like a reverse Andre the Giant) and a kids and ethnic hero can't do any jobs until they are over or fans won't believe in them, even as little as jobs mean nowadays. No matter how much charisma Chavez had, if he had lost his first two big matches on American PPV, a 145-pound guy whose main appeal was to Mexicans would have never become for a time the biggest box office draw in boxing. Anyway, his "Tiger Mask" potential is already done to casual fans because they saw him in his debut against what fans perceive as a mid-level guy and he lost twice. After this match and even more after Nitro leaves one with the impression he's a kid with a few cute moves but no threat to anyone important. Malenko did a great job working on Misterio's left arm with various slams and submissions. However, by 10:00 in, fans were getting tired of it even though it was all solid and well executed. They picked up for Misterio's big moves, including a springboard somersault to the floor, a springboard dropkick and a Frankensteiner off the top before Malenko got the pin using a power bomb with his legs on the ropes. Most in WCW that had never seen him before and were skeptical of him seeing how small he was when he showed up wound up raving about this match. However, he showed less charisma than I've seen of him in any match in a long time. ****

UberTag

Enthusiasm for this PPV seems to be at a very low ebb. It's not the self-hating "check out THIS trainwreck guys" nor is it the "This is going to be great" genuine excitement. It's a "Could be good, don't really care" tepidness.
The abundance of obvious winners apart from the Jericho-Ambrose mess of a 50/50 feud (where the outcome won't even matter) and the IC title schmoz (Owens shouldn't win because he's the best choice to win the MITB briefcase... which means KO will win back the title on Sunday and the briefcase will instead go to Big Cass or Braun Strowman) probably isn't helping matters.

Yep, Regal is great. Fun match. Meltz is no fan of Sting:

Sting (Steve Borden) beat Steve Regal (Darren Matthews) with the scorpion in 16:30. Regal has been on a roll on the mic of late. This match was for the most part Regal's one man show and what a show he put on. When it comes to all facets of doing a realistic looking totally worked wrestling match complete with some shtick and interviews, this guy is probably the most complete performer in the company. Sting made the big comeback after selling almost the entire way. ***1/2

He's been against Sting being in the Observer Hall of Fame, right?

Zach

Why does Tuna Meltz list their real names? Like, to ensure you know who he's talking about if they change stage names later? Or just to be super cool?

Top Bottom