• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

charsace

Reigns retaining the way he did was stupid. Rollins isn't going to get booed. He could beat up Reign's kids and the fans would still cheer him.

I found the Miyahara/Sekimoto match to be an incredible tease and the perfect sprint style match. I definitely found myself immediately wanting a 30 minute war from the two of them.

It was a ten minutes appetizer to the main event title they'll have as a result of Champiob Carnival and a piece of AJPW building up challengers to Miyahara. As a part of a tournament and the bigger AJPW picture, it was fine, but not something I'd go to any great lengths to see.

AJPW is rising in my ranks of fave promotions in 2016, against all odds.

Reigns retaining the way he did was stupid. Rollins isn't going to get booed. He could beat up Reign's kids and the fans would still cheer him.
Having Reigns win that way limits the damage done to AJ who has been doing well in the merch stands. Having Rollins come back last night was a way to send the crowd home happy and end on something people enjoyed, albeit something likely to end up meaningless in terms of storyline and results.

I hit the sack before the main event last night because I don't personally care, but I watched it today after hearing it was a MOTY contender from some (it wasn't). But it was decent. If they keep pairing him with people that he has good chemistry with, things could be a lot worse. They aren't changing their mind until merch sales make them and the crowd stop being so hot for matches involving him.

Yes, it was mostly due to hate for Roman, but the crowd blew the roof off the place multiple times during that match. Money Mayweather doesn't sell all those PPVs because people love him.

Watching Extreme Rules reminded me how each Reigns main event almost has me liking him, shame the following set of raw segments always but a damper on the guy.

Don't know if this had been posted so...

Kane mulls run for Knoxville Mayor
My friends across the pond, support this man if he goes for it.

I already know one of you fuckers nominated Kane for the rumble.
I was so very close to entering with him, just think of the sheer varied choice! a prime candidate for mass avatars.

I'm watching Xpac vs HHH from No Mercy, and it's a good reminder that Reigns isn't getting Xpac heat. Not yet anyways.

Edit: lol I'm getting Tampax adverts in here. What the heck did you guys do?

I don't see the Rusev appeal. He seems a bit too goofy to be a credible heel threat. I've never bought into him. Harper is much better for that monster heel role

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D'Lo Brown was almost 300 lbs? Not bad. Go D'Lo.

And of course my entry.

Nekofrog

Banned
i really miss the visual of WCW audiences literally throwing anything they could get their hands on into the ring at the end of a show

Forget Monday Night Raw, friends. Combat juggling is the future of sports entertainment.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14128-1368556611-19.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a TNA version of our Avatar Rumble but our bets were cast. We in there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How fitting Vince eliminated Peewee. Zach, you weenie.

Top Bottom