• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Pikma

Banned
this thread is so damn frustrating sometimes, wonder what you would have thought had the club come out to distract AJ and KO won via roll up.

That was the better outcome for KO

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I know no one likes to be positive but I thought that was a pretty good show. A number of solid matches.

Also: Is there a worse programming juxtaposition than Raw followed by Chrisley Knows Best?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Wouldn't it have been better for AJ to lose the MITB match via Club interference? They let the disconnect hang for no reason tonight, and like how they've been handling those guys, it just means more lukewarm shit.

I dont mind this angle taking its time, he lost this week. The club can now rub it in his face. He keeps losing and they point out maybe he isnt that phenomenal and either one of two options:

Attack him and Balor comes in the mix as the younger and more talented leader

Or two, sets up a tag team match at MITB and mystery partner is Balor and in the end Balor betrays him

This is perfectly logical. People bitch about everything. Which is weird when there is plenty to legitimately bitch about. We had a great match with a clean finish and people bitch. Whatever.
The problem is they set up the foreshadowing so the whole match you're thinking "how is this going to backfire on him"

It was also right before the match and started by him saying "yeah uh those guys uh I woulda won"

Just like Charlotte and Ric's breakup, random with no buildup

If you're gonna have "The Club" disband with no immediate repercussions then end the PPV with it and have everyone go home angry instead of putting it in people's minds for no reason

It's the right moves for the storylines, just at weird/awkward times

Toki767

this thread is so damn frustrating sometimes, wonder what you would have thought had the club come out to distract AJ and KO won via roll up

My only complaint about the finish was that it seemed kind of anti-climactic, although that's more because of the crowd.

Just when they seemed to start getting into the match, it ended.

Glad Owens won clean though. No one should be winning a qualifying match due to a distraction.

Its been kind of obvious for a while that WWE doesnt know what podcast means.

It was supposed to be a podcast as of last month when it was first scheduled. Austin got hurt at Mania, needed surgery, and thus couldn't make the flight so Foley stepped in to interview Shane. It's still going up in video form on the Network and could potentially have the audio archived somewhere, just bad timing for an injury

The show dragged at points, but the Flair stuff was largely amazing. It was an absolute clusterfuck thanks to Ric, and the crowd going nuts on Charlotte with What chants, but she did her dead-level best to deliver a classic promo and did so...in highlight form. Owens and AJ had an excellent match that was PPV-quality, and even had AJ taking an insane bump onto the steps off a powerbomb. Owens won clean, and AJ got over in defeat.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/05/wwe-raw-5-23-16.html

Screens -

OW! MY GROIN!

Shane hasn't let money go to his clothes

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9no494lr29wrvdje5urk9clmyeozh16q

this thread is so damn frustrating sometimes, wonder what you would have thought had the club come out to distract AJ and KO won via roll up
Kevin needed a good win. He got a great clean win. People have been bitching about Kevin losing all the time. We got a fantastic match up that I'd never seen before. KO occasionally gets to win clean. Heels should occasionally win clean like Edge occasionally would.

Seth can work with Roman, without a doubt. But after that? Kevin probably couldn't get Reigns over but he's got a better shot than anyone else and you know the matches would be great.

Which came off as luck, since Cena beat him two times over, and made him tap
It was clean. It was someone higher on the roster than him. The commentators still regularly mention it (unlike the losses). It wasn't luck it was a "better man that night" kind of win, and it's more than just about any other heel got to do recently in a Cena feud, no? Did Rusez get a clean win against Cena? Did Rollins?

Who was the last heel before Kevin that did?

If you don't count Brock (I don't) then it was Randy in 2009.

Gurrry

Im watching raw on delay so im way behind. But I just saw the Crews Jericho match and the botch at the end. I watch RAW with headphones, so im not sure if im the only that noticed this, but you can hear crews tell him he fucked up so they cant do their original finish, then they go into the codebreaker finish and you can hear apollo say "im so sorry man," as he is getting pinned.

CjLePaYUoAEmSEP.jpg

Why do they actually have segments like the Charlotte one? Who would want to actually go through that? (Since there is obvious truth to what she was saying)

I've watched wrestling off and on over the years and really don't know much of the workings of the business or even terminology. So I'm curious why do they do stuff like this.

"Am I mad that Triple H took my idea for ECW and made it NXT? Absolutely not. There's zero heat between us for him taking what was my idea and making it the hottest thing WWE does. We're cool."

korly

I like that Mick asked those questions and didn't drop them right away. Shane really seems like he's lying there though.

ghostmind

Shane sounds really defensive in the interview. I don't think Foley was the right choice for this, though he's doing better than I expected.

Why do they actually have segments like the Charlotte one? Who would want to actually go through that? (Since there is obvious truth to what she was saying)

I've watched wrestling off and on over the years and really don't know much of the workings of the business or even terminology. So I'm curious why do they do stuff like this.

They love uncomfortable shit on air for the same reason they love having wrestlers in relationships make out with other wrestlers on air (inevitably ruining the relationships and causing new ones to form): they're awful people

Top Bottom