• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

You're right, I guess WCW on the WWE Network technically is.

giphy.gif

Shane dodged the fuck out of that current product question lmao

Nah I do think he wanted to get into it but they were probably screaming in Foley's ear to go home, as they say.

I wish Austin got to do it as he's a bit more blunt and willing to call out BS than Foley, but it was a solid interview. You can tell things aren't 100% right with Shane and HHH.

Nah I do think he wanted to get into it but they were probably screaming in Foley's ear to go home, as they say.

I wish Austin got to do it as he's a bit more blunt and willing to call out BS than Foley, but it was a solid interview. You can tell things aren't 100% right with Shane and HHH.
I'm glad that he at least gave him the chance to check himself but you could tell that Shane wasn't 100 with him imo at least. Bury him with that shovel Shane, you're a McMahon. A real one.

Gurrry

So im super bummed that Rollins is straight back to heel. Fucking sucks actually.

Why cant we get what we want for once. Fuck.

Catching up to the actual Avatar Rumble:

Haystacks vs. Gigante was the hoss battle of the century. I can't believe they kept going.

Zandig eliminating Cena was priceless.

I'm glad Misawa lasted as long as he did.

Swagger was useless this year compared to last year.

WWE is making Roman look strong as hell. People at next year's mania will be mad as hell when he goes over Brock clean.

Brock can be done this year or even at the Rumble. Same for Cena, only reason either gets put off until Mania is dependent on how Taker feels. If Taker shows up next year, it's Roman/Brock, if not it's Roman/Cena

Damn cameraman being fucked up. Have to stand far back to get JoJo and Corbin in the same shot.

It's alright JoJo, good things come in small packages. Speaking of sm..

*Small package Blue while holding tights!!*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why can't Corbin stand still for an interview segment dude is moving back and forth nonstop.

UberTag

I'm certain these names are locks...

- Chris Jericho (your rules notwithstanding)
- Dean Ambrose
- Kevin Owens
- Sami Zayn

The remaining names depend on what sub-programs they have in place for the card. We could see Styles. We could see Rollins. We could even see Roman Reigns... don't think it's out of the question. I was the first person to theorize he could be in the Rumble match as champ, after all.

Big Cass is the name I would worry the most about barring shenanigans to get the title and Roman in that match, however. I suspect Cena and Rusev will be tied up with a US title program. Ditto for Miz and Cesaro with the IC title.

I would love a scenario where Anderson & Gallows win the tag belts and the New Day enter the MITB match and win so they can pass the briefcase around between the three of them. Don't see that happening, though.
Looks like I was bang on with my 4 guaranteed entrants. I have no complaints about Cesaro getting added to the match although it seems rather nonsensical to me that all of the guys that lost the IC title match at Extreme Rules now get a crack at a world title contract in a briefcase but whatever.

As for the other two competitors... well, assuming that we have to exclude Sheamus, Apollo Crews, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz that doesn't leave many available options.

Enzo may have resurfaced on RAW tonight but I think the smart money is still on Big Cass grabbing a spot in that match. Which leaves room for one remaining entrant... and I'm going to throw a dart at a name and go with Del Rio... because that match needs another heel. And Alberto's going to need some spotlight before Cena gets his win back from him a half-dozen times to make up for the loss he took before he went on the shelf. (That and I don't want Baron Corbin anywhere near that match.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the 'watching old lucha' struggle personified. I want to watch Psicosis vs Rey Mysterio's father in a Hair vs Mask match. And it looks like a big deal. There's a large audience. But the only recording of it is fan cam.

And it's the worst transfer ever. Even worse than the Villainos vs Brazos match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUjrGmKl1_8

But it's a good watch. But it's a perfect example of the lucha struggle. Everything in the 90s and 80s is shit quality recordings. And half of it is fan cam. And the other half is lost to time. Meanwhile the majority of Japanese stuff is recorded by professional and chronicled. There's shit from the 70s Japan puts up that looks just as good video quality as stuff coming out today.

does wrestling matter?

Nope. Neither do wrestlers.

When the people you see breaking themselves on TV inevitably irreparably break, they'll be replaced by people who do the same and be merely history. And eventually even that history will be erased, either by the company eager to forget them, clumsy or malicious people who burn the evidence, or wiped out with the rest of civilization when the sun fades out.

Basically Punk was right and you can either make peace with the fact he was like Ryback did, or have it overcome you

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nope. Neither do wrestlers.

When the people you see breaking themselves on TV inevitably irreparably break, they'll be replaced by people who do the same and be merely history. And eventually even that history will be erased, either by the company eager to forget them, clumsy or malicious people who burn the evidence, or wiped out with the rest of civilization when the sun fades out.

Basically Punk was right and you can either make peace with the fact he was like Ryback did, or have it overcome you
The only thing that matters are the money and the miles - Nash, K.

Anth0ny

So im super bummed that Rollins is straight back to heel. Fucking sucks actually.

Why cant we get what we want for once. Fuck.

i didn't watch raw tonight but I knew this was going to happen the moment he went down with that injury. it's wwe.

"he'll be a huge babyface when he comes back" they said

"it'll be just like triple h in 2002" they said

Top Bottom