• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Does Duke the Dumpster come close?

Well there's a guy that wrestles as Hobo in Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
Nah, he's fascinated with trash and finding treasure in it.

TL Hopper?

Cena and the word Poopy?

Austin walking mudholes dry?
Hopper, I forgot about him but not quite. I mean deep down fascinated when poop. Down and dirty with it. I mean I don't know how Vince and his brain trust never conjured up something on this but they had time to do a fart gimmick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Duke was surprisingly good at wrestling considering his gimmick.

Hopper was pretty much only on the Saturday syndicated shows. I think he's on about one RAW and I'm not sure he ever made PPV.

So im super bummed that Rollins is straight back to heel. Fucking sucks actually.

Why cant we get what we want for once. Fuck.

The last chance of that was either Bryan or Seth, and they both bombed and got hurt at the worst time for either....so.....yeah.

There's going to be more opportunities but realistically it's going to be years before the next one is even seriously considered. Whoever wins MITB will be just like Sheamus: even if they cash in and win, it'll be a quick reign at worst, and at best they'll still lose it right back to Roman. Nothing more meaningful

Exodust

Banned
CjLePaYUoAEmSEP.jpg

I still have the comic that came with the toys somewhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd rather have the old PPVs.

My fast food tastes are too expensive anyways. It's near seven bucks for a Jalapeno Fresco, that's basically four months worth of RAW/PPVs at my current rate.

Duke was surprisingly good at wrestling considering his gimmick.

Hopper was pretty much only on the Saturday syndicated shows. I think he's on about one RAW and I'm not sure he ever made PPV.
Hopper was like on 2 raws. Stalker had more appearances than him,he even had a ppv match.

Duke wasn't bad, what sucks is they only hired him because Vince wanted to show he could make anyone, even a garbage man a star.

Well duh we know what the treasure was...
It was money. He'd find money in the trash.

I got a Popeyes near me. $5 box, chicken strips, 2 sides and a biscuit is no joke!
I had one of their biscuits, omfg it was amazing. So buttery and delicious. Like bojangles on a good day.

wtf is this. you're putting him in a no-win situation here.
Idk man, I wish I could just have a piece of their skin. Back in the day, kfc was my favourite. Then I moved on from meat. I'd like a time machine just to relive the taste of their chicken one last time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopper was like on 2 raws. Stalker had more appearances than him,he even had a ppv match.

Duke wasn't bad, what sucks is they only hired him because Vince wanted to show he could make anyone, even a garbage man a star.

Hopper not even making a RR during those years was impressive. They were desperate for bodies during the time he was in the company.

UberTag

The last chance of that was either Bryan or Seth, and they both bombed and got hurt at the worst time for either....so.....yeah.

There's going to be more opportunities but realistically it's going to be years before the next one is even seriously considered. Whoever wins MITB will be just like Sheamus: even if they cash in and win, it'll be a quick reign at worst, and at best they'll still lose it right back to Roman. Nothing more meaningful
The absolute best case scenario for any sort of hope for WWE fans is that Owens wins the briefcase, holds on to it until after Mania, cashes in on a prone Reigns the next night after his next Mania title victory (likely against Brock or Taker) and holds the title for 4 months until Summerslam where he can lose it to Cena. Cena then holds the belt until Mania where he passes the torch back to Roman.

That's the best case scenario... a 4-month reign for someone that isn't a Vince "chosen one" 11 months from now. The reality is that we're likely to get something far worse.

Also, Reigns is NEVER turning heel so long as Vince is alive. People need to stop asking for it. It's like asking Cena to turn heel.

bjork

I still say they really missed the boat with all of these releases, recently. Should've used it to kick off a serial killer gimmick for someone.

Browny

Banned
GUTEN TAG WRASSLEGAF!!!

Highlights of last night:

1. My man Bossman coming in and then being first out :-(
  2. Zandig eliminating Cena, followed by a chorus of JEEEEEZZZUUUUUSSS on the chat
  3. A hoss fight for the ages between Giant Haystacks and El Gigante
  4. Was it Blackman? Was it Rollins? No, it was the Drifter. Thanks Menome :)
  5. The distinct possibility of New Jack avatars for everyone
  6. The shocking reveal that Sunny picked - Vince McMahon...
  7. Everyone wanting Disco to win

Best Rumble in ages.

I live in a world where Zack Ryder got eliminated by Robocop in the rumble. It's such...actually no, that could probably easily happen if WWE wanted it too.

That Charlotte promo started off iffy and the terms were a bit out of nowhere given she should have dumped Ric the night after 'Mania but I still thought it got good at the end.

She still needs some work on controlling the crowd with better responses, but other than that I thought she managed to make 'em shut up at the end.

So Sheamus is just gonna go around attack the new guys being brought up by NXT?

klonere

Banned
I made the fatal mistake of getting my hopes up about WWE.

It keeps happening.

Should have listened to Data, Seth ain't ever touching that belt again.

I made the fatal mistake of getting my hopes up about WWE.

It keeps happening.

Should have listened to Data, Seth ain't ever touching that belt again.

Its the great problem with WWE today.

It isnt bad like it was before during the late 00's and early 2010's. Now its disappointing.

Now they actually have the pieces to create the some hope and excitement but in the end they never deliver.

The only solution is to never get your hopes up.

klonere

Banned
Its the great problem with WWE today.

It isnt bad like it was before during the late 00's and early 2010's. Now its disappointing.

Now they actually have the pieces to create the some hope and excitement but in the end they never deliver.

The only solution is to never get your hopes up.

I did very well with suppressing any big emotional attachment to AJ when he arrived. I knew the reality of the situation, I knew that a guy his size, with his experience was not destined for all that much. The Jericho feud was, in my estimation, a total waste of AJ's first months in the company. But I didn't mind all that much, I just didn't watch.

The Roman feud was great, there is no denying that and not having any sort of skin in the game made the result easier to brush off. AJ gave his body to the company to make Roman feel all that more legitimate which is highly admirable and should be a model for the rest of the performers in the company. But I was never invested in the storyline, I wasn't cheering anybody on. I wouldn't have been marking out if I had gone, whooping and hollering, being part of a raucous crowd. I would have popped for spots sure - that's what the whole business is based around now.

So the one guy I had a remaining real fandom for in the WWE, the guy who I got excited about being on my TV is right back to where he was at the end of last year - a joke champion who dragged the product down with his horrific character. A guy who can't even have a proper fucking staredown with the champion.

Whatever. We all learn, I suppose.

orioto

Good Art™
Well shit, just finished RAW this morning.

Owens beating clean last night's main eventer (and what a star he was!) to end the show, WOW!

Still i think Ambrose is winning the MITB -__- They clearly push Ambrose in front of everyone. Even 2016 Burying machine Jericho couldn't beat him in their feud. Also with Rollins back they could want to play the shield tension again. Rollins against Reigns and Ambrose cashing in ?? That's something they could do.

About Aj they shouldn't let him talk like that... He single handedly killed his own reaction after looking like a million bucks yesterday night..

charsace

Kevin needed a good win. He got a great clean win. People have been bitching about Kevin losing all the time. We got a fantastic match up that I'd never seen before. KO occasionally gets to win clean. Heels should occasionally win clean like Edge occasionally would.

Seth can work with Roman, without a doubt. But after that? Kevin probably couldn't get Reigns over but he's got a better shot than anyone else and you know the matches would be great.

You think Kevin can get Reigns over? The guy that they should throw at Reigns is WWE's best heel; the Miz.

Hex

Banned
I had a feeling AJ Styles was going to become ziggler 2.0

:(

I guess it really happened.
There were actually people thinking that AJ was a special snowflake that would somehow be given the title in a matter of a couple months after his debut even when Reigns was in a holding pattern for when Rollins and others return.
Wow.
Adorable.

AJ is just getting started, he will be in an Owens situation for a bit though I still expect him to be taken out soon so get can get some rest or even surgery on lingering issues.

So Zayn and Owens will kill each other in the MiB match setting them up for Summerslam.
Jericho and Ambrose may not be done though I hope that they are.
Sheamus and Crews will curtain jerk
Dudleys v Enzo and Cass most likely
Will be interesting to see who the others are.

Toni Storm's heading to Japan with STARDOM, real big opportunity for her - I'm certain she'll end up in NXT at some point, she's already really good and touring with STARDOM will only help her improve further.

Hex

Banned
Now...here is my brain booking....
Rollins gets chummy with The Club, they play henchmen for him.
AJ and Reigns do some tag gimmicks maybe with Ambrose against the three.
The club turns on Rollins, introducing their real friend Finn Balor.
We get some crazy match shit at Survivor Series (or before) with Reigns, AJ, and Rollins vs Balor Club.
AJ eventually turning down the line to set up a shield reunion vs AJ and the Club while Balor goes for a title or Balor and the Club while AJ goes for a title.

Top Bottom