• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

mreddie

440px-Money_in_the_Bank_2016_poster.jpeg

This is Roman's 6-7th poster since winning the belt, we are reaching Cena levels.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So Big Leaks Dave says Dana is being looked at as the female Roman Reigns, boy she better make sure she doesn't pull a Lana.

Big Leaks Dave actually said that they like her look, and then very obviously sarcasticially, "maybe she's the female Roman Reigns!"

I almost feel bad for how badly Dave gets misquoted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE had to pay AJ big money because hardly anyone on the Roster has the rep to lose to Roman and legitimize him at the same time.

Its the same reason WWE had throw a boatload of money at El Patron even though he destroyed them in the public after leaving. 3 years from now they are going to be doing the same thing with Cody.

WWE has a lot of talent, but is just badly booked. Easily one of the worst booked wrestling shows around which makes no sense.

Cody was like a C+ player. I used to think it was some kind of meme to ask for a Cody run.

Like I legit don't understand what people saw in him. He looks average at best, particularly compared to the guys they have now.

But have you seen the commercial that goes with that MITB poster? Roman Reigns charisma at peak levels.

That is to say: he explains the most basic concept in the driest manner.

People wanted Cody to have a run with the world title... when that meant it was the second tier title. Would have made perfect sense given the Sandow angle and playing up the lineage with his father.

No one was asking Stardust to be WWE WHC champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see how you can say Cody looks average at best when you look at the guy being pushed as the face of the company right now.

They're never going to kill off MITB are they?

do yall want to find out every wreslters political views? because i bet most of you will find them unfavorable
MITB needs to die.

Are the people crying over Cody's departure the same ones that hated him for being an ass on Twitter a few months back?

It is kind of crazy to think there was an era when Ziggler, Cody, Sandow, and others would have been acceptable World Champs. Del Rio and Sheamus reigning over that scene will do things to your mind.

Kurita

At least we're back to just one briefcase. When they had a MITB for both RAW and SD it was just overkill.

I kinda wish MITB was still a WM match. Felt more like an event.

klonere

Banned
I rewatched the Dead or Alive 2016 main event again

4ofw6fe.png

It was pretty good

SD spoilers

* AJ Styles is interviewed backstage and asked what's next. He simply says he doesn't know and walks off

* Seth Rollins comes out to a huge pop and cuts a promo. He says it's great to be back on SmackDown and asks if fans missed him. He can't say the same for the fans and the boos start up. Rollins walks off after a short 2 minute segment

Honestly can't tell which of these is funnier

lsr3AoQ.gif

kill me

klonere

Banned
All of their upcoming London shows look stacked, it's nuts;

. 06/05; Marty Scurll vs Big Damo, Pete Dunne (c) vs Matt Cross, Mike Bailey vs Josh Bodom, Mark Haskins vs Trent Seven, Sha Samuels vs Noam Dar, Addy Starr vs Jinny

. 06/12; Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr, Chris Hero vs Josh Bodom, Pete Dunne vs Martin Stone, Noam Dar vs Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay vs Mike Bailey, Big Damo vs Big Daddy Walter

. 07/10: Marty Scurll vs Mike Bailey, plus: Katsuyori Shibata, Tomohiro Ishii & Moose

Jesus christ, those are unbelievable cards. Guess I'll have to get Rev Pro On Demand at some stage.

I assume they are making money from this, can't be cheap booking all the big Euros + Angle + NJPW dudes.

Alucard

Banned
So, I finally cancelled my new Japan world subscription and my ROH ringside membership. Haven't used either in 7-8 months or more. New Japan got 80-90 of my Canadian dollars for free, and I have a year of ROH usage...renewed automatically and I realized that "oh yeah...I don't use this enough to justify this again next year."

Sorry, wrestling.

klonere

Banned
So, I finally cancelled my new Japan world subscription and my ROH ringside membership. Haven't used either in 7-8 months or more. New Japan got 80-90 of my Canadian dollars for free, and I have a year of ROH usage...renewed automatically and I realized that "oh yeah...I don't use this enough to justify this again next year."

Sorry, wrestling.

don't worry wrestling is pretty bad

6DmavBW.gif

1l035YV.gif

I assume they are making money from this, can't be cheap booking all the big Euros + Angle + NJPW dudes.

They've gotta be getting preferential rates for booking the New Japan guys, probably in exchange for the RevPro matches with NJ talent being made available on NJPW World. From what I gather, the York Hall shows do well if they're sold out (which both upcoming ones are), so I guess it's just whether they can book the right talent to draw a sell-out crowd. Lots of people were worried that Angle vs Sabre was going to be a one match show, but they still sold out with just that match announced, then RevPro booked a whole bunch of other great looking matches alongside it - they're cultivating the idea that if it's in York Hall, it's going to be a really packed card.

klonere

Banned
Best worker in the world today not called AJ Styles or KUSHIDA

giphy.gif

They've gotta be getting preferential rates for booking the New Japan guys, probably in exchange for the RevPro matches with NJ talent being made available on NJPW World. From what I gather, the York Hall shows do well if they're sold out (which both upcoming ones are), so I guess it's just whether they can book the right talent to draw a sell-out crowd. Lots of people were worried that Angle vs Sabre was going to be a one match show, but they still sold out with just that match announced, then RevPro booked a whole bunch of other great looking matches alongside it - they're cultivating the idea that if it's in York Hall, it's going to be a really packed card.

Oh I remember Alan4L raving about that match on some random podcast. Saying it was one of the first NOAH matches he'd ever seen. I should check it out someday.

Well if they can consistently sell out a 1,200 person venue that's definitely a sign they are doing very well to the outside world.

Striker

For all you know it's working behind the counter of McDonald's though, might want to wait until you find out what said job actually is.
It's probably some modeling gig or something.

I was going to say she is in her mid 20's but I come to find out she's 32. She looks amazing and she can milk that type of work for a good while.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's precisely why I don't feel bad. I'll have a few more dollars in my pocket at the end of the month now, so yay.

Currently wrestling is getting zero of my Euros and it's a pretty good feeling not to support the carniest of businesses at the moment.

PROGRESS and Rev Pro are getting the bulk of my wrasslin' money, WWE still has me on the hook for the network though.

I've got a PWG backlog now though, it's gonna be costly to catch that up

Ithil

Meltz is part of a vast WWE conspiracy to leak that wrestlers the internet is predisposed to dislike if they knew the company supported them are, in fact, in line for huge pushes, so those wrestlers get heat way early in the build and then get massive reactions.

Mark was right. Bunch of puppets.

They boo Roman because they don't like him.

Get over it.

Top Bottom