• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

charsace

you mean like Bryan, Orton, and Triple H?

It's almost as if no one buys him as legit regardless

They burned through those guys. Bryan and Orton the WWE burned through quickly. They tried to prolong the use of Triple H and that ended at Wrestlemania. There was no one else left that has a storied history except for Cena who they won't job out the Roman and Sheamus who no one really cares about.

AJ was like the only option outside of somehow getting Punk back.

Zach

Psicosis is like a 75% too. I loved Psicosis as a kid.
I don't understand this percentage thing. Help me understand so I can play.

And I loved Psychosis as a kid. Mostly because of that sweet guillotine leg drop in Revenge. >_>

He's still good as an adult, though. Real-life leg drop, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He has a bunch of great matches in Mexico. He's probably one of the most underrated luchadores of his generation. Kind of just a tier below Rey in WCW but never got quite as big as LA Park in Mexico after WCW. He definitely had some big name feuds and matches though.

Zach

Tell me about the percentages, Dato! Is 100% the theoretical perfect wrassler? 0% being Crush?

And what did La Parka do in Mexico that made him a top star? I love La Parka in WCW, but it's funny to think of him being a top guy.

jesus christ

he looked so promising back then

And then WWE made him do a Mexican stereotype gimmick where he rode lawn mowers with two other people

"They looked so promising until WWE got a hold of them" is far too common a tale. With him the drugs made things worse, and the WWE money probably enabled that

UberTag

Do you guys think Vince would even bother buying TNA's library?
On its own I'm not so sure that he would.

I think the best chance of it happening would be for ROH to buy TNA's library first and for them to have their library sold to the WWE at some point with TNA coming along in a package deal. That's up to Sinclair, though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When it comes down to it, Vince will turn Sami heel in his "feud"
3 month squash
with Roman.

Sami is like a demographic wet dream; he's an Arabic-speaking Syrian who can cut promos in perfect unaccented English, he looks and wrestles like Daniel Bryan if he was Vince's preferred height and he's already over with most of the demographics that watch the show. He's even more likely to get the title than Owens is and the scuttlebutt I heard was that they came around on how good Owens is.

I'm known to be tougher than a $2 steak.
kFGLEr4.png

Zach

I want to apologize to "Some Guy" OwensIsNow if I came off as curt. I'm caught up in this b-ball game and I don't know what's happening right now. I'm in a whirlwind of excitement and the dream of a championship.

Godspeed, dorksss.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i've probably asked before and forgotten because my brain in super dumb these days, but what happened to juvi? he was gearing up to be a cruiserweight on the level of mysterio in the late 90s. the ladies loved him because he was cute, everyone else loved him because he nearly killed himself when he was in the ring. the latino jeff hardy of his era perhaps, minus a little of the charisma but he had enough to matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqrppW9N0c

Zach

"A resurgent Brian Knobbs" is not a phrase I want to hear, Tony Schiavone.

But hey, this Malenko/Benoit vs. Raven/Saturn vs. Mysterio/Kidman feud is actually pretty fun.

Cagey

Banned
Meltzer claimed Eva Marie was getting a huge push once, I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt.

I've never said anything positive about Buff Bagwell as a face

And Big E. And Ryback.

um er things change
Meltz is part of a vast WWE conspiracy to leak that wrestlers the internet is predisposed to dislike if they knew the company supported them are, in fact, in line for huge pushes, so those wrestlers get heat way early in the build and then get massive reactions.

Mark was right. Bunch of puppets.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on WWE a bit. Watched the 4-way from Extreme Rules, which was excellent. High drama with every competitor playing their part.

Watching Raw...Seth's return was wonderful. He seems rejuvenated and like he's been practicing his acting chops.

Top Bottom