• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Fox318

New Day should have dropped the belts to the VaudeVillians.

Belts could have helped make them and a clean loss wouldn't have been an issue for a group over with the crowd like the new day.

If you really go back and listen Gorilla is pretty adamantly pro face. Vince was basically neutral except when face HBK is involved. Cole and Kevin Kelly are even more neutral.

Also for Raw is War I'm still in the era where half the show is JR/Cole/sometimes Kevin Kelly. Three play by play guys. One pro face, the other two stone cold neutral.

They also just replaced the 500 million people watch this* bumper with the Attitude era one. Business has, as they say, picked up.
Nah, I mean like Jr was a "stan". Austin could do no wrong, no matter who he was against, good, bad, or ugly, Jr went with Austin. At least Gorilla wasn't a one man nut hugger lol. That made the credibility of Jr shrink at times(kayfabe) .

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll fight on the hill that the Shield breakup turned out exceptionally well for all three, -especially- Rollins

For sure. And Shield merch was selling very hot. But why sell products under ONE name when you can sell three?

Man, if only Sandow and Rhodes had held out for another couple of weeks/months.

hahahahhahah

Reigns and/or Cena get one show, indie darlings and maybe one of the aforementioned two get the other. Sandow and Rhodes weren't getting a shot in a few months, if anything them having nothing to do then would have been more noticeable than before

For sure. And Shield merch was selling very hot. But why sell products under ONE name when you can sell three?

Oh for sure. WrestleMania in Dallas was super confusing for me because I saw a ton of hot girls stanning for Ambrose in full costumes, a metric ton of Rollins merch, and like...some Roman stuff

Hell I've seen Ambrose's logo far more than anything else WWE-related recently

Fox318

I'll fight on the hill that the Shield breakup turned out exceptionally well for all three, -especially- Rollins

Ambrose is doing great now filling that stardust spot.

The company didn't plan on getting Rollins or Ambrose over, the original plan was for Roman's massive work strength to throw them out of the rumble then Luger his way to the title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah, I mean like Jr was a "stan". Austin could do no wrong, no matter who he was against, good, bad, or ugly, Jr went with Austin. At least Gorilla wasn't a one man nut hugger lol. That made the credibility of Jr shrink at times(kayfabe) .

That's true. Heenan was for Flair and anyone he managed. Ventura loved Macho Man and Rick Rude. King loves that Brian Christopher fellow.

Meanwhile in WCW land the face commentators love Stang, Hogan, etc while the heels love Flair. Heenan loves his boys when he shows up. All the commentators are deeply in love with Goldberg when he comes in.

That's true. Heenan was for Flair and anyone he managed. Ventura loved Macho Man and Rick Rude. King loves that Brian Christopher fellow.

Meanwhile in WCW land the face commentators love Stang, Hogan, etc while the heels love Flair. Heenan loves his boys when he shows up. All the commentators are deeply in love with Goldberg when he comes in.
I hated how much Heenan cooled down in wCw, he wasn't as over the top. Any reason for it?

bjork

Maybe they'll release draft action figures and have their print run numbers on the package, and then there will be ones listed on the back that no one ever sees ever. That's what happened last time.

Zach

Since I'm not going to watch RAW and Smackdown regardless, I actually find this brand split business intriguing and have no real opinion on the matter.

I'm curious to see how the champeenships work out, though. Do they add something? The last thing they probably need is the current champ on both shows -- even though I don't really like the idea of two top belts.

I dunno. It's interesting. I'm sure there will be good and bad, but the only way it's a total failure is if you end up with two shows that feel the same. Which is probably what will happen.

Enjoy!

klonere

Banned
Firstly, I'd say nearly every guy that has been let go or left knew about the brand split. They got the sheet that said "Brand split but we still have nothing for you sorry :(" and figured "well that's that"

Secondly, the brand split's main purpose will probably be to build to Roman Raw vs Cena Smackdown at WM next year, not making your special snowflake favorite a big deal.

Zach

You know what would be really fun and interesting? It's not going to happen, but imagine if Vince McMahon told Shane-O and Stephanie-O (and Triple H, I guess. Unless he's gonna be "NXT guy" exclusively now...) that they were drafting for realz. :O

That'd be crazy cool. Have a live Network special with 'em making picks with a timer, a la the NFL Draft. I mean, Vince would probably, smartly, be like "okay, Stephanie, you have to take Roman as RAW's #1 pick, and Shane, you have to take Cena as Smackdown's #1 pick" but then imagine if it was all legit from there.

I'd eat it up.

jonjonaug

If the New Day splits say goodbye to Xavier being anything close to relevant, and Kofi's on record saying that if they split up he'll quit. I guess it'd be pretty funny if Ryder was the last man standing from this pic, at least.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what would be really fun and interesting? It's not going to happen, but imagine if Vince McMahon told Shane-O and Stephanie-O (and Triple H, I guess. Unless he's gonna be "NXT guy" exclusively now...) that they were drafting for realz. :O

That'd be crazy cool. Have a live Network special with 'em making picks with a timer, a la the NFL Draft. I mean, Vince would probably, smartly, be like "okay, Stephanie, you have to take Roman as RAW's #1 pick, and Shane, you have to take Cena as Smackdown's #1 pick" but then imagine if it was all legit from there.

I'd eat it up.

WWE and Vince McMahon doing things on the up-and-up. That'll be the day.

Barrage

So, whats your ideal scenario regarding the Brand Split for...

1. The World Title?
A. Keep one, have the champion on both shows.
B. Bring back the World Heavyweight Championship.

2. The Tag Titles?
B. Have each show have their own Tag champions.

3. The Women's Title?
B. Have a Women's and Diva's Champion.

4. The IC/US Titles?
A. Keep them as is.
B. Unify them.

5. The PPVs?
A. Split Brands, Split PPVs. Whole Roster on the Big 4.
B. Whole Roster on every PPV.

1. The World Title?
B. Bring back the World Heavyweight Championship.

2. The Tag Titles?
B. Have each show have their own Tag champions.

3. The Women's Title?
B. Have a Women's and Diva's Champion.

4. The IC/US Titles?
A. Keep them as is.
B. Unify them.

5. The PPVs?
A. Split Brands, Split PPVs. Whole Roster on the Big 4.
B. Whole Roster on every PPV.

A, A, A, A but have each exclusively on each show, B.

Raw64life

IC/US Title is the only thing I'd split. Everything else, let the champs be on both shows. Don't split PPVs either. It did not have good results last time.

Bubba T

Pushing Big E to the main event while still being in the New Day would be super cool - they don't need to split up to do other cool things outside of tag matches.

Which is what i'm thinking. They are clearly better together than they are apart. Being a constant feature makes that apparent. If you want to progress a member of the train you don't have to break up the stable.

klonere

Banned
IC/US Title is the only thing I'd split. Everything else, let the champs be on both shows. Don't split PPVs either. It did not have good results last time.

Agreed on all this. Except maybe have one or two split PPVs. Even if it might bring the quality down, they have so much talent the match quality will always be at least acceptable and its probably one of the only ways of giving performers meaningful rest.

If the New Day splits say goodbye to Xavier being anything close to relevant, and Kofi's on record saying that if they split up he'll quit. I guess it'd be pretty funny if Ryder was the last man standing from this pic, at least.

Xavier's also on record saying he'll quit if they split, I think Big E is too, and none of them want one of them being pushed to the top without the others. It's why they've never done anything more than tag titles.

Zach

1. The World Title?
I'm leaning towards two top championships, even though I don't love it. If you're going do a split, it should probably be a hard split.

2. The Tag Titles?
Again, two sets of tag belts.

3. The Women's Title?
Do not bring back the Diva's Championship ever. I like the Women's Championship on one show and a Cruiserweight Championship on the other.

4. The IC/US Titles?
IC on one show, US on the other.

5. The PPVs?
Split PPVs. Entire roster on the Big 4.

bjork

They should really use this as an opportunity to resurrect the hardcore title, 24/7 rules. Tie it into mobile alerts or whatever.

Xavier's also on record saying he'll quit if they split, I think Big E is too, and none of them want one of them being pushed to the top without the others. It's why they've never done anything more than tag titles.

It's not the only reason.

[edit new page... kinda nsfw but I laugh and laugh at his face. still, click at your own risk

http://i.imgur.com/XZhwVjJ.jpg

Bubba T

1. The World Title?
I'm leaning towards two top championships, even though I don't love it. If you're going do a split, it should probably be a hard split.

2. The Tag Titles?
Again, two sets of tag belts.

3. The Women's Title?
Do not bring back the Diva's Championship ever. I like the Women's Championship on one show and a Cruiserweight Championship on the other.

4. The IC/US Titles?
IC on one show, US on the other.

5. The PPVs?
Split PPVs. Entire roster on the Big 4.

WWE circa 2003.

GunBR

I think they should split the main title.
Actually, they can even give it to Cena. Just make him return with the title challenge every week and let Rusev keep with the US belt

Zach

I just want a new TV title. Or WWE Network Championship that's defended on all Network shows. And I mean all Network shows.

Mecca response: Checkmate WWE

I2Y5814.jpg

B5NV0Lx.jpg

BFIB

This is going to be a clusterfuck. They haven't properly built talent compared to before when the brand was split. They just unified the championship so what are they going to do?

Strax

I've never understood why tag teams aren't in single competition also. Especially if they are 3 or more in the team like Wyatts and New Day.

Top Bottom