• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Did you not see the look on Flair's face. He was devastated. I think Charlotte could have handled that a lot better if she wanted to break out on her own.
large.jpg

Flair hanging around Charlotte has been the major complaint against her since it seems like whenever she's about to lose he just swoops in to pull some trick. Getting rid of him and having her be the one to do it instead of something where he gets Kayfabe fired works in favor of establishing her better as a heel.

ICW viewing figures for Italy:

May 6th - 149,971
May 13th - 183,947
May 20th - 310,102!!!

OH, FUCK AYE!

Taken from Mark Dallas on Facebook, impressive numbers starting out. Especially considering we're talking about a Scottish indy being televised in Italy. Would need to find out how that compares to WWE, I'd assume they get about 750k, but that's pulled from nothing. TNA get roughly 150k in the UK I think on Challenge.

Bubba T

Blue here's your chance to shine.

Also i'm shocked Charlotte agreed to the promo. I know it's entertainment but dissing your mom/dad on TV not cool.

This is a show where its principal owner routinely bad mouthed his kids and made out with talent in front of his wife.

Mahonay

Banned
This is a show where its principal owner routinely bad mouthed his kids and made out with talent in front of his wife.
The owner of the company wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter.

So yeah, Charlotte kicking her dad to the curb ain't shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I see an ad or promo shot for Suicide Squad on a ne ws site, I think it's a Hot Topic ad for their version of the clothes or whatever`.

but no, that's what the actual characters look like

Eh, I think the second you make RAW the "main show" in the brand split the entire split is dead in the water. That's what happened to wreck the last one in the end, Smackdown stopped mattering and eventually they just ended the split.
Well it's either that or have #1 contender matches on the PPV followed by the actual match for the belt.
Did you not see the look on Flair's face. He was devastated. I think Charlotte could have handled that a lot better if she wanted to break out on her own.

eY50pM9.gif

MC Safety

The real answer to more WWE is to bring back jobber matches.

No way.

Maybe if the WWE was running five hours of programming aired on local channels and shown at midnight it could get away with pitting wrestlers against tomato cans.

But it's got five hours of prime time to fill on a major cable network. And ads to sell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really don't know how they're going to handle the women with this split, the roster of women is tiny as it is, and there are only a few good ones still.

So the rumor from BACKSTAGE SOURCEZ (e.g. grain of salt), but which makes sense is that the titles will be split like this:

WWEWHC: Both shows
US Title/IC title: One goes to Raw, one goes to SD
Tag Titles: Raw only
Women: SD only

Basically you'd only get the tag division on Raw and the Women's division only on SmackDown. The theory is that this is something a little different than the older Brand Split in that they're calling the shows "distinct" rather than "separate."

Flair hanging around Charlotte has been the major complaint against her since it seems like whenever she's about to lose he just swoops in to pull some trick. Getting rid of him and having her be the one to do it instead of something where he gets Kayfabe fired works in favor of establishing her better as a heel.

I understand, I just do't think you have to disrespect a man who has been in your corner and is your father like that,

She could have sat down with him and told him I need to do this on my own, its important to me etc.......

i didn't like seeing Ric being dragged through the ringer like that.

I understand, I just do't think you have to disrespect a man who has been in your corner and is your father like that,

She could have sat down with him and told him I need to do this on my own, its important to me etc.......

Charlotte's a Heel. You can't have the biggest female heel on the main roster sit her father down and give an inspiring speech about how this is her time to shine and how she wants to try achieving something as Charlotte, not as the daughter of Ric Flair. It's a good way to get heat with what she went with.

bjork

No way.

Maybe if the WWE was running five hours of programming aired on local channels and shown at midnight it could get away with pitting wrestlers against tomato cans.

But it's got five hours of prime time to fill on a major cable network. And ads to sell.

It's all in how it's presented. They've had that relationship for 30 years and showed they'll walk if the terms aren't right.

WWE and WCW have spent decades treating the Flairs, and especially Ric, like shit

If he had any clue the promo/angle was going to happen, it's quite possibly the most respectful they've been to him in years. Just last year Reid's death was mentioned in a promo Ric (and also Charlotte's mom) didn't know about until it was aired

WWE and WCW have spent decades treating the Flairs, and especially Ric, like shit

If he had any clue the promo/angle was going to happen, it's quite possibly the most respectful they've been to him in years. Just last year Reid's death was mentioned in a promo Ric (and also Charlotte's mom) didn't know about until it was aired

Yeah. I know hes got problems, i just wish they treated their older superstars with a little more respect. I think Charlotte could have done this a better way, and not lose any heat.

What ever, its just a small gripe.

Luschient

Hart's podcast might be the (usually unintentional) funniest thing for me recently.

Him learning about how the term "midget" is considered offensive now right after his story of putting midgets in headlocks in the backseat of his dad's car had me rolling.

And how wrestlers today all look the same with the same body type. "They all look like.......swimmers".

Hart's podcast might be the (usually unintentional) funniest thing for me recently.

Him learning about how the term "midget" is considered offensive now right after his story of putting midgets in headlocks in the backseat of his dad's car had me rolling.

And how wrestlers today all look the same with the same body type. "They all look like.......swimmers".

Ill check it out.

Nekofrog

Banned
And then WWE made him do a Mexican stereotype gimmick where he rode lawn mowers with two other people

"They looked so promising until WWE got a hold of them" is far too common a tale. With him the drugs made things worse, and the WWE money probably enabled that

well at least my jeff hardy comparison is a little more valid then.

He wasn't part of the Reid angle. He was part of this angle. Remember when Flair interrupted Charlotte and then cut a baby face promo and people thought he was drunk or it was a really bad direction to go talking about your top female heel...

That was setting up what was to follow. Of course he knew what was coming.

Most fully formed rumor/speculation I've seen on the split:
https://twitter.com/HeyHeyItsConrad/status/735481507742154753

IC and US on separate shows, Tag on raw, Women on SD, World on both. Considering the source it's probably Flair feeding him the stuff, idk how that bodes for accuracy.

Then again, considering it's WWE, there's a chance plans will change 3 times between then and now.
I'd be okay with this. Tag and female rosters are only just at the point where they both feel large enough for one promotion. If Smackdown remains the wrassling show, putting the women on there and tag on the entertainment show that is RAW makes sense too. New Day are decent in the ring, but what makes them so good is everything else. With the women it's the wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NO! Was that really a thing? Smackdown presents...

It was, but I think they stopped it well before the Brand Extension itself went away.

But recall that the Brand Extension itself kind of went away way before it officially went away because it sucked.

Yeah, I definitely don't have fond memories of the brand split for reasons like this. I feel like people are willingly forgetting that SmackDown was just Batista/Edge/Taker for like a solid two years.

Not that bad when you consider there was a major PPV main event advertised once with Carlito and Chris Masters in the match

Huh, seems STARDOM World is moving from youtube to hosting their own service on July 1st - youtube works well, but doesn't allow customers to purchase subscriptions in some fairly major markets (Germany, for one). They say they're using the same service as NJPW World, then also spill the beans that Pro-Wrestling WAVE and some men's promotions will also be opening international streaming services soon using the same provider!

Hoping for DDT and BJW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev is the only guy in the WWE that I just like am annoyed that he's there. Usually I don't care when people go to the WWE because I don't watch it much and I don't feel like I'm missing out on them on the indies or whatever.

But all I want to see is Rusev in other promotions. The dude is so ridiculously talented in every way. His physical ability, his look combined with him being hilarious. He could work so much other stuff. He's basically one of my favorite wrestling styles, Headshrinkers and Umaga, perfected.

Though I would also like to see Cena in not WWE. Not TNA either though.

Top Bottom