• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

It was never a good idea. It's a terrible idea that makes absolutely no sense. Splitting the undercard titles? Adding a Cruiserweight title? That makes sense.

The idea of taking a large talent base and splitting them across shows that have different structures and tones to highlight the strengths of the guys on your roster is absolutely a good idea. You're crazy if you think it isn't.

Smackdown was only that for a few years before Heyman was run off, but it absolutely can be that again given the talent at hand. The assumption that it can't at all be good is simply typical wrestling fan pessimism.

Toki767

Nia JAX is really green, but she's already better than Tamina and continues to show signs of improving. I'm pulling for her.
No argument there.

The only thing that really annoys me about Not Jax is when she does her leg drop. She doesn't even bother to jump at all. She just kind of lifts one leg and falls.

Mahonay

Banned
Yokozuna was impressive as fuck for a man of his size. Moved faster than he had any business doing. His sweet spot left him quickly though once he started piling on the pounds and pretty much became immobile. Also nearly killed a lot of jobbers.

Gurrry

yo smackdown is now live!!!?

does that mean they will still treat it like smackdown? or will it get a little more love now?

the way I look at smackdown now is that its not cannon unless they specifically bring it up on RAW or a ppv. im guessing that will change now.

Mahonay

Banned
yo smackdown is now live!!!?

does that mean they will still treat it like smackdown? or will it get a little more love now?

the way I look at smackdown now is that its not cannon unless they specifically bring it up on RAW or a ppv. im guessing that will change now.
Lol go back and read like the last few pages in here.

A lot is changing.

Nekofrog

Banned
Nia JAX is really green, but she's already better than Tamina and continues to show signs of improving. I'm pulling for her.

She really needs to work on her facial expressions and arm flailing. She gets too wide eyed goofy when selling people trying to knock her down. Otherwise I'm totally okay with her progressing at the rate she is, she's fine

kirblar

The idea of taking a large talent base and splitting them across shows that have different structures and tones to highlight the strengths of the guys on your roster is absolutely a good idea. You're crazy if you think it isn't.

Smackdown was only that for a few years before Heyman was run off, but it absolutely can be that again given the talent at hand. The assumption that it can't at all be good is simply typical wrestling fan pessimism.
"Dual World Champs" is fucking ridiculous.

There's one guy. Period. In any sports league in the world, there's only one champ.

That's why it's ridiculous. "Two equal champs" is not a real thing.

Brand split is literally an excuse for more McMahon bullshit.

See, I was told that Raw would become terrible after Payback because it would be filled with McMahon bullshit. That's yet to happen and Raw has continued to range from fine to pretty good since then.

So this statement just comes off as unfounded pessimism.

There's one guy. Period. In any sports league in the world, there's only one champ.

Every other "sports league" has all the teams playing under the same banner, even if separated by divisions. If Raw and SD are truly separate, they are more akin to two separate sports leagues than they are to two divisions in the same league.

See, I was told that Raw would become terrible after Payback because it would be filled with McMahon bullshit. That's yet to happen and Raw has continued to range from fine to pretty good since then.

Yea really expect wwe to learn why the brand split fsiled

You're being generous calling the Shining Stars, a shit world title scene, a shit women's title scene, a nonexistent (due to injury) tag scene, dwindling ratings, and having nothing consistently main event just so it doesn't end in boos "fine to pretty good"

The brand split was fine for a few years before it was pretty much just a brand split in name and didn't mean anything.

Also surprised WWE hasn't sniped Syuri yet.
syuri3.jpg

Hire Nia Jax over someone like Keira or Starfire though. lol.

How's her American?

You're being generous calling the Shining Stars, a shit world title scene, a shit women's title scene, a nonexistent (due to injury) tag scene, dwindling ratings, and having nothing consistently main event just so it doesn't end in boos "fine to pretty good"

A shit world title scene? You mean the world title scene that produced a really great match at Extreme Rules and numerous good matches on TV leading up to that?

Just because Roman's holding the belt doesn't automatically mean the stuff surrounding the belt is bad.

divas division becoming a thing again? or am i confused?

Confused. People thought there'd be two women's champs as a response to this, but it's sounding like they'll just put it on one show and the tag on another

So if Sasha ever recovers, no more New Day interactions

Mahonay

Banned
I want to see Dana start doing Frankensteiners and belly-to-belly suplexes, make the Big Momma Pump transformation complete. HOLLA IF YA HERE ME.

Gurrry

Confused. People thought there'd be two women's champs as a response to this, but it's sounding like they'll just put it on one show and the tag on another

So if Sasha ever recovers, no more New Day interactions

Damn. Thats kind of shitty.

Seems like they are going to limit themselves way too much for this to work without a massive influx of new, and more importantly, ready talent that can go from day 1.

And for the love of god, no split ppvs. I didnt watch WWE back when the first brand split happened, but after going back and watching some of those smackdown only ppvs, theres no way I wouldve put up with that garbage.

Mahonay

Banned
Damn. Thats kind of shitty.

Seems like they are going to limit themselves way too much for this to work without a massive influx of new, and more importantly, ready talent that can go from day 1.

And for the love of god, no split ppvs. I didnt watch WWE back when the first brand split happened, but after going back and watching some of those smackdown only ppvs, theres no way I wouldve put up with that garbage.
We can only pray they are not that fucking stupid.

Caderfix

It is when you theoretically have two different "leagues" with two equivalent belts. SmackDown and Raw will be split into two separated things being run by different people with different rosters. There will be "only one champ", one in each different show, that were drafted and compete for the highest prize within their brand.

Serious question, where do you stand?
1 - You don't see the benefits of a well managed split.
or
2 - You don't believe that the WWE will manage the split correctly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're trying to reignite the cruiserweight spark with Rey, Ultimo, Tajiri, Kidman and London with the womens division, I'm sure.

It's not going to work. But that's what they're trying to do.

Pikma

Banned
Two world titles is the best news ever, I mean, don't like Reigns? Fucking ignore him and the title that he'll be holding for the next ten years, at least for as long as this brand split lasts

The WWE Champion, Women's Champion and Tag Champions should have to take challenges from both rosters, then bring back the European title and make the EU title and the US title the exclusive single titles of each brand, respectively.

Two world titles is the best news ever, I mean, don't like Reigns? Fucking ignore him and the title that he'll be holding for the next ten years, at least for as long as this brand split lasts
Then when you look and see that Cena is going to be the other champion you want to eat a diarrhea sandwich.

Gurrry

Then you realize that the person holding the 2nd title will be John Cena.

Good news for once today:

UK indy ICW (Insane Championship Wrestling) has a TV deal in Italy and it's doing fucking great apparently! Aired for 2 weeks and already 332k viewers, 310k just this week, which is literally more viewers than TNA on POP

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Related to the Anoa'i family.

She's green as hell and boring to watch.

She's not related to the Anoa'i family. She's actually related to the Rock. Which is why the Rock sometimes tweets and talks about her, unlike Roman.

Top Bottom