• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

I think it was WM19 cause I remember Brock winning the title from Angle.

Rollin tho :
The Rollin remix was the better of them two.

Limp Bizkut was so over, even the guys from OSW Review made a homage of the band in their review of WM X-Seven.
Vince should've had a record label and snatched up Limp Bizkit, that was truly their favourite band. Vince probably looks at Fred like, wtf now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Babymetal means only one thing

I know who the next big signee is
TI3iQ3X.gif

Considering how adverse WWE is to change, I think it's safe to assume that the brand split would be pretty similar to how the split used to be

I guess I just disagree with that as a core thought process. WWE's roster makeup as a whole and who gets pushed up and down the card is a lot different than it was even five years ago when the brand split last existed. Yes, Vince holds on hard to his "top guy" image, but there have definitely been changes in who can be "a" guy.

Jopie

The brand split is the most exciting thing they have done in a long time for me.

More talent gets an opportunity to perform on tv (no more Ryder tweeting from an Outback during a show). There is less chance of injury due to the decreased workload for those who were working both shows. Most importantly, if they want 2 truly distict products, one can be wrestling focussed and the other can be the variety show that Vince seems to prefer.

Split PPVs aren't even an issue for me, if they happen. Either they add some network specials, or they put each show on a bi-monthly PPV schedule which gives stories time to grow.

Remember around WM when reports were that new marketing graphics were made for Raw and Smackdown?

RAW.jpg

Smackdown.jpg

Our potential future? (Minus those who are no longer with the company, of course)

Give Cena (or Roman), Rollins, AJ and the 4 IC contenders to smackdown and it's over. Won't have to watch RAW again for a long time.

Throw in sasha and bailey and Samoa Joe and Nakamura too and fuuuuuu

This is all super wishful thinking tho ain't it

Remember around WM when reports were that new marketing graphics were made for Raw and Smackdown?

RAW.jpg

Smackdown.jpg

Our potential future? (Minus those who are no longer with the company, of course)

They've used those graphics on the website since about December. Doubt they've had the split planned for that long.

Sephzilla

Smackdown from when it launched until the Heyman era was pretty decent. It started off pretty hot and had some main event storylines during it but it sort of faded into a B-show after a bit. But then the Heyman Era was better than Raw.

Alucard

Banned
Let Raw have the Intercontinental Title exclusively, and let Smackdown have the US title exclusively. Push both of those titles as being big center points of the show. The men's and women's world titles can float between shows.

This is an infinitely better option than adding another world title, which ultimately devalues all of the titles.

Precisely what I was thinking.

Oersted

RAW.jpg

Smackdown.jpg

Everyone jobbing to Cena on RAW and to Godking at Smackdown, with unification match down the lane? I could see it.

They've used those graphics on the website since about December. Doubt they've had the split planned for that long.

Yup

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine if they did a brand split, they'd break up the Wyatts ot pull one out for a solo run.

So either all the Wyatts go to one promotion and Luke Harper has another attempt at a solo career
or
Bray and Harper go to one and the bad ones go to another.

somedevil

John Pollock said on the new Court and Pollock show that someone told him that they are going to have a general manager for Smackdown but its not going to be a McMahon.

XenoRaven

I imagine if they did a brand split, they'd break up the Wyatts ot pull one out for a solo run.

So either all the Wyatts go to one promotion and Luke Harper has another attempt at a solo career
or
Bray and Harper go to one and the bad ones go to another.
I really like Harper in the Wyatts, but I don't think they use him to his full potential.

Plus he would be the best candidate to set off an internal Wyatt Family feud.

somedevil

My first thought. I'd be surprised though if he was game to come back this soon in a non-wrestling capacity.

Well he did tweet this after the announcement:

Daniel BryanVerified account
‏@WWEDanielBryan Daniel Bryan Retweeted Vince McMahon

This is awesome, both for the superstars and the WWE Universe. Can't wait to see it (although I'd rather be IN it!)

Zach

Limp Bizkut was so over, even the guys from OSW Review made a homage of the band in their review of WM X-Seven.

Limp Bizkit is forever trash and that Austin/Rock "My Way" video package thing you guys are always circle-jerking all over is forever trash as well due to this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's a hot take. And it involves two wrestlers that aren't my faves.

Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy is probably as good as Austin vs Bret. And they have the same result.

Top Bottom