• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Fox318

If they make Smackdown NXT, they're probably going to lose a lot of network subscriptions. Doesn't seem like the best idea.

It could make way for NXT to truly be devolpmental? IIRC NXT also has some TV deals in place in some markets so who knows what will happen.

I think it says alot that most of the roster (Save for the chosen few) won't know where they will be. And Vince has a history of breaking up teams, family's, crews, and more for not really any defined reason.

I honestly expect Vince to split up every tag team including a team like American Alpha so he can get Jordan away from Gable.

The 3 key points of a brand dependency will be as follows:

1. Vince must have a hands off approach to the booking of smackdown. Let Ward and HHH run the show without constant last minute changes to every script. Idealy Vince should have a list of guidlines for specif things to avoid (Rape, guns, murder, racism based angles for example) but we know that those carny style angles are Vince's favorite.

2. Guys should be designated to a "brand" for a period of at least 6 months or so. If a top guy is injured on the raw or smackdown roster

3. Smackdown needs to stand for something different than raw. When Smackdown was doing better than raw they were pushing the Latino Steve Austin that Vince was never going to push on raw. If Smackdown is able to draw using workrate or something different than typical raw booking it should be awarded and not punished for it. Maybe having new agents would be a help.

Fantomex

Team Iron Man? The biggest scumbag this side of Namor?(who at least is aware he's a dick) I can't look at New Day the same way ever again.

You poor soul

CjV3XyoUYAAaeW2.jpg

Legend

Alexander "The Total Package" Rusev should be SmackDown!'s Roman, but with charisma and good mic skills, and not looking like a fucking goof.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
lmao the what?

This is back a few months ago but when we were in one of our Guy Fieri phases there was a mashup of the opening to NGE and Guy Fieri that has seemingly disappeared off of youtube. If you search for it on youtube right now the right one isn't there, only a knockoff.

MG310

If they tape some stuff before Takeover they should have enough TV to get them up until the July 13th start of the Cruiserweight Classic.

Barrage

I think NXTs international TV deals make this impossible, but itd be interesting if WWE experimented with an off-season by having NXT go "dark" from July-September.

Unfortunately, you cant make this kind of move when you have shareholders to answer to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TMDK are as vanilla in NXT as they were in NOAH. Still not really sure why they signed them other than 'not short'

Somba vid was cool

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
La Mascara continues to want a Mask vs Hair match with Rush. This isn't the first time someone's challenged Rush to a Mask vs Hair match that nothing came of, but a Mask vs Mask match did happen shortly before Sombra left. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rush joining his buddy.

RIP CMLL.

Zach

Triple H is tanner and wetter than ever before at Backlash '99, but he's still Jeff Jarrett tier.

I'm actually enjoying the psychology of this match, though. Triple H zeroing in on X-Pac's vulnerable neck. Mostly solid execution. Not bad. Maybe H will ascend to Shane Douglas' level after all. >_>

JavyOO7

Corbin was in no state to get the strap anytime soon. Well, neither was Finn. So. . . .

Finn is/was fun to watch but not as fun as Sami, Owens, Neville, Dillinger, Corbin...

Really thinking about it, I kinda wished Owens never left NXT so soon. He could have stayed a few more months and had nice feuds with Joe and Finn and even Itami if he never got injured, Sami too... ah well.

Acorn

Triple H is tanner and wetter than ever before at Backlash '99, but he's still Jeff Jarrett tier.

I'm actually enjoying the psychology of this match, though. Triple H zeroing in on X-Pac's vulnerable neck. Mostly solid execution. Not bad. Maybe H will ascend to Shane Douglas' level after all. >_>
"My time" HHH was best HHH. First monster heel run. Better theme too...

*runs

shanafan

Avoided spoilers, finally watched Raw tonight. Man, that Flair/Charlotte segment was tough to watch. They both did an excellent job.

shanafan

Wow, catching up on news now.. brand split huh? I am going to Raw on July 11th, week before the live Smackdown. I wonder if I will see the draft (if there is one)?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone in the crowd jumps out of their seat when Ultimo gets the last pin on Villano. Nuts. Villano 5 is easily the best Villano. It is kind of funny to see him unmask like it's a big surprise when Villano 3 & 4 are in his corner and guess what? He looks like them.
$_1.JPG

Villano mask is so cool though. His is baby blue. If I were to get a Villano mask, I think I'd go with that color.

Zach

Haha, is there a gif of Austin giving The Rock the Stunner while The Rock is in first-person mode? That was just the right amount of silly.

Top Bottom