• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Zach

TjtYvii.jpg
Strangely made me a little sad.

Zach

Holy crap at Flair in the mental health facility. Such a crummy segment... but Flair made me laugh. >_>

And now Little Naitch is the boss of WCW?! Man...

Man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap at Flair in the mental health facility. Such a crummy segment... but Flair made me laugh. >_>

And now Little Naitch is the boss of WCW?! Man...

Man.
I remember this well. It was fucking terrible.

It's over

Dave said:
Banks was injured on the 5/15 house show in Charlottesville, VA. The injury was said to be the same thing, a concussion, and a significant one. And again the company didn’t confirm it. She was working a trios match with Lynch & Paige as her partners against Eva Marie & Brooke & Lana. I don’t know the circumstances that led up to it, but Darrick Moore, the referee, accidentally kneed her in the head hard. She missed the weekend house shows and was replaced by Summer Rae. Banks wasn’t booked for Raw or Smackdown in recent weeks having nothing to do with injuries, but that they aren’t focusing on her until the planned big push later in the summer but a match with Charlotte for the title at SummerSlam.

It’s not certain the severity of the injury and whether that will affect those plans, plus with concussions, everyone responds differently as some are back in a few days and others are never the same, and they are going to be err on the side of caution after the Bryan Danielson situation. In the case of Banks, the injury was a fluke and not her fault.

The bad part of this is Vince McMahon has on several occasions said he believes Banks only knows one speed and that’s all out, and even months ago was comparing her with Daniel Bryan, feeling she’s injury-prone. That label isn’t a kiss of death, but there does come a point where if there are too many injuries they can get leery and you never know when that point is since Vince has put the two in the same category.

Vince is already comparing Sasha to Bryan

Noooooooo Yokozuna r.i.p 😢

I still think it's crazy how he was gearing up for a possible come back and passes away before it happened.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The bad part of this is Vince McMahon has on several occasions said he believes Banks only knows one speed and that’s all out,
Welcome to the end result of the last decade of indie wrestlers killing each other to out spotfest one another for quick pops rather than building drama.

KingBroly

Banned
What they should do is when the Draft happens, the draftees for Raw and SD face-off against one another immediately as a 'one-last time' kinda thing.

Menome

New NXT title sequence and they've got the good sense to put Elias Samson on them. He's main eventing next week again too, because he's the guy you've got to beat to prove you're anywhere near worthy of challenging for the NXT title.

Aiii

So not worth it
What they should do is when the Draft happens, the draftees for Raw and SD face-off against one another immediately as a 'one-last time' kinda thing.

Yeah, they should totally do this. Maybe even do a PPV for, I dunno, shits and giggles? Call it Bragging Rights or something.

klonere

Banned
After watching CIMA vs Akira Tozawa from King of Gate I'm even more convinced that Tozawa is getting that WWE contract. He's perfect for the new Crusierweight thing they have going on, can play face or heel, can do super flips or mat work, incredible facial expressions, memorable entrance, genuine physical charisma and reportedly solid English plus already friends with Apollo & Ricochet.

As long as they don't beat him in a nothing match in the first round he's a lock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After watching CIMA vs Akira Tozawa from King of Gate I'm even more convinced that Tozawa is getting that WWE contract. He's perfect for the new Crusierweight thing they have going on, can play face or heel, can do super flips or mat work, incredible facial expressions, memorable entrance, genuine physical charisma and reportedly solid English plus already friends with Apollo & Ricochet.

As long as they don't beat him in a nothing match in the first round he's a lock.

sorry pal, he's gonna get jobbed out in 3 seconds to zsj

Tozawa speaks pretty good English, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up contracted regardless of far he gets in the Cruiserweight deal.

Welcome to the end result of the last decade of indie wrestlers killing each other to out spotfest one another for quick pops rather than building drama.

Insinuating Sasha learned that on the indies and not in NXT. Watch some of her pre-WWE matches, they're all pretty basic. Then she went to NXT and got 15+ minute main events to plan out and practice over and over, plus, for some reason she thought taking a middle-rope reverse rana was a super great idea.

klonere

Banned
Tozawa speaks pretty good English, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up contracted regardless of far he gets in the Cruiserweight deal.

Insinuating Sasha learned that on the indies and not in NXT. Watch some of her pre-WWE matches, they're all pretty basic. Then she went to NXT and got 15+ minute main events to plan out and practice over and over, plus, for some reason she thought taking a middle-rope reverse rana was a super great idea.

Yeah with this new WWE paradigm they are going to hoover up talent so I'd be shocked if Tozawa didn't end up in there.

As for Sasha her idols are Eddie, Lita and the AJW so its no wonder she is driven to do insanely risky spots in her big matches. Getting kneed in the head by a ref seems a pretty rough way to have your big push stalled.

In other news, the next NXT Takeover is called "The End" which is pretty ominous. Although it's probably more to do with the end of Finn/Joe and perhaps the end of Finn in NXT.

Top Bottom