• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

welp
CjaSSstWUAADTgO.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NOAH's non major show super far out static camera shot is the worst camera shot in the world. It makes me not want to watch matches that I want to watch.

And this is from someone who watches a lot of Mexico fancam footage. At least they're close to the ring.

Honestly, the crowds at the Wrestle-1 shows look way more into the match than the NOAH crowds. Wrestle-1 has a worse roster, but Takagi is doing a great job pulling their booking out of the gutter.

Two things:

1. Is Sasha seriously already so banged up that her future is in question?

2. Is this coming Takeover seriously the end of NXT as some places are insinuating?

Zach

Does the "TM" in TM-61 stand for "The McPoyles"? Because one of those dudes looks like the dark-haired McPoyle brother from Always Sunny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fave five promotions that Data actually attempts to keep up on

1. Lucha Elite
2. Lucha Underground
3. BJW
4. NJPW
5. Wrestle-1

NOAH has all the talent in the world to be my favorite right now, but the Suzuki-gun is even worse than the Bullet Club stuff at completely dominating the card. They've failed to push guys like Kenou who could be huge, and I think they've waited too long on Go already.

Fortune Dream doesn't count because it's a one-off.

Ithil

Two things:

1. Is Sasha seriously already so banged up that her future is in question?

2. Is this coming Takeover seriously the end of NXT as some places are insinuating?

Sasha has a concussion, presumably will recover with time. Anything about the Takeover is pure speculation based on the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
might as well say it right now. Edge is an awesome dude but Reigns' spear has eclipsed his imo. Sure he did that cool one off the ladder on jeff hardy, superman levels of height on that. but roman's has more impact.

Edge's spear has always been junk tier, though.

Recall

The term buried and jobber mean nothing anymore, truly nothing.

AJ was kept strong by being brought to the main event scene by having a title match on two consecutive PPVs.

Yes he lost, not every challenger wins the belt and AJ is still a featured wrestler on TV, given plenty of time to do his thing. Yes there has been some odd booking choices, but WWE is all about the head scratching booking ideas but the wrestler AJ Styles hasn't been buried and isn't presented as someone being buried.

Yet you read random internet comments it would seem that AJ was losing to Jack Swagger on dark matches every day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The term buried and jobber mean nothing anymore, truly nothing.

AJ was kept strong by being brought to the main event scene by having a title match on two consecutive PPVs.

Yes he lost, not every challenger wins the belt and AJ is still a featured wrestler on TV, given plenty of time to do his thing. Yes there has been some odd booking choices, but WWE is all about the head scratching booking ideas but the wrestler AJ Styles hasn't been buried and isn't presented as someone being buried.

Yet you read random internet comments it would seem that AJ was losing to Jack Swagger on dark matches every day.

People want their faves to win and act irrational when they don't, even though wins and losses don't matter depending on the context of the story. AJ Styles got over in the ring, and is making people look fantastic and also himself - which sets himself waaaay apart from Dolph Ziggler, who only makes others look good. You can have it both ways. AJ is the fuckin' MAN.

Zach

I hate '99 Sting with the white tape heavily wrapped around his boots like he's a gah dang NFL lineman.

This match he's having with DDP ain't bad, though.

Zach

Anyone else kinda wish we got one last colorful Sting run? It would've been fun to see him with long hair and the retro paint/gear. I mean, Hogan went back to the red and yellow, so why not? Too pander-y?

(Assuming this didn't happen in, like, TNA or something...)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else kinda wish we got one last colorful Sting run? It would've been fun to see him with long hair and the retro paint/gear. I mean, Hogan went back to the red and yellow, so why not? Too pander-y?

(Assuming this didn't happen in, like, TNA or something...)

Yes, I'm still holding out hope for a Surfer Stang. Best Stang.

Because Robocop is such a niche movie.

Fucking goddamn social media clickbait. This is as bad as Minions, Sunny Mac, and you should feel bad for posting it.

Nowhere near as bad as Minions. Noooowhere. I got banned for posting a Tommy Dreamer TNA Minion jiff.

klonere

Banned
I have zero problem with what happened with the AJ/Roman series. AJ/Jericho is a different story - should have been as much as a clean sweep as possible for AJ and much shorter. Fuck that feud. AJ/Roman on the other hand delivered two great matches and made both men look like total stars. There is nothing wrong with making your World Champ "look strong" or whatever. It makes the belt and whole promotion look better as a result, even if near everyone is booing him. Roman is putting the pieces together, slowly but surely and with a lot of booking bagging weighing him down. Now, whether or not he is actually company carrying material is another question, personally I don't think he has the charisma to truly pull off the role but he is an excellent cocky tweener champ at this stage. That is a moot point in any case: they are not slowing down on the Roman train and arguments based off the point that "Roman shouldn't be the guy" are a waste of energy.

I'm biased - I won't even hide it. I love Seth and the man has all the tools to be a top guy in the Reigns Era. So just let him stand in the ring with Roman and face off. Just let us think you are setting up a feud where both contenders are raring to fight like the AJ feud which was praised to high heaven and got great heat. Now you have two dudes that look like a million bucks, two guys that have held the championship, two guys that have enough cachet with the audience to be believable winners, two guys that will absolutely have a great match, two guys you have invested so much in. You have accidently built this match for two years, which is absolutely unprecedented in your company. So just let Seth stand in the ring with Roman. Let his character evolve. Don't leave money on the table.

That is the worry I have now, not that AJ is buried (he's not - wins/losses truly don't matter) but that the people that get to stand tall facing Roman are Cena, Lesnar and HHH. Cena...Cena's great alright but its fucking 2016 and you yourself have admitted that Cena is getting a bit long in the tooth with this Reigns deal. Lesnar doesn't care and is on the show sporadically. HHH cares but is old and running the company. So just let Seth feel like he could beat Roman.

TL;DR Let Seth move passed the "pinned by Jamie Noble" character. He looks, talks, is too over and is too good in ring for that. Build a credible star to feud with Roman for years to come instead of discount HHH
who was discount Flair

Can Seth get a new finisher that isn't a trash tier pedigree now he's not with the authority, going from the curb stomp to that is quite possibly the worst finisher downgrade.

Well okay, Showstopper to big punch might be worse

Zach

Sting wins! Sting is the champion! My god! What a match! What a Ni... oh. We're back to the mental institution with Ric Flair and Triple A (yes, Triple A). God dang it.

Top Bottom