• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
That gimmick won't last. They are giving this dude no chance. What the fuck is he supposed to do for longevity? Add a new dance move to his repertoire?

People are going to get bored of him FAST. I know I am.

His character is line with Dean Ambrose in terms of one-noteness and Jose's baseball punch has more impact than all of his offence.

He'll be fine. In NXT.

Mahonay

Banned
That gimmick won't last. They are giving this dude no chance. What the fuck is he supposed to do for longevity? Add a new dance move to his repertoire?

People are going to get bored of him FAST. I know I am.
Doesn't need to last. Your show should be peppered with random outliers. Not everyone needs to be a well thought out character that'll be there for the next decade. Let someone like No Way Jose do the goofy shit, and save your bigger talent (like Ambrose) from looking stupid as fuck.

somedevil

Some more news on ideas on the brand split from WOL:

WWE is already planning doing dual-brand RAW episodes with both rosters on the night after SummerSlam and the night after WrestleMania.

WWE is also planning on having double announce teams at pay-per-view events, according to WOL. As they have done in the past, the RAW announcers will call their matches and SmackDown announcers will call the SmackDown matches.

Sounds like as of now no separate pay per views. Though now pay per views will have Mauro Ranallo calling more pay per view matches.

Mahonay

Banned

Sounds like as of now no separate pay per views. Though now pay per views will have Mauro Ranallo calling more pay per view matches.
The PPV set-up sounds ideal. The B PPVs that were exclusively RAW or Smackdown during the last brand split were pretty lackluster.

More Ranallo? Sign me the fuck up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The term buried and jobber mean nothing anymore, truly nothing.

AJ was kept strong by being brought to the main event scene by having a title match on two consecutive PPVs.

Yes he lost, not every challenger wins the belt and AJ is still a featured wrestler on TV, given plenty of time to do his thing. Yes there has been some odd booking choices, but WWE is all about the head scratching booking ideas but the wrestler AJ Styles hasn't been buried and isn't presented as someone being buried.

Yet you read random internet comments it would seem that AJ was losing to Jack Swagger on dark matches every day.

no no no see they were burying styles by giving him the main event

klonere

Banned
8IhDZtj.gif

Spot of the year imo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dave said he's pretty certain that means that Mauro will have Vince in his ear now. He and Bryan both sounded excited at the idea of getting Graves on main roster commentary instead of Byron.

Heroman

Banned
The term buried and jobber mean nothing anymore, truly nothing.

AJ was kept strong by being brought to the main event scene by having a title match on two consecutive PPVs.

Yes he lost, not every challenger wins the belt and AJ is still a featured wrestler on TV, given plenty of time to do his thing. Yes there has been some odd booking choices, but WWE is all about the head scratching booking ideas but the wrestler AJ Styles hasn't been buried and isn't presented as someone being buried.

Yet you read random internet comments it would seem that AJ was losing to Jack Swagger on dark matches every day.

Buring no, but let be real he not being booked good or to his full potential.

klonere

Banned
Just watched this today. Alexa is absolutely great.

The whole match was excellent. Best performance I've seen from all 3. Alexa was the standout I think but Carmella had two stellar dives as well.

NXT TV has really been on an upswing for the last month or so, a much better product than the lull its been in for most of this year.

Angry Grimace

I mean, in the end the Brand Split is kind of dumb and they mostly just ignore it, but in the end Live SmackDown is probably better news than the Brand Split is bad news.

(This is assuming you actually wanted more fucking programming, but lets face it they've got a huge goddamn roster)

Just watched this today. Alexa is absolutely great.

If Alexa got good at wrestling its the first I've heard of it. The only thing Alexa is known for is that every time she shows up on camera my wife gets mad at me.

Barrage

TM61 may be good in the ring, but damn A) that name sucks, B) that music sucks, and C) their look sucks. If they weren't indie darlings I would expect "Which one's Thorne, Which one's Miller" chants.

orioto

Good Art™
Buring no, but let be real he not being booked good or to his full potential.

He's booked right now as the biggest attraction they have.. What do you want more than that.... Him being champ ?? The guy talks like tom sawyer.

But seriously, all teh guys complaining.. Do you realize he debuted in ferbuary and just main evented two ppv ?

Heroman

Banned
He's booked right now as the biggest attraction they have.. What do you want more than that.... Him being champ ?? The guy talks like tom sawyer.

But seriously, all teh guys complaining.. Do you realize he debuted in ferbuary and just main evented two ppv ?

Aj is 1-3 at PPV, it should be the other around , you dont book someone with the talent like aj has like that. Main eventing ppv is good all but he has lost his last 3 ppv match which makes him a loser, and it is not like he going to other main events matches.

RBH

Nitro 189 (April 26, 1999).

Check out that rana, brother. Watts enters at around 1:21:30.

Just watched it again. 1:23:40. Incredible.

Sting vs. DDP on that show is the best Nitro match ever. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better Nitro match.

On the other hand, that hurricarana by Erik Watts may be the worst thing ever.

Zach

Sting vs. DDP on that show is the best Nitro match ever. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better Nitro match.

On the other hand, that hurricarana by Erik Watts may be the worst thing ever.
Yeah, it was a really good match. I'm guessing there was a better cruiserweight match, though. Or three.

And re: The Wattsarana, I was shocked that he did something on par with the infamous dropkick gif in a two-minute match in '99. Like, who brought that dude back in? Just amazing.

MC Safety

No way, Jose is our generation's Ernest "The Cat" Miller.

He brought back the airplane spin just for you. And by you, I don't mean you, specifically. You're not appreciative enough of either the airplane spin or Jose's greatness.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best thing about Lucha Elite is the recording is professional. It's the best shot indie right now. Lots of angles, and they even do the overhead shot(which sometimes they use too much but whatever), and they don't have too many cuts to the fans that happen way too often in CMLL and AAA.

I think with some more time on the production team, Elite will be the promotion with the best camerawork period. Mexico and indie or otherwise.

Top Bottom