• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Heroman

Banned
This Alex wright dude looks pretty good.
Hcq7eXU.gif

I mean, this is def the narrative that Vince is trying to push which is clearly visible whenever JBL comments on the reactions. But is it really a good thing? Really?

If he was a heel, then yes it would be. But they are trying to make him the face of the company, and it's failing hard. This whole "any reaction is good as long as there's a reaction" crap is just flat out stupid. Having someone close out a huge PPV like a WM while being boo'd out of the building is not a good look, especially because the boo's are due to the fans rejecting the superstar.

The way fans actually reject top stars is by no longer showing up to the shows they're on. Ask Kevin Nash or Ultimate Warrior about that.

When fans continue to sell out PPV's and pay hundreds of dollars to the company they don't like for the privilege of booing somebody, that doesn't look like rejection to Vince McMahon's bank account.

Heroman

Banned
The way fans actually reject top stars is by no longer showing up to the shows they're on. Ask Kevin Nash or Ultimate Warrior about that.

When fans continue to sell out PPV's and pay hundreds of dollars to the company they don't like for the privilege of booing somebody, that doesn't look like rejection to Vince McMahon's bank account.

What fans do is that they don't watch raw and smackdown which will hurt Vince in the long run.

Checking off the Avatar list:

2. Kaladin has special marriage dispensation to not change his avatar yet
16. Tom Nook
21. Sabucin
24. SomewhatGroovy

Hex

Banned
It would be nice if the brand split made ppvs special again by making them the only place you would see cross brand match ups.
At least the big four.

Nekofrog

Banned
the people who said "don't worry about nakamura's promos, he's good" weren't kidding. his comedic timing last night in a non-native language was spectacular. my wife and i literally burst out loud at his response to austin aries. had to pause because we were laughing so hard

Davey M said:
The crowd in Newark, NJ, went nuts for [Seth's] return, as everyone knew the fans would make him a babyface when he returned after reconstructive knee surgery. The problem is, WWE didn’t want him like that. So on Raw the next night in Baltimore, after he got another big reaction, he turned heel on the fans, telling them that all the fan mail that he got while recuperating he never opened, threw in the garbage and set it on fire. Even so, when Reigns then came out to confront him, the crowd still heavily booed Reigns.

Even though this is another example of the company fighting the crowd, which clearly wants Rollins as a face and Reigns as a heel, it’s very clear they believe Reigns is the only guy who can be the new face of the company. With Rollins, while he is a natural face, the sides remain unbalanced in WWE going forward. Reigns isn’t slated to turn no matter how the reaction has been. So you’ve got Reigns, Brock Lesnar and John Cena, who returns next week, as the stars on the face side going into SummerSlam, not to mention people like A.J. Styles, Sami Zayn who fans would like to see in that mix. I’d say Dean Ambrose but his star really fell in that Lesnar program. Similar booking could yield similar results for Styles, really, sooner than later if they aren’t careful.

The heel side really only had Kevin Owens, and to an extent Rusev and Chris Jericho, so Rollins on the face side would make things more imbalanced. It’s also the reason why the Wyatt Family turn that was shot before injuries took Wyatt and Luke Harper out of play is likely to be forgotten since they need Wyatt on that side.

Back to taking Ls

bjork

Call #3 to Verizon today. I still don't have confirmation and my order shows as pending. Guy says their email is acting screwy, and so he triple checked and I'll have an email with tracking and all that by this evening. It's bedtime in like half an hour, it would be nice if it showed up before then. I don't even know why I have a phone, I never talk to anyone.

Nekofrog

Banned
Is there anyone here who still orders ppvs or anybody here who knows people who do? My wife's grandparents still order from their satellite provider every month despite offering to show them how to use the network. Old people must really fear change

Is there anyone here who still orders ppvs or anybody here who knows people who do? My wife's grandparents still order from their satellite provider every month despite offering to show them how to use the network. Old people must really fear change

The assumption that everyone has good Internet service is dangerous and false

bjork

The last person I knew who ordered a PPV was my mom. She died in 2005.

I think I'm actually done with ROH - Delirious needs to get his shit together. The TV show is as bland as could be, the PPVs hard to justify at 35 bucks and the booking's weird as fuck. There's a lot more they could be doing with the talent they've got, but I think they badly need a change at the top to freshen things up.

Pretty much only paying attention to see how Kamaitachi does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm actually done with ROH - Delirious needs to get his shit together. The TV show is as bland as could be, the PPVs hard to justify at 35 bucks and the booking's weird as fuck. There's a lot more they could be doing with the talent they've got, but I think they badly need a change at the top to freshen things up.

I am interested in Dalton/Kamaitachi, but not enough to spend 35$.

klonere

Banned

The reports of him being burnout seem to ring true.

shaowebb

This Alex wright dude looks pretty good.
Hcq7eXU.gif

Honestly he was pretty decent and could have been a solid midcarder, but he got saddled with a bad dancing german gimmick. Think the French Tickler sort of thing...yeah. Theres no recovering. They repackaged him as edgelordy German as fuck but it didn't take. Far too forced and at the time an angsty dude in all black was a dime a dozen. Didn't stand out at all then. His german thing could have been used decently enough IMO, but even pushed as hard as you could I dont think he'd have ever lit people on fire or been more than midcard or tag partner status.

Top Bottom