• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

They missed a trick by not calling them Fabreeze.
Probably copyright issues.

So I almost fucked up on my playthrough of mgsv

I thought Ch1 was the end and I was confused so I went to see what exactly happened. Right before I spoiled myself the chapter 2 preview kicked in lol. This game is awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hechicero, Tiger, and Puma
6B9Urvl.jpg

what a fly looking team

UberTag

New Japan Pro Wrestling has the Bullet Club.
Ring of Honor has the Bullet Club.
WWE has the Bullet Club.
And even the Global Force Wrestling pyramid scheme has one member of the Bullet Club on its payroll. Good for them!

Somebody shop a Bullet Club shirt onto Virgil so he can feel special too while manning his autograph booth.

kirblar

TM61 may be good in the ring, but damn A) that name sucks, B) that music sucks, and C) their look sucks. If they weren't indie darlings I would expect "Which one's Thorne, Which one's Miller" chants.
Without the TMDK logo their ring gear goes from cool to beyond generic.

Jamie OD

What is "X-Pac heat", and where does it stem from?

Wrasslenoob here.

It refers to a wrestler that the audience dislikes so much that they don't care about them at all. They don't care if he wins, loses, cheats or gets beaten up. They just want him to go away and as a result don't get invested in the wrestler's storylines. X-Pac was that wrestler in the early 2000s because he hadn't changed a thing about his entire persona since joining DX and became very stale. He still appeared regularly on TV at the time doing the same shtick he always did so the fans got sick of him. They didn't even care enough to boo him while he was a heel.

Heel Heat: "Boo! I hate you! You're gonna get your ass kicked!"
X-Pac Heat: "Ugh! Not this guy again! Boring!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love whenever Suzuki works with Fujiwara. It's like the grumpiest man in the world teaming up with his father that's constantly disappointed in him

Recall

Albert was nothing in WWE pretty much being in low to mid card teams, he leaves and goes to work for NJPW.

He has no restraints and thusly demonstrates his true ability while working with people willing and helping him shine. He is a force to be reckoned with and was having excellent matches and generated a great aura.

WWE hire him back after seeing all this only to treat him exactly the same as before and force him to either be a trainer or stop wrestling.

I understand that Albert wants to live and work in the states but how demoralising must it be that you know you have skills that can make yourself and others money but no one stateside is willing to try as hard.

Fucking hell, Ospreay vs Ricochet was a bit special.

U9zPbzs.gif

Definitely give it a watch if you're not averse to the flips, or one of those strange fans who sees a match with two of the best high flyers in the world and expect's anything but a crazy spot-filled match.

thefro

I still can't believe WWE has gone a full month without doing any dumb shit with Enzo & Cass' booking. That's the longest period for any team since the Shield.

They're a pretty hard act to screw up. Only three ways to do it... they never win, Enzo doesn't get mic time, or they break them up too early.

Enzo can talk, Cass is tall, they get big pops and sell merch, both from NYC area so Vince is prone to liking them, and Vince doesn't really micromanage the tag division. New Day want to work with them.

klonere

Banned
Fucking hell, Ospreay vs Ricochet was a bit special.

U9zPbzs.gif

Definitely give it a watch if you're not averse to the flips, or one of those strange fans who sees a match with two of the best high flyers in the world and expect's anything but a crazy spot-filled match.

Spicy, the EVOLVE match was hot fire as well. Love the in built story of Ricochet to formerly being the zeitgeist's flippy flipper to Ospreay being the current zeitgeist flipper.

Can't wait to check it this evening.

They're a pretty hard act to screw up. Only three ways to do it... they never win, Enzo doesn't get mic time, or they break them up too early.

Enzo can talk, Cass is tall, they get big pops and sell merch, both from NYC area so Vince is prone to liking them, and Vince doesn't really micromanage the tag division. New Day want to work with them.

The other great thing about the act is that they are relatively beatable - they lost nearly all their big matches in NXT and were still hella over. They've never been champs at any stage so there's a great underdog story already there.

Although I doubt Vince would book a guy called "Big Cass" as an underdog.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

lmao that is a good-ass sign

Albert was nothing in WWE pretty much being in low to mid card teams, he leaves and goes to work for NJPW.

He has no restraints and thusly demonstrates his true ability while working with people willing and helping him shine. He is a force to be reckoned with and was having excellent matches and generated a great aura.

WWE hire him back after seeing all this only to treat him exactly the same as before and force him to either be a trainer or stop wrestling.

I understand that Albert wants to live and work in the states but how demoralising must it be that you know you have skills that can make yourself and others money but no one stateside is willing to try as hard.

Yeah. Crazy how he came back in the main event and beat Cena clean. Nobody's trying.

Of course, I can't speak to the next year he was on the roster, but yknow.

Raw64life

Normally NJPW is good at announcing the entire card to a major event well in advance, usually as soon as the last PPV ends. But Dominion still just has the 3 singles title matches announced and nothing else. Wonder why that is.

Normally NJPW is good at announcing the entire card to a major event well in advance, usually as soon as the last PPV ends. But Dominion still just has the 3 singles title matches announced and nothing else. Wonder why that is.

Yeah, it's a bit later than usual but I think the full card will likely be announced at the Best of the Super Jr's final on June 7th, or the day after.

shanafan

It refers to a wrestler that the audience dislikes so much that they don't care about them at all. They don't care if he wins, loses, cheats or gets beaten up. They just want him to go away and as a result don't get invested in the wrestler's storylines. X-Pac was that wrestler in the early 2000s because he hadn't changed a thing about his entire persona since joining DX and became very stale. He still appeared regularly on TV at the time doing the same shtick he always did so the fans got sick of him. They didn't even care enough to boo him while he was a heel.

Heel Heat: "Boo! I hate you! You're gonna get your ass kicked!"
X-Pac Heat: "Ugh! Not this guy again! Boring!"

So I guess I have Bayley heat then.

That's pretty fucking ridiculous, dumbass ref knees you in the head and it's your fault you got a concussion and thus you're "injury prone".

Not her first concussion, not her first injury, not her first injury this year, and not even her first injury in the past few months. "Injury prone" and Bryan comparisons from Vince are unfortunately deserving at this point. She needs to change something in-ring or she won't be around in 2020

Fucked up that I had to say those things about Bryan, fucked up that I have to say them again about someone else. This generation of wrestlers is getting out of hand

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty fucking ridiculous, dumbass ref knees you in the head and it's your fault you got a concussion and thus you're "injury prone".

It's a good idea to not read it from Wrestlezone and instead from the Observer, where you can get the context. It does make a difference, as WZ is trying to get clicks.

Kornflayx

Not her first concussion, not her first injury, not her first injury this year, and not even her first injury in the past few months. "Injury prone" and Bryan comparisons from Vince are unfortunately deserving at this point. She needs to change something in-ring or she won't be around in 2020

Fucked up that I had to say those things about Bryan, fucked up that I have to say them again about someone else. This generation of wrestlers is getting out of hand

It's because nobody seems to get that you don't go all out on House Show, TV, or even undercard PPV matches. You go all out when it matters the most. But hey, let them go all out for that 2.5 rating on monday night.

Top Bottom