• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Retire "carny"
Retire "shoot"
Retire "50/50"

Let these terms go away

Sigh

Try to get my wife into wrestling by showing her what AJ styles' match with Roman looks like and her only take away was how cute Roman is.

Goddamn it

That's what you get for trying to push flippy dippys

mrOPSiO.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retire "carny"
Retire "shoot"
Retire "50/50"

Let these terms go away

Yeah but its funny when marks get worked and think something obviously worked is a shoot because they understand sorta what the terms mean, but don't seem to realize that bookers are aware the fans know wrestling is fake.

Yeah but its funny when marks get worked and think something obviously worked is a shoot because they understand sorta what the terms mean, but don't seem to realize that bookers are aware the fans know wrestling is fake.

There's 25% chance at best Dixie knows wrestling is fake, let alone that she knows we know it's fake

Lol I remember that reference from that podcast

dead

The Ultimate Rollup

WWE Studios and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) today announced that the two studios will partner on the upcoming action film, “The Marine 5: Battleground.” Directed by James Nunn (“Eliminators”), the film will feature WWE Superstars The Miz, Maryse, Heath Slater, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Naomi. The film will begin production this Tuesday, May 31, in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

lol that Social Outcasts push

Heel

The New Kayfabe, uce.

Down the line, I'm sure a lot of people in this thread will be embarrassed about how "inside" they thought they really were.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The New Kayfabe, uce.

Down the line, I'm sure a lot of people in this thread will be embarrassed about how "inside" they thought they really were.

I know I don't know shit, but even the fake rumors/reports are fun.

Just like in Hollywood you can't even trust first hand sources on what really happened.

Nekofrog

Banned
The Lapsed Fan actually released an entire episode in one week for once!

So I just started listening to the Lapsed Fan last week now that I've got downtime periods during work where I can just listen to it while doing idle tasks, and the Lee Marshall character is probably the funniest thing I've heard in forever. The levels of that man's debauchery.

The New Kayfabe, uce.

Only thing I'll ever be embarrassed about or regret is ever reading your and Sunny's posts. And that's a shoot

shaowebb

It refers to a wrestler that the audience dislikes so much that they don't care about them at all. They don't care if he wins, loses, cheats or gets beaten up. They just want him to go away and as a result don't get invested in the wrestler's storylines. X-Pac was that wrestler in the early 2000s because he hadn't changed a thing about his entire persona since joining DX and became very stale. He still appeared regularly on TV at the time doing the same shtick he always did so the fans got sick of him. They didn't even care enough to boo him while he was a heel.

Heel Heat: "Boo! I hate you! You're gonna get your ass kicked!"
X-Pac Heat: "Ugh! Not this guy again! Boring!"

Greatest Promo putting down Xpac ever made. Slams him pretty hard on his staleness.

You can tune it out after Xpac yes mans Christian. Then it becomes a promo on Christian.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I sincerely hope Nakamura destroys Austin Aries cause I can't stand that fucking guy

I mean, he probably will. The weird part is that Nakamura's English from what I can tell is better than they make him act like on the show. Like I've seen him speaking English and he can do it much better than what they had him do on NXT this week.

Top Bottom