• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Heroman

Banned

tumblr_mnnfkbxDbo1s6ns7wo1_400.gif

If Vince and Dunn are heavily involved in smackdown than this brand split has already failed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly the only thing they need to do to sell me on 2 titles is to have the 2 champions fight at WrestleMania.

RBH

Meltzer on WOR regarding if Vince would ever consider re-hiring Kurt Angle for the brand split:

"Vince is really strong on not hiring Kurt Angle. He's got his reasons why. He feels that if something bad happens to Kurt Angle, it could really hurt the company bad, since of his status as a gold medalist, a real sports figure. And people would start asking questions, and you know, the sponsor issue.

But if they never have Kurt, and he's not on their watch and something happens, then they're ok. So Vince has been very adamant for 10 years, to the point of not doing anything with Kurt. I don't wanna say never because it's Vince, but this one sounds like a real tough one. And even-so, you gotta understand where Kurt is at.

Could Kurt come back and have a great match at Wrestlemania? I think so. But Kurt is on his last legs when it comes to being an active wrestler. It may be in his best interest to not wrestle anymore, because he was getting hurt a lot at the end, -- his knees and everything like that. [...] He couldn't do the schedule. There's not even a chance he could do the schedule. So, as far as coming in as an Undertaker-like character, who does the one big match a year, yeah I'm sure he could do that and be great at that.

But I don't think they want that risk. At least Vince perceives it as a bad risk of whatever it is. They don't want guys arrested - Kurt hasn't been arrested in a while, thank god. But he has been. He's had a couple of these several issues while he was in TNA."

Browny

Banned
I thought it was a Wrasslegaf tradition that Boots always made an Ultraviolent Cage Of Death thread for June, just because...

Such a great moment in history of wrestling.
I did not know that about the Mario RPG.

Yeah according to GameFAQs, it was released about two weeks before Hall's debut but still right about that time. I remember this because I was just exiting third grade. It wasn't until around sixth grade that I recall seeing nWo shirts because I wasn't watching wrestling in elementary school.

By the way, to you and those that have it in their avatar. I loved Alex Wright as Berlyn.

Well this fucking sucks

Rob Van Dam's wife is tapping out of their marriage -- filing divorce docs to end their 17-year union and asking the judge to restore her old name, TMZ Sports has learned.

Sonya Szatkowski filed court docs in L.A. citing irreconcilable differences. The two married in 1998 but Sonya claims they separated back in December. They have no minor children.

Sonya is asking for spousal support and says Rob should have to pay her attorney's fees. She's also asking the judge to restore her name from Szatkowski to Delbeck.

We spoke with Sonya who tells us the two are still on relatively good terms -- they're still talking -- but she just decided the marriage wasn't working anymore.

She added, "It’s a private time. It’s a hard thing for me to even talk about."

It's especially sad considering Rob and Sonya's love story was pretty well known -- Sonya often traveled with RVD during his wrestling career so she could be ringside for his matches.

In fact, Rob famously put his WWE career on hold to be with Sonya after she was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2007. She has since recovered.

Also Vince has removed Cena's new shirt. He doesn't have the balls anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Hardy looks delightful now. He's always in my mind been the better Hardy. While Jeff has incredibly infectious charisma, Matt thinks more long term and has crazy pro wrasslin IDEAS. Plus, V1 Matt Hardy was an interesting, great thing when everyone expected him to go nowhere.

Mahonay

Banned
Matt Hardy looks delightful now. He's always in my mind been the better Hardy. While Jeff has incredibly infectious charisma, Matt thinks more long term and has crazy pro wrasslin IDEAS. Plus, V1 Matt Hardy was an interesting, great thing when everyone expected him to go nowhere.
Matt V1 was great.

Top Bottom