• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Wrestling has been so shitty to me this year, time to find something else from my childhood I can cling to.

https://youtu.be/QfBmqLSRzWU

My life is pretty much all about Viper now.
Cm viper?
Make sure to leave space for Monster Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibeRYZ5_3k

Monster Trucks and mascots for each truck, cutting promos like wrestling. Billion dollar idea, I tell you
I wonder how much money they made just from wcw. I didn't know wtf monster trucks were until wcw introduced them. Obviously, I thought Hogan would be racing the trucks. There was a monster truck show back here in December. I hear it's pretty fun even if it isn't your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhKy6GpV0B8&app=desktop

This is the best the song of all time.

Wrestling has been so shitty to me this year, time to find something else from my childhood I can cling to.

FXOMPS1.gif

one of only two viper gifs i could find on short notice

JavyOO7

Meltzer says WWE would lose $26-30M if they went to 2 hour Raws.

Just to drive home how much WWE will never go away from 3 hour Raws.

I think losing 30M in the long run is worth it though. They can't deliver 3 hour show on a constant basis if their lives depending on it. And even that is not a bad thing. I would even argue for 2 hour PPVs instead of the 3 they have right now. Make everything more polished and streamlined.

bjork

Carolina Crusher hit himself in the chest with a bigass... wrench, or a ratchet or something, during his promo. That dude could probably squash Scott Norton.

I watched it but at the same time still disliked Viper for being a wanna be Knight Rider, plus I was still pretty salty over Knight Rider 2000.

I saw that last night but wow, so many grown ass men that are Cena fans.

Cena's probably gonna get his win back and then another one for good measure though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was just thinking about something mind blowing today:

Scott Steiner and Brian Pillman have basically the same career.

In the first half of both of their careers they are in ring workers who can't talk to save their lives. Pillman is a pretty good cruiserweight style guy and Scott is one of the best big guy workers ever.

Both of them fuck up their bodies just as they become two of the best wrestlers ever at playing crazy people. Pillman with the accident and Scott just fucks up his back and puts on far too much muscle to be mobile.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm about halfway through 1998 in WWF and here is my mid year thoughts.

HBK is gone and is referred to about as much as Bret is, which is to say infrequently.

The night after Mania is a big big deal. Last year might have had that wonderful Bret Hart Promo, and the card in 1996 was good too, but this one is historic. McMahon/Austin. X-Pac being the first big name to move over in the Attitude era from WCW. DX and the Outlaws finally becoming one. Rock kicking out Farooq, the start of Val Venis promos.

DX just flips from number one heel group to mid card face stable one week with no real reason. The fans are seemingly behind them so who cares.

Owen...joins the Nation. I guess since DX are faces he's got no other choice but he is being lost in the shuffle.

Speaking of being lost in the shuffle Sable is now coming out without Mero some weeks, though their recent match at Over the Edge was pretty a damn great swerve. Her first intergender tag match was actually not awful either.

Speaking of blink and you'll miss it Goldust is no longer...Goldust and him and Luna split. My policy when watching these shows is that if I fall asleep during RAW I don't go back so I literally missed this segment and it wasn't really brought up again.

The first really amazing RAW match of the Attitude era was Mick Foley (Not Dude Love/Cactus Jack/Mankind) versus his friend Terry Funk. This is one of the truly great non comedy hardcore matches on RAW. Vince dancing with the Dudettes by the end is great.

The night after Over the Edge begins with an amazing Vince narrated recap of the PPV telling his side of the story. Him and Patterson/Brisco are great at this corporate stable. Brisco advertising his auto body shop 3000 miles away at the PPV was gold, the network even leaves the telephone number in!

Dude Love and Austin have some great main event brawls at these ppvs. McMahon counting the fall by his hand alone is foreshadowed a ton, was obvious but awesome even back then.

TOP FIVE FACES:

Austin
Undertaker
Sable
DX
Vader

TOP FIVE HEELS:

Vince
Patterson/Briscoe
Dude Love...though he just got FIRED!
Kane (though when not fighting Undertaker/Austin he gets an abnormal amount of face pops)
The Rock/The Nation of Domination

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bitch also wore the same outfit for months at a time.

I haven't made it that far yet as she's changing her gear every week. Far more than most wrestlers as well. Her best look was with a single ponytail a few months back. I've never been a huge Sable fan but she looks pretty good in 1998 so far.

Marc Mero did get a giant face pop when he rolled her up though. People really did enjoy that one swerve.

I haven't made it that far yet as she's changing her gear every week. Far more than most wrestlers as well. Her best look was with a single ponytail a few months back. I've never been a huge Sable fan but she looks pretty good in 1998 so far.

Marc Mero did get a giant face pop when he rolled her up though. People really did enjoy that one swerve.
That's because Mero is the most exciting man to see on Raw.

Really, simply because Sable was somewhere around if he was out there. They should be thanking Mero simply because of his wife.

Top Bottom