• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

shaowebb

Motherfucker I would take that every night of the week and twice on Saturdays before I took one Stinkface and that is a shoot.

g3Ov6eb.gif

We need to photoshop Rikishi's face onto every dude in this gif for your post sir.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The top 2 highest rated shows on WWE Network are NXT and Edge and Christian

Camp WWE is floppin

Maybe that has something to do with the fact it sucks.

Like, E&C is popular because they figured out that pandering to smarks would get ratings on a subscription-based internet streaming service (e.g. everyone watching is a hardcore fan). Camp WWE is just swearing and using various wrestler's names.

DMczaf

Meltzer says WWE would lose $26-30M if they went to 2 hour Raws.

Just to drive home how much WWE will never go away from 3 hour Raws.

How in the hell is a man who is supposed to be dead back two weeks later and fighting? I'm starting to believe wrestling isn't real anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is it that only you mentioned this? I'm stunned. Very important moment in wrestling history. I believe also around this time Super Mario RPG was released in America so that turns 20 as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzj4if0sHo

It's always great to read the comments from these things and how someone always wants to say ECW/WWE stole from ECW.

When ECW stole from Memphis. And Diesel was the first 'shades of gray' face I can remember.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Strange but true fact about Vince Russo WCW: He was basically shelved because his boss got wind that he wanted to make Tank Abbott, a shitty but credible looking MMA fighter, champion in a fluke battle royale win.

He comes back months later and within weeks of that makes David Arquette Champion. A few months after that, himself as champion. Both of these are far less credible moves. Tank Abbott? Never WCW Champion.

KingBroly

Banned

Whether they like 2 hour Raws or not, they're going to go back to 2 hour Raws at some point in the future when a contract comes due.

I'll predict that Rollins/Reigns double pin at MITB and that's how they split the Titles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whether they like 2 hour Raws or not, they're going to go back to 2 hour Raws at some point in the future when a contract comes due.

I'll predict that Rollins/Reigns double pin at MITB and that's how they split the Titles.

USA is perfectly happy with the ratings three hour RAWs get, why do you think they snapped up Smackdown and are paying the extra cost to film it live?

Before I hear the ratings are terrible angle again it's simply not the case. Is it a mega show that could compete with the NFL in 18-35 back when most people only had thirty channels anymore? Nope! Is it a constant and proven ratings success in an era where people either don't have cable or have 400 hundred channels. You betcha.

Fox318

Honestly I bet ratings would be higher and I'm sure the product would be much easier to digest.

Sure they lose out on that money now but right now their average audience tv viewer is 41. In 2000 it was 23 and Vince was having hours that were doing better than Monday night football.

If Vince had those numbers today with a younger audience as rates wouldn't be so shitty.

Top Bottom