• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So, are we back to Cena/Rusev, the patriot against the foreigner feud that we have seen so many times? Pretty boring imo, but at least they are building Rusev up again, that guy can be a top heel with some decent booking.

Ravager61

I cannot understand why WWE constantly needs to build the crowd up and then just completely kill all hype. It just makes people walk away unsatisfied. I have no problem with Rusev winning but getting everyone hyped by having Zach hit all his moves and then just having Rusev toss him out is asinine. It doesn't build heat. It just leaves the crowd with a reason to complain.

UberTag

If this brings back pre-Cena Rusev, I am very happy.
Odds are it'll bring back post-Cena Rusev as well. Cena needs someone to bury come Memorial Day. I smell a reset button.

But we'll get more US Open Challenge matches... and we all liked those, right?

Toki767

Odds are it'll bring back post-Cena Rusev as well. Cena needs someone to bury come Memorial Day. I smell a reset button.

But we'll get more US Open Challenge matches... and we all liked those, right?

Eh. To be honest, Cena pretty much already ran through everyone on the roster at the time in those matches.

And I'd rather not have AJ vs Cena be a throwaway US Open Challenge match.

WE DID IT FAM

rusev-us-champ-002.gif

I cannot understand why WWE constantly needs to build the crowd up and then just completely kill all hype. It just makes people walk away unsatisfied. I have no problem with Rusev winning but getting everyone hyped by having Zach hit all his moves and then just having Rusev toss him out is asinine. It doesn't build heat. It just leaves the crowd with a reason to complain.
It works when you're trying to build someone up in a feud

But it isn't a feud, that was their shot and it's gone

UberTag

May 22nd - Rusev wins the US Title for the 2nd time
May 23rd - Rusev defends his title exhausting Kalisto's rematch clause; Cena issues challenge for next week
May 30th - Cena pins Rusev; wins US Championship; rematch booked for Money in the Bank PPV
June 19th - Cena humbles Rusev once again
June 20th - Return of weekly US Open Challenge matches on RAW

Brinbe

May 22nd - Rusev wins the US Title for the 2nd time
May 23rd - Rusev defends his title exhausting Kalisto's rematch clause; Cena issues challenge for next week
May 30th - Cena pins Rusev; wins US Championship; rematch booked for Money in the Bank PPV
June 19th - Cena humbles Rusev once again
June 20th - Return of weekly US Open Challenge matches on RAW

Those US Open matches were excellent so I don't mind this return to the status quo. And then Cena drops the belt to take on Reigns down the road.

Flair's probably paid some hookers good money to put him in a sharpshooter

Top Bottom