• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
I got Fallout 4 super cheap over the weekend.

It should have been called Borderlands 3.
and I shamefully kinda like it even though I know its doing everything wrong RPG wise. and the writing ARUGGGHHHH

Aiii

So not worth it
Stellaris is out on Monday, I don't even think I'll have time to play Uncharted 4 until next year sometime.

klonere

Banned
Stellaris is out on Monday, I don't even think I'll have time to play Uncharted 4 until next year sometime.

I'm so hyped. It's the game from Paradox I've been waiting for since like 2008. I just hope they keep up this new era of the game not being horrifically broken at launch.

Sorry if old, but Meltz/F4O on current situation:

AJ Styles had a hell of a match, and Roman Reigns was with him and did well. I mean AJ Styles was phenomenal tonight. But when it was over, the stars of that match were Stephanie and Shane. And the other guys, they're there and they're fine -- but they're the ones being manipulated by the McMahons. They're not the manipulators, they're not the stars. And as long as you got that, your ceiling is not that high.

Kaiterra

Banned

Kaiterra

Banned
Hearing the stooges repeat pretty much the same thing they said at Payback about Camp WWE rubbed me the wrong way... I'm sure they could've taken some time to have them say something else while giving the same info.

Seriously, right? And on that note, real talk, Camp WWE has me hopeful that one day, in the distant future, we might see a network exclusive R Rated wrestling product.

Nagata won the NEVER title? I am legit shook

Volador Jr. in the BOSJ? AWESOME!

I guess Ricochet isn't going to WWE after all. Whatevs. Can we get them vs. reDRagon now?

Exis

The first episode of Camp WWE was shit, but I remembered that the E&C show was awful in the start as well so maybe it can get better.

Marvel

could never
Just caught up about The Ryback, I'd actually be a little shocked if he quit the E.

Doesn't seem the type. But after all the CM Punk shit, it would be fucking hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If NJPW picks up Ryback, you can watch BigMike get replaced. Japan would be hot for The Big Guy. Also I think he'd be great in PROGRESS, lots of smaller guys to look amazing against and he'd have plenty of hosses around that know how to work with fellow hosses.

Aiii

So not worth it
If NJPW picks up Ryback, you can watch BigMike get replaced. Japan would be hot for The Big Guy. Also I think he'd be great in PROGRESS, lots of smaller guys to look amazing against and he'd have plenty of hosses around that know how to work with fellow hosses.

Japanese and their R's though.

thefro

FWIW, Austin blamed Simon Gotch on his podcast for the injury to Enzo. Said when you're that close to the ropes you just want to guide the guy and not throw him. Also said you don't pick a guy up by the neck/head if there's any question before the ref checks him. Did the usual caveat that he likes both teams, Gotch is a great technical wrestler, probably too amped up for his first big match, hopes it doesn't hurt the push of either team, blah blah blah.

Just interesting to hear his opinion since he was a wrassler.

Hex

Banned
I bet Ryback seriously got pissed when they gave Reigns "The Guy", I guarantee that is what sent him over the edge.

Zach

For Fun? ;)

I didn't watch it. Seems like the overall census is that is was bad.
There were a couple of amusing moments. Probably 30 seconds worth. But if I knew nothing about wrestling, I don't think anything would work. It's a really crappy program.

KingBroly

Banned
The US Title is the burial title right now so I wouldn't feel terribly excited that he's getting a shot at it. The guys who actually have segments on every show and angles are going after the Intercontinental Title or the WWE Title. To wit: the US title was preshow the last 3 PPVs. It was last defended on the main show at Royal Rumble.

Hell, when Rusev had it before Cena it was a garbage title until Cena specifically tried to get it. Meaning Cena didn't elevate the title outside of when he personally had it in his possession.

It's not like they tried to keep the US Champion particularly strong since then.

klonere

Banned
It's not like they tried to keep the US Champion particularly strong since then.

I am dying to know what Vince saw in that MexAmerica storyline. I am dying to know what was originally proposed for ADR when he came in because what happened cannot be what was planned.

shanafan

Hmm, I feel the opposite. Having a US Title match as a preshow gives that match more of a meaning. A preshow match like Titus O'Neil vs Bo Dallas is just a filler match before the show. But, if it's a title match, I would more likely tune in to see it - like Ryback vs Kalisto. I did like how at Fastlane, the US Title preshow match was 2 out of 3 falls, which isn't a common match type. It's all about bringing in the viewers earlier, and I feel a US Title can do that.

All I know

Is when Ryback enters UFC, or does a shoot anywhere (especially on a podcast), or even mentions The Secret once in his post-wrestling interview, I'm 1) posting it here and/or (if I'm late) 2) laughing about it nonstop

Dude can't say shit about Punk anymore. He lost it. Lmao how you gon make fun of someone for leaving when they're healthy/able to and then do the same yourself 2 years later lmao talk about taking L's on his day off

Watching Payback now and I really wish the WWE made a special outfit for Nattie that was in the vein of the old Hart Foundation and had her come out with the glasses. They should have gone full blown retro on this fight. I know its only payback, but damn it was a lost opportunity.

Raw64life

Del Rio didn't even get his own entrance last night.

lol if they really gave him a 7 figure guarantee to come back and do this shit.

I am dying to know what Vince saw in that MexAmerica storyline. I am dying to know what was originally proposed for ADR when he came in because what happened cannot be what was planned.

you know it was

He took a bigger paycheck to do nothing but publicly frown throughout the whole thing, and now I wouldn't be shocked if they have nothing for him after the League dissolved. Maybe he feuds with Sheamus for another 9 PPVs because people missed that apparently?

Mahonay

Banned
Thoughts from RAW:
Big Cass stepping it up last night without Enzo. He did a great job.

The Lil' Naitch segment made me laugh last night. Made me less annoyed about that ridiculous finish.

I'm a big fan of Emma using the Michinoku Driver as her finisher.

RUSEV CRUSH

The Styles vs Reigns stuff is one of the better feuds they've put together in a while. Some good shit.

Holy fuck the Ambrose / Stephanie / Jericho segment was super bad.

I thought you guys were over playing the ending to that Nattie/Charolette match but wow. That was absolutely awful. It was made especially worse by the super slow stuck in quicksand double sharp shooter.

Top Bottom