• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
Just for funsies, here are my grades for these guys:

1. John Cena – $9.5 million - B
2. Brock Lesnar – $6.0 million - B
3. Triple H – $2.8 million - C
4. Randy Orton – $2.7 million - C
5. Seth Rollins – $2.4 million - B+
6. Roman Reigns – $2.1 million - C+
7. The Undertaker – $2.0 million - D
8. Big Show – $1.5 million - D-
9. Kane – $1.3 million (lol) - F
10. Dean Ambrose – $1.1 million - C+
:D

I fixed your dumb grades, you dumb idiot.

Anth0ny

wNwlPYP.png

Good night, Meltzamaniacs.

... I think I'm being worked.

DMczaf

Friends....

WWE Network added new Collections for May.

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBXKh7fB8L$g$B9NSPxNsnizwDJ/doc.html?t_params=

One of those Collections?

7p24Ekp.png

:O :O :O :O

bjork

More like Big Worm...... Fuck that, bad childhood memories 😦.

Speaking of which, this gives me another reason to give my weekly statement of, Farooq should've been WWF champion.

I wish there was tape of his promo from a show I went to in Anaheim in 1997. He was anti every race, it was so good. He had people super riled up. I don't even remember if he won the match or not.

thefro

Honestly, I never really saw them as heels as a kid because they were so cool. I'd have to go back to see myself.

WCW was different since most of their crowds would boo "cool heels" like Jericho. nWo depended on the town I guess, but a majority of the crowd booed them most of the time except for the stretch where they were really hot.

Definitely a more marky crowd than attitude-era WWF.

klonere

Banned
I wish there was tape of his promo from a show I went to in Anaheim in 1997. He was anti every race, it was so good. He had people super riled up. I don't even remember if he won the match or not.

Well that's what happens you get stuck with Ahmed Johnson for like a year and then some guy called The Rock comes in and steals your thunder.

Those kind of seem similar.

NO NO I AM NOT LIKE YOU I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE. SETH GOT A B+!!!!!!!

Dude is the most underrated character or than Goldust of that post new generation era. He knew how to draw heat like a motherfucker and you know what makes it even better? He played his role TOO real. Coming from a black home, the way he spoke and whipped his boys into shape was authentic as hell. Vince failed by not capitalizing on his hear with the crowd. He could've been the most hated guy with the title, only thing is, this was when the crowd still really believed so..... It may have been too risky(the hate, etc, etc).

Also, do you remember what month the show was?

Best storyline of all time though. Even better than the Megapowers.

Pity it came to such a sticky end.

EDIT: Well, maybe not best but definitely most ambitious.

Ehhh, best is a huge reach.

Except for the part where he didn't wrestle for a year.

It's more in that him carrying that gimmick forward as a more regular sting just kind of pulls it down a bit. Even in that Starrcade match the moment he gets all yippy and does the splash it just kind of dragged down his luster. Having the ring fill with wrestlers, while i loved it as a kid, now looks like a bad move in terms of keeping up his aura.

bjork

Also, do you remember what month the show was?

WWF @ Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond - June 28, 1997 (9,400; 8,400 paid)

Rockabilly pinned Flash Funk with the Shake, Rattle, & Roll neckbreaker

Farooq & Kama defeated Blackjack Windham & Blackjack Bradshaw when Kama pinned Barry Windham

Ken Shamrock defeated Jim Neidhart via submission with the ankle lock

Sable won a swimsuit contest also including Sunny, Marlena, and Chyna

WWF IC Champion Owen Hart & WWF European Champion Davey Boy Smith defeated the Legion of Doom and Henry & Phinneas Godwinn when Owen pinned Phinneas after hitting him with his own slop bucket

Vader pinned Goldust when Goldust failed an attempted bodyslam

Mankind defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley via disqualification when Chyna interfered

WWF World Champion the Undertaker defeated Bret Hart and Steve Austin by pinning Hart with the chokeslam (Hart's in-ring return from injury after being out 2 months)

WCW was different since most of their crowds would boo "cool heels" like Jericho. nWo depended on the town I guess, but a majority of the crowd booed them most of the time except for the stretch where they were really hot.

Definitely a more marky crowd than attitude-era WWF.
I never really had the whole, "I don't like him because he's a bad guy" thing as a kid. I liked people who looked cool and I played with on the games lol. While everyone liked Sting, I remember surfer sting and always thought he was a clown so it stuck with me and I didn't care much for him.

Just like Stone Cold, I didn't really like him tbh. Everyone in the room went for him while I went for the other guy.

Man, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to live 95-2002. Those were the glory ole days.

WWF @ Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond - June 28, 1997 (9,400; 8,400 paid)

Rockabilly pinned Flash Funk with the Shake, Rattle, & Roll neckbreaker

Farooq & Kama defeated Blackjack Windham & Blackjack Bradshaw when Kama pinned Barry Windham

Ken Shamrock defeated Jim Neidhart via submission with the ankle lock

Sable won a swimsuit contest also including Sunny, Marlena, and Chyna

WWF IC Champion Owen Hart & WWF European Champion Davey Boy Smith defeated the Legion of Doom and Henry & Phinneas Godwinn when Owen pinned Phinneas after hitting him with his own slop bucket

Vader pinned Goldust when Goldust failed an attempted bodyslam

Mankind defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley via disqualification when Chyna interfered

WWF World Champion the Undertaker defeated Bret Hart and Steve Austin by pinning Hart with the chokeslam (Hart's in-ring return from injury after being out 2 months)
Yep, I was going to ask if that was the one. Maybe I can find footage of it.

bjork

I haven't seen any non-RAW show in probably a decade, but do they still do the thing where they bring someone in from the crowd and have them be a ring announcer? If not, they should bring that back.

holy smokes, you really can find everything on the internet.
If you look hard enough, you can find the meeting they had discussing Brody's run in for WM I

I haven't seen any non-RAW show in probably a decade, but do they still do the thing where they bring someone in from the crowd and have them be a ring announcer? If not, they should bring that back.
The last three I've been to, not at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No. This is not correct. He is kept on for his legal ability and has been a great fit.

Yup he's resetting, which should be good. Also got his first tattoo!

I mean, I can't say I remember which of the many podcasts Meltzer does it was when he said this, but do you have any proof?

Top Bottom