• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Hello, friends, I just got back from participating in the pop culture event known as Captain America: Civil War.

That Bob Backlund-Darren Young team up is as great as it sounded.

kAYqlXA.png

TheBear

I have not watched smackdown for a very long time. Has the canned crowd noise always been so egregious? I found it humourous that they piped boos in for Roman, guess they can't bullshit everyone

Aiii

So not worth it
Been a while since they fired a bunch of folks. The Impact Zone needed an influx of talentless hacks, so that's good.

Browny

Banned
Been a while since they fired a bunch of folks. The Impact Zone needed an influx of talentless hacks, so that's good.

After entering a few names into the Wrestling Name Generator, it looks like we could see some amazing debuts from Socio Punk (Michael McGillicutty), Tom Pestock (Bo Dallas), Major Striker (Adam Rose) and Bad Goldberg Gimmick (Ryback).

Man, that's a shit generator.

Also Smackdown tapings barely draw flies in a lot of cities nowadays. It's been a modern day Thunder for years now.
Yeah usually there's one side usually blacked the hell off. The last one we went to, the down stage left was blacked. The one I went to 6 years ago though was packed. Different cities but funny results.

Real wrasslers go out on their backs Blue.
Your mention of "real wrasslers" makes me think of every time Bret says it lol.

The Usos are like The Rock n Roll Express, in that if you've seen one RnR match you've seen them all - but, frankly, Jimmy & Jay are no Ricky & Robert.

Fox318

That's what sandow gets for being over.

If he really cared about his career he would have been related to the rock.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really like how strong they made Ryder look on Raw. The tease of him winning really got the crowd in to the match at the end. Even though I knew Rusev would win, it still got on my feet at home. They need to use Ryder like this a lot more. Even if they won't give him a big win, tease it. Let him come close. Really gets the crowd in to it.

Also, why does Sandow always have to get eliminated from these things so early? Goddamn it.

Zach

Val Venis was integral in making The Attitude Era what it was: absolute trash. Who the h cares what that Trash Era mid-card has-been has to say?

P.S. #MakeMenomeLookStrong

jmdajr

Can they finally fire Hornswaggle? That dude has it better than that cryme time dude...who's name escapes me right now.

R. truth and Zack gonna keep riding it brother!

Menome

My threat to the world: If Sandow gets released, I will relay blow-by-blow recounts of TNA if he joins there and start gimmick-posting as an Elias Samson superfan.

I can't believe I'm asking this, I feel like I should know, but can someone ELI5 the NWA?

I always thought the NWA was a promotion much like WWF, WCW, SMW, Stampede, Crockett, etc but it seems like it was an association? All these feds were under the brand, but just territories? If this is so, how was there an NWA champ? Or was it that in the late 80s to combat the WWF the NWA feds merged?

Top Bottom