• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Who's excited about the new Radiohead album? All of you? Sweet.

Shoot time: Everything Radiohead has done after OK Computer has been absolutely awful. And every time I listen to their more recent albums to give them another chance, I get more and more confident in my beliefs.

Ithil

Man I used really be into music. It was YUUUUUGE for me. Now I spend the time listening to NPR and Podcasts on the radio. Fuck I'm old.

I didn't even go buy the new Amon Amarth album. You know, because that's was REAL fans do. And stuff.

There's a new Amon Amarth album? Away I go.

Cagey

Banned
This morning was the first time I ever heard a Radiohead song.

That new one, whatever it's called.

I am more confused now about their popularity than I was before. I just assumed they were metal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's super fucking rare that I listen to any music. Always has been. The only time I did a decent amount of it is late high school and early college.

I listen to a ton of audiobooks though. Like...two a week if I can manage. Podcasts too, it's rare I even turn NPR on anymore when I can get the shows I really enjoy in pod form earlier or at the same time they air.

Zach

What kind of music do you like, Cagey? Maybe we can recommend a song or two by Radiohead if you're interested.

Cagey

Banned
Haha... that's great.

The people and friends I know that have liked Radiohead were all into metal and hard rock as their genres of choice.

What kind of music do you like, Cagey? Maybe we can recommend a song or two by Radiohead if you're interested.

Various subgenres of hip-hop and EDM.

I didn't hate what I heard, just was damn confused at the acclaim given what I said above. I didn't figure those people to listen to that kind of music heh.

EDIT: if anything, that Daydreaming song sounded at home on the SiriusXM Chill station for downtempo electronica.

Menome

...I buy about 30-40 new albums a year, let alone however many back-catalogue releases I pick up. Got a collection of nearing on 1,000 CDs.

I just can't imagine not listening to music regularly.

Barrett tweeted that he's done. We knew he was leaving, but I really liked him. Huge victim of poorly timed injuries and bad booking.

Zach

...I buy about 30-40 new albums a year, let alone however many back-catalogue releases I pick up. Got a collection of nearing on 1,000 CDs.

Old people buy CDs.

I buy CDs.

It has to be Sandow.

I will lose my mind if Zack Ryder gets released.

I am expecting:

Damien Sandow
The Ascension
Ryback
Darren Young
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Mark Henry
Tyson Kidd

The last two being what sets the Internet off.

EDIT: Should add I expect Kidd and Henry's releases to come with matching retirement statements.

jmdajr

I probably have that many. But I stopped buying them a few years ago. Just a hobby I can't justify spending money on anymore. Same with movies. I don't have to own them. Seeing them once in the theater is fine..
Exception being animated movies for my kid. Also down to just a handful of games a year.

Hex

Banned
I am expecting:

Damien Sandow
The Ascension
Darren Young
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Mark Henry
Tyson Kidd

They won't release Tyson A) he was injured in their ring and B) Natty and the family.
He will always have a place, even if it is as a trainer.
Bo has the family hook also, but he may be pulled from tv for a while and same with Axel though he is not quite as locked as Bo.
Henry they will let ride out to retirement.

They won't release Tyson A) he was injured in their ring and B) Natty and the family.
He will always have a place, even if it is as a trainer.
Bo has the family hook also, but he may be pulled from tv for a while and same with Axel though he is not quite as locked as Bo.
Henry they will let ride out to retirement.

I think they may "release" him but yeah, they will likely retain him as a trainer. I don't expect him back in the ring as an active performer.

I think they may "release" him but yeah, they will likely retain him as a trainer. I don't expect him back in the ring as an active performer.
If TJ came back, he would never be able to get on the top ropes again but luckily he's a good ground guy too. Do I see him getting back into the ring? I think it depends on him and he wants to get back there. But if he did, I believe it would be something like a Mania match and he'd retire then become a trainer.

It would be hilarious if Darren Young got released after the whole "Make Darren Young Great Again" shtick.

Sandow is so gone and that's definitely gonna piss people off.

Oh fuck, this made me think of one other potential release that would definitely rattle the internets

Itami

I don't think WWE regularly released guys on the injured list. Itami has taken an amazingly long time to heal if I'm not mistaken though. I feel like if he's released it is because he's finished as an active competitor.

Top Bottom