• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Tom Nook

Sandow-Magneto.gif

Why WWE? WHY? :(

Sandow is a good worker and can make any character you give him work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, I'm laughing my ass off at some of the comments. Nobody of value was lost, that includes Dutch imo.

Dutch deserves a legends contract and should help push to get some of his Puerto Rico footage up on the Network if he can, or be a middleman to make it happen. Lots of crazy shit down there.

Dutch is a legend.

Big weekend for independent wrestling this weekend.

Friday, May 6:

AAWrestling's Take No Prisoners 2016 in Merrionette Park, IL
  • AAW Championship Match: Sami Callihan vs. Tommaso Ciampa
  • Pentagon Jr vs. Fenix
  • Michael Elgin vs. Juice Robinson
  • The Hooligans & Buck Nasty vs. Detective Dan Barry & Chuck Taylor & Colt Cabana
  • Candice LeRae vs. Jessicka Havok
  • Silas Young vs. Donovan Dijak
  • Heidi Loveless vs. Kimber Lee
  • AAW Tag Team Champions Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett vs. AAW Heritage Champion AR Fox & Moose
AAWrestling's pretty good about putting shows up on VOD quickly, and they even put up that Periscope video of Pentagon Jr. vs. Chris Hero last year. With Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix, this becomes a pretty a hot show.

latest

Evolve 60 in Joppa, MD
  • Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
  • EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match: Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams (c) vs. TJ Perkins & Fred Yehi
  • Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page
  • Johnny Gargano vs. Marty Scurll
  • Lio Rush vs. Caleb Konley
  • Matt Riddle vs. Anthony Nese
  • The Bravado Brothers vs. The Devastation Corporation
On iPPV and later VOD, I'd hesitate to get this show only because Evolve and WWN don't always have great luck when they're running in a venue for the first time. And this is their first show in Joppa, MD. Hero vs. Sabre should be great, as should Gargano vs. Scrull. Lio Rush vs. Konley should be an interesting match. I don't like the Bravados, but it should be a good showcase for the Devastation Corporation.

lafes16_final_candidate1.jpg

Chikara Live at First Energy Stadium '16
  • Dasher Hatfield vs. Proletariat Boar of of Moldova
  • Thunderfrog vs. Hallowicked
  • Team Sea Stars vs. Los Ice Creams
  • Fire Ant vs. Officer Warren Barksdale
Nothing says independent wrestling like wrestling after a minor league baseball game. I wonder if this gets recorded and put up on VOD by SmartMark.

Saturday, May 7:
Evolve 61 in Queens, NY
  • WWE Global Cruiserweight Series Qualifier: Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams
  • WWE Global Cruiserweight Series Qualifier: TJP vs. Fred Yehi
  • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Marty Scurll
  • Matt Riddle vs. Lio Rush
  • The Bravado Brothers vs. Milk Chocolate
  • Ethan Page vs. Chris Dickinson
The better Evolve show this weekend, I'll probably catch this on iPPV if I don't go see it live. Gulak vs. Williams should be very good, and I'm curious about TJP vs. Yehi even if I've been cool on TJP. Sabre vs. Scurrll has very high expectations, but Riddle vs. Rush is the dark horse match of the card.

WhisperHouse.jpg

Chikara Whisper House
  • Princess Kimberlee vs. Jaka
  • N_R_G vs. Juan Francisco and Prakash Sabar
  • Silver Ant vs. Frightmare
  • The Batiri vs. The United Nations
  • Hallowicked vs. Soldier Ant

TheDistantFuture.jpg

Chikara The Distant Future
  • The Infinite Gauntlet match (#1 Contenders Battle Royale, 2 Participants start in the ring, and every 88 Seconds, another competitor enters. You can be eliminated by being thrown over the Top Rope or by getting pinned.)
  • Osirian Portal vs. Mathieu St. Jacques and Thomas Dubois
  • Officer Warren Barksdale vs. Argus
  • Team Sea Stars vs. Orange Cassidy and Swamp Monster
It's a day-night doubleheader for Chikara. I believe that Snitsky is involved in the battle royale in the evening show.

Sunday, May 8:
ROH Global Wars, Chicago IL
  • ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) w/Taeler Hendrix vs. Colt Cabana
  • ROH World Tag Team Championship match: War Machine (Raymond Rowe and Hanson) (c) vs. The Briscoes (Mark and Jay Briscoe)
  • ROH World Television Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Bobby Fish
  • Michael Elgin and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada w/Gedo and Moose w/Stokely Hathaway
  • Kyle O'Reilly vs. Tetsuya Naito
  • Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Matt Sydal, and KUSHIDA vs. The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) and Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)
  • Jushin "Thunder" Liger and Cheeseburger vs. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian)
  • Preshow match: Kelly Klein vs. Crazy Mary Dobson
Live on PPV and iPPV and available later on VOD, this could be a really fun show. Ishii vs. Fish should be great, and O'Reilly vs. Naito is a surprising match. You have the spot fest in the eight man tag, and the Elgin/Tanahashi vs. Okada/Moose tag match should be very good.
A+ post. In it's spirit, Freelance Wrestling are streaming a show for free tonight at http://www.freelancewrestling.com/

ChtHhW-WkAAO3du.jpg:small

Release wise, Wade's the only one I'll miss.

XenoRaven

Sandow sucked. He was boring as hell in the ring and will not be missed by anyone with a brain.
Me no brain how post

I enjoy Sandow in bursts, but I have doubts about his ability to remain funny and interesting for long periods of time with the same gimmick. So you'd constantly have to find new funny things for him to do and try to fit them in. On top of that, joke characters seem to be kind of fading away. There was never really a replacement for Santino, and most other comedy dudes have been cut.

Still, I'm going to miss him. I think he worked hard, tried hard, loved what he did, and turned some really bad gimmicks into something entertaining.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sandow should absolutely be gone. He spent a lot of WWE's money in developmental and couldn't get the job done. He'd had plenty of chances.

Sephzilla

I don't see how you can say Sandow dropped the ball when he got over multiple times. He did everything asked of him. It was creative that failed him.

I also want to suggest the idea that he's the biggest victim of a Cena burial.

I don't see how you can say Sandow dropped the ball when he got over multiple times. He did everything asked of him. It was creative that failed him.

Remember when the blowoff for 6 month long Miz break up was losing a battle royal to The Big Show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Terrible post and ideas when Wade Barrett exists, and Cena doesn't bury people.

He'll be a star over there, good for him
if he can collect the money they'll owe him
Dude is probably set for life. I'd take a break and rest before going anywhere at the moment. Definitely wouldn't go to TNA just yet until they get their shit together.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How is that Battlefield 1 thread so big?

I'm psyched to play.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sad to see Sandow go but cant blame the WWE really. He got a lot more looks and chances than most guys who fail do, just never really worked out.

Haruko

Top Bottom