• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Menome

Life is empty.
The road ahead seems endless.
Happiness is a void.
Sandow's gone but not Mendes.

Pop-quiz: My thoughts or one of The Drifter's heartfelt songs? Hope he gets to play guitar again on NXT this week.

Watching last night's Smackdown... I'm amazed at how ridiculously good Jericho keeps getting. And Miz killed it too. Are there any good past Jericho heel runs I should be aware of?

Watching last night's Smackdown... I'm amazed at how ridiculously good Jericho keeps getting. And Miz killed it too. Are there any good past Jericho heel runs I should be aware of?

2008 (I think) Jericho is him at his peak. Check out his matches with HBK from that era, particularly the ladder match.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

His run leading up to becoming the first undisputed champion (its still pretty nuts to think they had him beating both Rock and Austin in the same night) and then being champ was fun... while it lasted. That WM match with HHH is still ugh.

The silver lining is no more RAGE!
As for Sandow, I don't know if he can increase his value in places like ROH or NJPW. Would love to be proven wrong, but he's not an amazing in-ring worker and I don't know if his character can get as over or if he can use it at all.

Kaladin

Botchamania finally broke Michael Cole for me by showing him reading lines on camera during Wrestlemania after Shane's elbow drop of doom.

Enzo getting hurt is probably the best thing that could've happened to him and the Vaudevillains. Cass gets pops as the big man trying to avenge his little buddy, the Vaudevillains get heat as the guys that put him on the shelf, Enzo gets a monster face pop when he comes back. Everyone wins.
After the whole Daniel Bryan situation, trying to spin a concussion as being a good thing is real fucking stupid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh come on guys, don't be pedantic and pretend to not know what Bronx-Man obviously meant. Its disengenuous as hell.

Fox318

I wouldn't put Micheal Cole in the top 1000 announcers in wrestling history. And I dont think there have been 1000 all together.
Here is the problem with Cole: Name me his top called segments or top matches?

He stays silent during segments because Vince cares about his scripts and his matches...

I mean he might have 1 with Brock vs Eddie but that's it.

And him shooting on the company when Bryan retired.

Enzo getting hurt is probably the best thing that could've happened to him and the Vaudevillains. Cass gets pops as the big man trying to avenge his little buddy, the Vaudevillains get heat as the guys that put him on the shelf, Enzo gets a monster face pop when he comes back. Everyone wins.

"Best thing" is a bit much. But I've really liked how Cass has handled things solo. And the Vaudevillains certainly got themselves some serious heat. But then again, if you need to give another wrestler a concussion to get heat, that's probably not a sustainable game plan. Hopefully once is all that's necessary.

Imagine if Sandow's last televised match had been against Nakamura.

Fucking Alex Riley...

SAY IT TO HIS FACE!

Don't really get upset about wrestlers getting released, but Sandow hurt. Could (arguably should) be an upper mid-carder at the moment.

It was all downhill once he lost to Cena, for whatever reason.

Help please. There were gifs in the last year is like to find or at least the wrestler.

It was a European or British guy, small stature, and was good at getting out of holds in interesting ways like spinning on his head and stepping through opponents arms to break handholds.

I'd agree well except the real life concussion part. Someone smart enough in creative should've went down this path with a fake Enzo injury, getting Big Cass some mic time and revenge, and the Vaudevillians gloating about what they did. Hopefully on Raw they retaliate and jump Big Cass to show they are still a threat 2 vs 1. And of course to end with a big pop for Enzo's return.

Help please. There were gifs in the last year is like to find or at least the wrestler.

It was a European or British guy, small stature, and was good at getting out of holds in interesting ways like spinning on his head and stepping through opponents arms to break handholds.

So, probably anybody from World of Sport

Kuroyume

Banned
tumblr_mwcbc3PyDE1t0ik4co1_400.gif

tumblr_noiqkjBtSS1saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_nxondiui9P1ukvlcpo1_500.gif

tumblr_n68ukpQgzo1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nnitghZDrs1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Here is the problem with Cole: Name me his top called segments or top matches?

He stays silent during segments because Vince cares about his scripts and his matches...

I mean he might have 1 with Brock vs Eddie but that's it.

And him shooting on the company when Bryan retired.

His best work is on Smackdown with Taz apparently. I've never seen much of that era.

Kaladin

As far as Sandow goes......he's another example of comedy wrestlers who rely on crowd interaction (or reaction) not working with WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My assumption is that Sandow was "over" by virtue of fans believing he wouldn't get pushed and then cheering him ironically. I don't get what his deal was supposed to be otherwise. He was a comedy jobber.

Kaladin

The problem with comedy wrestlers in the WWE is that they rely on live crowd reaction and WWE trains their performers to perform for the cameras and mostly ignore the crowd there. Huge conflict in working styles.

Top Bottom