• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

tumblr_mwcbc3PyDE1t0ik4co1_400.gif

tumblr_noiqkjBtSS1saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_nxondiui9P1ukvlcpo1_500.gif

tumblr_n68ukpQgzo1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nnitghZDrs1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Any video for the last one?

tinders

So I'm marathoning Lucha Underground S1. Really digging everything about it.

Then Hernandez shows up and ruins every segment he's involved in (which seems to be half the damn show). I've never seen his LAX stuff so I have no residual bias, but I just don't like the guy, and he doesn't seem to fit LU at all.

Can someone reassure me that he doesn't stick around for too long?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm marathoning Lucha Underground S1. Really digging everything about it.

Then Hernandez shows up and ruins every segment he's involved in (which seems to be half the damn show). I've never seen his LAX stuff so I have no residual bias, but I just don't like the guy, and he doesn't seem to fit LU at all.

Can someone reassure me that he doesn't stick around for too long?
He's there for a while on season 1, but he's gone in Season 2

T_Exige

... but that NXT promo where Alex Riley said he was going to destroy Nakamura ...

Ryder treatment or not, he is still on tv, means he is getting paid.
Sandow was decoration for UpUpDownDown!

Aiii

So not worth it
It's weird that the best thing Cameron ever did was bring Vinny on Total Divas.

When even your boyfriend overshadows you on reality TV, you know you just don't have it.

Striker

... but that NXT promo where Alex Riley said he was going to destroy Nakamura ...

Ryder treatment or not, he is still on tv, means he is getting paid.
Sandow was decoration for UpUpDownDown!
He hasn't been TV or anything notable since 2012 though. It's like they are giving him time now is because... well, who really knows? He has been a jobber for years. Winning the IC title is nice for him but they had zero build for the guy.

It's like the WWF gave the IC title in the early 90's (when it meant something and not every person on the roster had won it like nowadays) to someone like the Brooklyn Brawler or Barry Horowitz won the strap. But really, the prestige of that belt is shot; it doesn't matter anymore.

bjork

It really is a shame that every time these guys get released, there isn't an alternative competitor they could go wrestle for.

bjork

Harvey Whipleman is the unsung star of WWF. Big Bertha, horrible reffing, and going on a double date with Mark.

I can never see him the same after that tuxedo match with Fink. Rolling around in his panties, it was so sexist and such an objectification of men!

I liked him because he had Adam Bomb

I can never see him the same after that tuxedo match with Fink. Rolling around in his panties, it was so sexist and such an objectification of men!

I liked him because he had Adam Bomb
Oh shit Bjork, why'd you have to remind me of that?When I watched Fink and Chimmel in the Tuxedo match, I said, "Damn, they're making Fink the king of this shit."

Also,he had the most smooth voice compared to other managers.

Fucking 🤕💀

But let's talk about how Adam Bomb is/was Bryan's best character. They failed to capitalize on how menacing and awesome he was. He was supposed to get the title but I think The Kliq had their way with that one. Then they did the worst by turning him face even though he got some cool Adam atomic bomb footballs.

Most people may prefer him as Wrath though but Adam Bomb was cool. They both have something in common, not being in video games they were supposed to be in but you could supposedly hack him in both.

bjork

I could never envision a WWF with him as champ. Not even mid-90s with King Mabel and whatnot. Not that he didn't have the capability, but he would've had to get a repackage unless it was purely as a transitional thing.

Plus they had an article/interview in a WWF magazine where he talks about having never lifted weights because the radiation on three-mile island is what made him grow. So close to the steroid stuff, seems iffy. Even if that article was of course silly stuff like the whole magazine.

I could never envision a WWF with him as champ. Not even mid-90s with King Mabel and whatnot. Not that he didn't have the capability, but he would've had to get a repackage unless it was purely as a transitional thing.

Plus they had an article/interview in a WWF magazine where he talks about having never lifted weights because the radiation on three-mile island is what made him grow. So close to the steroid stuff, seems iffy. Even if that article was of course silly stuff like the whole magazine.
Sorry, not the main title but the IC title. I don't think Vince was looking that far especially with Yoko, Bret, and Lex being his guys at the time.

Bryan didn't fit the exact "steroid guy" description but he was on something but thay statement is one of the best I've ever heard.

It was a very good Evolve 60, my gripes about booking four matches with brawling on the outside notwithstanding. Hero vs. Sabre was terrific, the Bravados weren't terrible, and the Catch Point tag math was brisk. Gargano vs. Scurll was very good too.

I wonder if Kane had more than one suit or pulled a Vader and wears the same thing every night. It took him a long time to get another colour. 2 years.

I was listening to the Lapsed Fan podcast about Wrestlemania X7 and they said that the ending to the Rock vs Stone Cold match was pretty bad. What is everyone take on how the match ended? I personally thought it was pretty good, but they did make me think about it more.

I was listening to the Lapsed Fan podcast about Wrestlemania X7 and they said that the ending to the Rock vs Stone Cold match was pretty bad. What is everyone take on how the match ended? I personally thought it was pretty good, but they did make me think about it more.
The reason why most people say it's bad is because "it killed the business." To be honest, they blrw their load too quick imo. WM 16 Rock should've went over period. Singles or fatal 4 way. When they did the McMahon ending for 17, while it was shocking it felt cheap when you look at the year before.

Hex

Banned
I don't know how anyone could watch that and think that Sandow wasn't genuinely loved by the crowd at that point.

It does not matter.
I do not know how anyone could watch that and see that it was not a dead end.
He rode the wave off of the previous storyline, but his interaction with Axel was just stupid whether the fans liked it or not.
Sandow as Sandow had nothing to offer, he would have been able to give one more promo without resorting into kindergarden tactics again and he was no gem in the ring.

The reason why most people say it's bad is because "it killed the business." To be honest, they blrw their load too quick imo. WM 16 Rock should've went over period. Singles or fatal 4 way. When they did the McMahon ending for 17, while it was shocking it felt cheap when you look at the year before.

That is what I was starting to think about.

Gonna try to make it to Starrcade 95 today.

It got ridiculous with Rock kicking out of all that shit but I forgive it because it's the peak of a legit Once in a Lifetime feud.

That is what I was starting to think about.
You can hear Cornette talk about it a lot even though not many care for his opinion but he brings up good points. But at the same time, that was the end of an era match.

Look at all of the haters getting their 5 minutes of fame in. But JTG with the rope burn.

Gonna try to make it to Starrcade 95 today.

It got ridiculous with Rock kicking out of all that shit but I forgive it because it's the peak of a legit Once in a Lifetime feud.
Austin and Rock were two guys who were always kicking out of crazy shot together. I say that started what we have so much of today and it sucks.

Rocky v Angle. Oh shit! Angle better hide.

Top Bottom