• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

RIP bean breath

Wok6q3L.gif

Xater

I just saw the Bryan news and in my current state this breaks my heart again. Poor guy, but he should really take care of himself even if that means no longer wrestling. I love to see him in the ring but I also don't want to see him die in there. He trained people in the past so maybe that is something he can do within the organization.

And here I thought you guys would be supportive. I try to do something nice for one of my favorite wrestlers, and just because she happens to be female and I make a joking comment everyone thinks...

...why the hell am I trying to explain myself. This is WrassleGAF.

Dude, I get it. I don't know if she is into Sailor Moon, but I guess you picked it up for good reason. She will probably appreciate it. The guys in her are just trying to be too cool for school.

I recommend you check out Heel's AGDQ speed run of Shovel Knight instead. Some good knowledge about WMAC masters was dropped.

Heel did a AGDQ run? I need to see that. Does anyone have a link?

Heel

Just checked the Twitch VODs. We broke the world record speedrun for The Jackbox Party Pack by 28 frames. Congrats all.

Hasney

I got a Tournament of Death with Ian Rotten? Now I know how those people who got Wrestlemanias 28 & 29 felt to review, except I won't pussy out.

Just gotta hope he (literally) gets knocked out early.

. Tournament of Death V - reviewer: Serpentine
Nick Gage vs Brandon Prophet vs Andy Sumner - Barbed Wire Ropes & Light Tubes Deathmatch
JC Bailey vs Lobo vs Drake Younger - Light Tubes & Barbed Wire Spider Web Deathmatch
Brain Damage vs Toby Klein vs Necro Butcher - Barbed Wire Ropes, Fans Bring the Weapons Deathmatch
Zandig vs DJ Hyde vs Danny Havoc - Barbed Wire Ropes, Barbed Wire Boards & Panes of Glass Deathmatch

i've never seen CZW or any of these dudes wrestle (except for Necro Butcher vs. The Ram) so this should be great. looking forward to seeing Zandig and Younger for the first time

Aiii

So not worth it
So, hearing John Cena being called "the most polarizing figure in WWE history" again...

Who is actually the most polarizing figure in WWE history? Chris Benoit? Triple H? Kevin Nash? Vince Russo? HBK? Ultimate Warrior?

Browny

Banned
So, hearing John Cena being called "the most polarizing figure in WWE history" again...

Who is actually the most polarizing figure in WWE history? Chris Benoit? Triple H? Kevin Nash? Vince Russo? HBK? Ultimate Warrior?

You know, if that was an actual WWE website question, the answer would be obvious:

5aFZHyV.gif

Recall

So Elimination Chamber returning as a network exclusive show on May 31st sounds like a decent attempt at gaining attention of new subscribers.

I could totally see them airing more house shows as network "exclusives" if this all world as intended.

Nice, did you visit any distilleries? I'm a sucker for a good scotch.

Actually, I visited a bar that (I think) was a converted church. I can't remember the name of it (or much else). Had some lovely ale and Scotch, but feeling pretty horrific right now.

What did I miss? Did Bryan retire?

. Tournament of Death VIII - reviewer: FlammableD
Nick Gage vs Deranged - No-Ropes, Flaming Barbed Wire Deathmatch
Brain Damage vs Jon Moxley - Dining Room Deathmatch
Toby Klein vs WHACKS - Barbed Wire Boards & Light Tube Bundles Deathmatch
Dysfunction vs Danny Havoc - Panes of Glass Deathmatch
Drake Younger vs Scotty Vortekz vs xOMGx - Thumbtack Kickpads Deathmatch
DJ Hyde vs Thumbtack Jack - Jack in the Box Deathmatch
Hmm, not bad. Some Ambrose and a Dining Room Deathmatch, sounds fun.

EDIT: Wait, shit, there's some Jimmy Havoc in that tournament list!

EDIT: Wait, shit, there's some Jimmy Havoc in that tournament list!

Hah, yeah, I was kinda hoping you'd get that one - I don't have TOD10 in my collection, for some reason, so I had to include the CZW vs wXw deathmatch tournament from that year. Jimmy has a pretty brutal match with MASADA. I think that was the first time I saw Jimmy wrestle, actually.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is the EC network event a full 3 hour ppv, or is it just the EC match?

They didn't even know they were going to do this until a few days ago, your guess is as good as theirs.

Given how they decided to do a KOTR tournament on a wim, I'd reckon it'll be the EC match and a couple of undercard matches for a two hour event, but again, your guess is as good as mine.

kiguel182

Between Reigns, Kane in the spotlight, Orton, Bryan "retiring" my empathy towards Raw keeps growing. I didn't watch Extreme Rules and the following Raw but I kinda missed the memes and gifs. I guess that's the best reason to watch right now.

At this point I'll watch WWE if I need some background noise since they can't be beat on that front.

Hah, yeah, I was kinda hoping you'd get that one - I don't have TOD10 in my collection, for some reason, so I had to include the CZW vs wXw deathmatch tournament from that year. Jimmy has a pretty brutal match with MASADA. I think that was the first time I saw Jimmy wrestle, actually.

I haven't got to see much of his deathmatch work, bar a FUCK AWFUL match with Iceman from 10 years ago I complained about a while ago. I'm going to go try find that post to quote. EDIT: Ha! Funny enough, it was in the last ultraviolent thread:
So in keeping with the thread title, I found this in a YouTube hole:

Iceman vs Jimmy Havoc 200 Lightubes Deathmatch

About 18 minutes in, Iceman gets kicked in the head and lies motionless for 3 minutes while they get the doctors in...

For a comedy spot where he gets fed a McRib then Hulks up and does a Warrior rope shake. In a deathmatch.
Turns out it wasn't 10 years ago, it was 2012! I only assumed because of Iceman and Jimmy looking like a child. It was in wXw too.

I'll have to check that tournament out once the reviews go up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly kiguel, I watched last weeks show and really enjoyed it.

But this week, there was nothing there. I skipped through it, watched Cena vs. Neville, skipped through parts of Daniel Bryan giving pretty much the exact same speech as last year this time and moved on. The main event angle saw Ambrose standing tall to a nice pop, that was fun, but he's never getting a title or a push coming out of this, so meh.

WWE right now is just barely watchable. It's not even bad, it's just mind numbingly boring to watch.

kiguel182

Honestly kiguel, I watched last weeks show and really enjoyed it.

But this week, there was nothing there. I skipped through it, watched Cena vs. Neville, skipped through parts of Daniel Bryan giving pretty much the exact same speech as last year this time and moved on. The main event angle saw Ambrose standing tall to a nice pop, that was fun, but he's never getting a title or a push coming out of this, so meh.

WWE right now is just barely watchable. It's not even bad, it's just mind numbingly boring to watch.

Last week was better I agree. Zayn's "debut" was a blast and Ambrose had a nice little arc.

It's just boring. It's not even bad enough to be entertaining. Watching Orton vs Rollins for like the third time in such a short period of time is not entertaining. And nothing really important happens. It's three hours of nothing.

Things will probably pick up when Lesnar returns for SummerSlam but until then I really have no reason to tune in.

Hasney

They didn't even know they were going to do this until a few days ago, your guess is as good as theirs.

Given how they decided to do a KOTR tournament on a wim, I'd reckon it'll be the EC match and a couple of undercard matches for a two hour event, but again, your guess is as good as mine.

December to Dismember 2015

Between Reigns, Kane in the spotlight, Orton, Bryan "retiring" my empathy towards Raw keeps growing. I didn't watch Extreme Rules and the following Raw but I kinda missed the memes and gifs. I guess that's the best reason to watch right now.

At this point I'll watch WWE if I need some background noise since they can't be beat on that front.

Wait do you understand and share the same feelings as Monday Night Raw or is that a typo?

Alucard

Banned
I thought it was fun. Editing was spotty, and a bit too many jokes than I would've liked. Action showed an improvement. A better overall package to me than Avengers 1.

Cool. Need to re-watch the first one. Found this one to be messy and overdone with too many moving parts and stories to the point that there was very little to latch onto by the end.

Top Bottom