• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

I think Rusev has the skill to maintain a solid upper mid-card / main event level persona after his feud with Cena. Guy is just a natural talent.

Striker

They did two PPV's in a month for years now. Like in 2011, there was Night of Champions on Sept 18th, and Hell in a Cell was two weeks later. Three weeks after that was Vengeance. They did that same sequence in 2010.

There's just so many gimmick matches now. All to add some sort of accolade, or whatever.

Kaladin

I honestly think Elimination Chamber was a last minute booking in reaction to Bryan dropping the belt.

They found out about Bryan last Friday, and apparently many people backstage were surprised by the PPV announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything but the IC Title EC is just going through the motions to justify the expense of converting a house show into a full PPV.

They did two PPV's in a month for years now. Like in 2011, there was Night of Champions on Sept 18th, and Hell in a Cell was two weeks later. Three weeks after that was Vengeance. They did that same sequence in 2010.

You're right. They did.

It ended 3 or 4 years ago because it sucked and everyone knew it sucked. Bringing it back and saying "but it'll cost $30 less each time now" won't make it not suck now.

darkbanjo

I don't get the hate for shows like King of the Ring and Elimination Chamber coming out of nowhere. Gimmick pay-per-views like that don't work when you try shoehorn stories around them during the build. Who care's if there is only a couple of weeks between Payback and EC? All the business that really needs to be done is who are the challengers for the titles inside the Chamber, and what matches are going to flesh out the card. I really like the idea of Network exclusive shows that are based more around competitive matches than SHOCKING STORYLINES.

jmdajr

I honestly think Elimination Chamber was a last minute booking in reaction to Bryan dropping the belt.

They found out about Bryan last Friday, and apparently many people backstage were surprised by the PPV announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything but the IC Title EC is just going through the motions to justify the expense of converting a house show into a full PPV.

Chorpus Christi of all places. How in the fuck?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the hate for shows like King of the Ring and Elimination Chamber coming out of nowhere. Gimmick pay-per-views like that don't work when you try shoehorn stories around them during the build. Who care's if there is only a couple of weeks between Payback and EC? All the business that really needs to be done is who are the challengers for the titles inside the Chamber, and what matches are going to flesh out the card. I really like the idea of Network exclusive shows that are based more around competitive matches than SHOCKING STORYLINES.

Yeah. I mean, I'll take it - definitely. Fuck it. Let's do this.

klonere

Banned
Raw:

- Boring open
- Rollins has no hope. He is beyond a paper champ, HHH made him look like a child out there. Not digging this title reign even if Rollins is doing everything that is asked of him very well.
- Already forgotten what happens in between till the Cena/Neville match
- Kicking out of the AA seems to be the way they want to heat up these matches
- Neville is fantastic but I see him falling off the card very fast
- The Ziggler/Barrett/Neville/Sheamus vortex is stale
- New Day/Uppercats is stale, even if Cesaro pulls something more ridiculous out of the hat in ring every week.
- Uppercats need something. New Day are carrying the feud outside the ring.
- Sandow has gone straight into the garbage. Genuinely the first guy I've seen completely fucked up after a promising run since I started watching. Sad.
- Commentary reaches new lows every week
- DQ main event UGHUJIAPS;HDFIASODJHIAOSJP;I

jmdajr

Should have announced after Payback. It's not like Rollins was gonna lose, but now it's even more obvious.

Now we need EC to make sure he doesn't win!

King of the Ring I'm fine with because that was a tournament and wasn't 3 hours.

Chorpus Christi of all places. How in the fuck?

I'm surprised they don't go there for PPVs more often. Do your worst and they still won't have the strength to boo. Vince's Paradise.

jmdajr

Fans clamor for KotR and EC.

WWE delivers KotR and EC.

Fans complain.

Hrm.

I was wondering how they could just announce this randomly but I see now it's a Network Exclusive. Not on cable.

I wonder what else they will bring back.

In Your House?

darkbanjo

I was wondering how they could just announce this randomly but I see now it's a Network Exclusive. Not on cable.

I wonder what else they will bring back.

In Your House?

I feel like they're only now starting to experiment with how flexible the Network is as a platform. It's cool.

jred2k

Fans complain.

Hrm.

When the Network started, fans wanted house shows to be televised. Now they televise house shows and the complaint is that there is no build. Who cares, it's going to be a couple hours of decent matches and is just adding value to your $9.99. The only thing that sucks about this is that they chose Corpus Christi as the place to hold it.

Hasney

Fans complain.

Hrm.

Do you have evidence to say the same people both asked for it and complained, or is it another case of negative voices being louder? I always hate these sentiments assuming a whole bunch of people that wanted it are now shitting on it.

Personally, not immensely interested but I am curious. I'll wait for the post-match buzz as if there's a title change, it could spark interest in any future events like this. They should have done the EC for the Elimination Chamber if it's vacant though, might have watched that.

EDIT: Fuck, I read everything wrong. WWE title being defended but not in the structure. The IC belt IS in the structure. Cool, might give it a watch.

I think the problem is that ISEC is basically a rogue terrorist cell with an unclear vision, as opposed to a solid organization with a concrete mission statement.

jmdajr

I wanted a KOTR that actually leads to something and an EC match with blood

Blood??

If Brock isn't in it you're out of luck.

edit:

The anticipated, must-see WWE Elimination Chamber event will emanate from Corpus Christi, Texas, where the WWE Tag Team Championships and the newly vacant Intercontinental Championship will be defended inside the infamous structure. Plus, U.S. Champion John Cena will compete and the WWE World Heavyweight Title will be defended, all live on WWE Network.

So there will be in a match just not in the Cell. Gotta avoid them injuries.

This is cool. Version 2.0 should have a cameo role too.

999b58f57a84ac3740b24d109a4b2b6a6409a2df.jpg

jred2k

Can the New Day use Freebird rules during a 2/3 Falls match? It would be great if the four that start the match all knock each other out then either Kofi or Xavier comes in to steal a pin.

I didn't think that Lord Tensei was that bad an idea on paper but it was clear from the first match that it was dead on arrival, that attire was such a miss.
And then I also had no expectations for Rusev on the main roster and well, he actually had a good run, it'll all be over in a week mind you unless Cena is feeling generous.

WWE network preying on my enjoyment of fast food entertainment match types that are multi man punch ups with the Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank double whammy.
Just book the anticipated title match of the Rollins/Kane saga at Elimination Chamber and watch one whole network subscription roll in.

Fox318

Can the New Day use Freebird rules during a 2/3 Falls match? It would be great if the four that start the match all knock each other out then either Kofi or Xavier comes in to steal a pin.

They mentioned Freebird rules in commentary before.

Fox318

Fans complain.

Hrm.

The way they delivered King of theRIng is stupid if the only point is to put a fucking cape on Barrett.

They should have had King of the Ring matches for a month or even 2 months.

Have matches on the network, Raw, and Smackdown so there is a reason to watch and each match has some consequences.

Plus did you fucking see those terrible R-Truth promos?

Fans complain.

Hrm.

In addition to the legit replies people have already made to this, I'll add on that the irony of a Bryan fan complaining about fans shortly after Bryan's fate was sealed because of the fans is delicious.

Top Bottom