• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Browny

Banned
Possibly the greatest summing up of an event ever from Stro.

Edit: New Kanyon Cutter

1626%20-%20Diamond_Cutter%20Kanyon%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20thunder%20wcw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least I know the Tournament of Death I got assigned won't be more insane than that show.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vince McMahon to be inducted into Boys & Girls Clubs of America 25th Annual Hall of Fame

ATLANTA — This evening, top athletes, entertainers and business leaders will be inducted into Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) Alumni Hall of Fame. Since its inception more than 100 years ago, BGCA has provided kids of all backgrounds with the opportunity to grow and realize their dreams. To celebrate the accomplishments of former Boys & Girls Club members, BGCA annually recognizes distinguished alumni during the organization’s annual National Conference, being held in Chicago in 2015. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Alumni Hall of Fame program, as well as the year the organization changed its name from Boys Club of America to Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

The event, hosted by Courtney B. Vance, honors alumni who have gone on to make major contributions in their fields, from sports to entertainment to business. Their stories are very different, but all started out the same — with the life-changing programs, caring staff and fun, safe environment of a local Boys & Girls Club. The BGCA Alumni Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees include the following: WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, three-time Grammy Award-nominated singer/producer/actor Trey Songz, fashion and music consultant for FOX’s hit drama “Empire” and Business Executive Monique Mosley, NFL Hall of Famer Andre Reed, world-renown violinist Earl Carlyss, President and CEO of the Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. Larry Young, two-time Oscar nominated costumer designer Ruth E. Carter, leading opera singer Denyce Graves and Professional Golfer on the PGA Tour Robert Gamez.

“Ensuring today’s youth have the encouragement and inspiration they need to pursue their dreams is at the core of our organization, and the Class of 2015 Alumni Hall of Fame inductees all showcase how a local Boys & Girls Club can be a critical element to ensuring a great future,” said Jim Clark, president and CEO of BGCA. “We are honored to have such exemplary inductees join the other prestigious members of the Boys & Girls Club of America Alumni Hall of Fame in its 25th year.”

The Elizabeth City Boys & Girls Club provided McMahon with a sense of belonging and a vision of what is possible, both of which were lacking in his home environment. He looked up to Club staff, who mentored and cared about kids. The feeling that somebody cared about him meant the world. Meeting other kids and teens from all walks of life showed McMahon there was a whole world of possibilities out there beyond what he knew. Since those early days, McMahon has become one of the most well-known pioneers in the entertainment industry, catapulting the WWE brand from a small, regional wrestling promotion to a global, family-friendly entertainment brand with television programming in 650 million homes in more than 175 countries and 35 languages. Today, WWE is one of the most recognized brands in the world with nearly half a billion social media followers. McMahon continues to carry forward the experience he had at The Club by supporting numerous programs and partners to help make a positive impact in the lives of children and families around the world.

What on Earth is a Boys & Girls club?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I meant, what does a girls & boys club do?

Is it like cub scouts?

Dunno, but it doesn't sound like it's as involved or structured, but still helps out kids. I know Vince was abused as a kid so apparently they stepped into his life in some form.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dunno, but it doesn't sound like it's as involved or structured, but still helps out kids. I know Vince was abused as a kid so apparently they stepped into his life in some form.

Yeah, website isn't helping much either, I guess they just finance and organize a bunch of programs and stuff that involves youth.

Either way, it's nice for them to induct him.

https://www.facebook.com/PuroresuSp...89144446097/10153353975981098/?type=1&theater

[W-1 News] Seiya Sanada addressed his current situation as well as his future.

Sanada has been signed to a double affiliation contract to both WRESTLE-1 in Japan and TNA in the USA. But as of April his contract with TNA has expired and his contract with W-1 will be expiring with W-1 on May 15th. He stated that after all this that his intentions were “half-hearted” and he is not proud in anyway of the outcome. He believed that he had the best opportunity given to him with the TNA contract, but that turned out to not be the case.

Sanada stated that once his contract is up with W-1 that he will become an official freelance wrestler as it seems that his work in the USA is not done as well. He wishes to continue concentrating in competing overseas. That is why he is becoming freelancer from W-1 because he does not want a fully active presence in Japan right now when he is overseas. No reason to lead the fans on if he is not there.

Currently Sanada is tied in connection to Jeff Jarrett’s GFW promotion, but WWE was also brought up in which Sanada said if there was a possibility that he would accept the opportunity. Sanada thanked his fans for all the support throughout the years and he hopes they continue to do so while he aims to build towards his future as a professional wrestler.

11242550_10153353975981098_580686544261727634_n.jpg

Boys and Girls Club is best described as an after school club for kids. Gives them things to do after school. Games, arts and crafts, tutoring, etc

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see Sanada in WWE at all. Not that I don't think he'd be just fine, I just don't see him going there.

Marvel

could never
Reading stro's review before dinner was a stupid fucking thing to do haha. Why the fuck would you zoom in on it... ugh.

Someone throws a hat or something at him.

This is such a great review by stro, lol SMOOV's commentary sounds hilarious too.

klonere

Banned
stros review:

1386796356538.jpg

excellent read though. laughed quite a few times. humanity does not deserve any succor when it is our time to be judged.

Marvel

could never
stro's review was great. but who in the fuck would want to perform in these matches and why do people pay to see them :( :(

The worst part is these guys get paid literally nothing to mutilate themselves and others. Like if you're gonna do this shit at least make bank. But they can't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro reminding us why we all fell in love with him when he burst on the scene. Enjoyable reading.

Xater

God damn that review. It will be quite something seeing all of these shitty show reviewed here. I don't know if that something is good or bad.

Update on my situation: I think my anger changed from "Why did this have to end?" to "Why did I waste 3.5 years on her?". Not sure if that's good either.

Sorry, I meant, what does a girls & boys club do?

Is it like cub scouts?
It's like an after school/day care/YMCA for kids... helps them stay out of trouble, with their homework, stuff like that. I never knew Vince was a big proponent of the B&G Club, that's pretty cool. Denzel Washington and JLo have mentioned how their local Clubs were integral in their lives.

tm24

As someone whos done work for Boys and girls clubs, theyre pretty great, especially in lower income neighborhoods

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince McMahon, Nintendo is bringing back the Nintendo World Championships next month F.Y.I.

Perhaps his Boys and Girls Club needs a little Nintendo in its lives.

God damn that review. It will be quite something seeing all of these shitty show reviewed here. I don't know if that something is good or bad.

Update on my situation: I think my anger changed from "Why did this have to end?" to "Why did I waste 3.5 years on her?". Not sure if that's good either.

Not a waste. You have learned things about yourself, and others. Mostly yourself. Absolutely not a waste at all. You've changed and grown as a person, guaranteed.

Marvel

could never
Dr. Sunny.

Lurks backstage and gives relationship advice to talent, and when they laugh it off he turns on the old 1999 walkman on the hip, plays 90's romance songs and beats the shit out of you.

I dont want to say this in the gaming side, because I will get banned faster than I can hit submit, but why do people still go crazy over Nintendo? I don't get it.

Who is their target audience, and I find it hard for anyone in their late 20's to 30's to find anything they do interesting. Its still seems like a company appealing to a 12 year old.

I dont understand the fan fare.

Top Bottom