• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dont want to say this in the gaming side, because I will get banned faster than I can hit submit, but why do people still go crazy over Nintendo? I don't get it.

Who is their target audience, and I find it hard for anyone in their late 20's to 30's to find anything they do interesting. Its still seems like a company appealing to a 12 year old.

I dont understand the fan fare.

It's largely just online, there's certain people who grew up with Nintendo and they encourage people to over-obsess about everything that appeals to a certain...group of people. So it's extremely vocal, but it's not significant.

Hasney

I dont want to say this in the gaming side, because I will get banned faster than I can hit submit, but why do people still go crazy over Nintendo? I don't get it.

Who is their target audience, and I find it hard for anyone in their late 20's to 30's to find anything they do interesting. Its still seems like a company appealing to a 12 year old.

Great gameplay, as simple as that.

You are posting that in a wrestling thread where WWE aims for the same demographic though, so it's alright.

jmdajr

Some people never grow out of being a fanboy of certain things. We are all guilty. Personally, I haven't been a Nintendo mark since the SNES era. They still make solid games though, but they don't get me excited.

I can enjoy them without going nuts and I move on to whatever platform offers me the games I want to play. Simple as that.

Marvel

could never
Fucking Kane man

VgNfaeX.gif

Alucard

Banned

Zelda and Mario are forever rad, man.

Raw64life

This statement fits pro wrestling just as much, if not more so, than it fits Nintendo.

Marvel

could never
Not a fan of a lot of Nintendo stuff myself, though I do like smash. I really must buy another wii u for it. Haven't played it since the first.

RP912

Banned

I guess it's the "its still real to me" type of thing with fans of Nintendo. I enjoy a Ninty game every so often, but not on the magnitude of some fans. For instance, Splatoon I don't understand the hype. It just reminds me of De Blob, but with different characters.

XenoRaven

ya man nintendo 4 kidz

Sephzilla

Mario games are games that can be enjoyed by pretty much any age bracket, and they're extremely well polished games.

Zelda, though, I'm starting to not understand why people still get hyped up over them. Zelda games have been spiraling the "same old shit" bowl for a while now while Mario actually tries some new shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You probably are, but anger is a strong feeling.

Well, I understand where you're coming from. That's 3.5 years you could have spent with someone else building something. But here's the big thing.

That doesn't mean a damn thing.

You probably wouldn't have found "the one" in that time. You probably wouldn't have learned about yourself in that much time. You could have had your heart broken apart many many times in 3.5 years by different people by getting the wrong one. Be glad, even if it's just a tiny bit, that you ARE able to learn from this about yourself, and who you actually are. There's a whole area of investing in yourself and other people can help facilitate that, but furthering who you are and figuring out who you are and what you want from people is something most people can never pursue doing. This sucks. It's shitty. But it's also going to make you a better person because you'll know more about yourself, and that's honestly hugely valuable.

Not a waste. Just not the ending you wanted. You will get up and try again and it'll be easy, not hard to do. It will just happen.

Yours,

Single Sunflower

Verendus

Banned
No DANIEL

NOOOOOOOO

Okay.

We ready for a surprise return at the Royal Rumble 2016. All good things come in threes. It's fact. You achieve a positive feat three times, it's called a hat trick. Royal Rumble 2014, and 2015 backfired, so 2016 will set things right.

I'm all about that third Brotista Royal Rumble win. Time for things to go as they were destined.

jmdajr

Super Metroid is one of the best games I ever played/enjoyed. Give me more of that and maybe I get hype.

Now I can't even get Castlevania to get my fix. It needs a fucking kickstarter.

edit:

porylcekqmdbdpykeyfh.gif

RP912

Banned
The only Metroid game I actually enjoyed was Fusion. Metroid Prime is the runner up.

I'm awaiting for my HD version of Clockwork Knight.

I guess it's the "its still real to me" type of thing with fans of Nintendo. I enjoy a Ninty game every so often, but not on the magnitude of some fans. For instance, Splatoon I don't understand the hype. It just reminds me of De Blob, but with different characters.

Admit it RP, this comparison basically goes as far as involving colourful paint.
I remember when WWE was like de Blob, minus the funky music.
SD_0205013_201.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Reigns body is not ready.

#reggiestronk #dabodi #muscles #Nintendolife #Strrongstyle
Don't insult the emperor like this. Reigns is going to carry WWE for the foreseeable future. All on his big, strong, balee dat back.

The only thing Reggie is carrying is a coffin. Maybe that's why his posture is so bad.

Sephzilla

Fuck no. Not with that difficulty.

*Shrug*

I kind of think the difficulty of the Souls games have been blown out of proportion a bit. The game will bury you if you fuck up but if you're patient the games are not bad at all. Well except Dark Souls 2, that game goes full on bullshit at times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
every art school indie developer and his vegan roommate are making a metriodvania so i can't see how you'd be wanting for more

RP912

Banned
Don't insult the emperor like this. Reigns is going to carry WWE for the foreseeable future. All on his big, strong, balee dat back.

The only thing Reggie is carrying is a coffin. Maybe that's why his posture is so bad.

Reggie catching more wins with the Wii U than Reigns after the Rumble. #fact

Admit it RP, this comparison basically goes as far as involving colourful paint.
I remember when WWE was like de Blob, minus the funky music.
SD_0205013_201.jpg

WWE had a weird fetish for paint around that time.

Verendus

Banned
Reggie catching more wins with the Wii U than Reigns after the Rumble. #fact
This is bullshit.

Don't try and Yamcha Roman Reigns. He's Roman Reigns, goddamnit.

Edit:

Putting your name on the list. By 2016, you will be a firm believer in balee dat. It is written.

Xater

Well, I understand where you're coming from. That's 3.5 years you could have spent with someone else building something. But here's the big thing.

That doesn't mean a damn thing.

You probably wouldn't have found "the one" in that time. You probably wouldn't have learned about yourself in that much time. You could have had your heart broken apart many many times in 3.5 years by different people by getting the wrong one. Be glad, even if it's just a tiny bit, that you ARE able to learn from this about yourself, and who you actually are. There's a whole area of investing in yourself and other people can help facilitate that, but furthering who you are and figuring out who you are and what you want from people is something most people can never pursue doing. This sucks. It's shitty. But it's also going to make you a better person because you'll know more about yourself, and that's honestly hugely valuable.

Not a waste. Just not the ending you wanted. You will get up and try again and it'll be easy, not hard to do. It will just happen.

Yours,

Single Sunflower

That...was genuinely helpful. Thanks Sunny.

*Shrug*

I kind of think the difficulty of the Souls games have been blown out of proportion a bit. The game will bury you if you fuck up but if you're patient the games are not bad at all. Well except Dark Souls 2, that game goes full on bullshit at times.
Pretty much, they're challenging games that will punish you for mistakes but not full on brutality like some make them out to be.
But yeah DS2 "difficulty" is bit like this weeks Raw ending right down to a big guy standing close by as you get ganged up on by multiple foes.

WWE had a weird fetish for paint around that time.
Probably because it's the kid friendly version of fake poop coverage.
Ignoring Cena using that trick around the same time.

Xater

Things I wouldn't believe I'd say 5 months ago
  • I don't really miss Daniel Bryan
    [*]Roman Reigns is legitimately improving
  • Dolph Ziggler needs to stop pretending he's the next big thing and actually become it

Roman was always going to improve. I never doubted that. They just really rushed things with him. What they were trying to do basically came a year too early.

Verendus

Banned
  • Roman Reigns is legitimately improving
  • Dolph Ziggler needs to stop pretending he's the next big thing and actually become it
Also, I'm glad wrestling is a non stop factory for gifs.
Roman is already getting Robocop on his side. You know the last time Robocop was one someone's side?

Sting. What is Sting? Aside from being fat?

A legend. That's exactly what Roman Reigns is going to be. The day is going to come when all of WrassleGAF is going to be excited for Roman. But seriously, everyone should stop calling Sting fat. He's in his 50s, and in better shape than 95% of wrestling fans.

I've tallied up RomanGAF now, and I think I have about five or six members. That's not bad really. We're up from one this time last year. Considering the uptake, I imagine we could be hitting a solid 45 or 46 by the time Wrestlemania 32 rolls around. I'm being conservative though, since that's how I'm forecasting these days. Therefore, this means it could very well be about 60-70.

RP912

Banned
Reigns could be Stone Cold tier if the WWE allows him to be a butthole like he comes off during interviews.A heel Reigns is whats needed during this slump the WWE is going through because of Bryne being on the shelf :(.

• Roman Reigns is legitimately improving
Also, I'm glad wrestling is a non stop factory for gifs.
I don't think I would really care if Ziggler decides to leave, nothing about him stands out anymore besides his cartoonish selling and maybe his shitty hair as Marvel pointed out. Give his spot to someone else and see what they could do with it.

Verendus

Banned
Reigns hate is passe. Time to move on!
RomanGAF reaches 7.

Ain't no stopping this train.

I'm being a little liberal with the membership. If you don't hate the man, I imagine you're part of his empire. Even Rome had bystanders in its heyday who weren't actively involved in affairs. We have to think about it realistically.

Sephzilla

I would have saved Roman's Rumble win and WM main event for WM32, let Brock keep the title at this years WM, and then build up a fucking huge WM32 main event. As for WM31? I would have gone full crazy and booked Rusev vs Brock as the main event.

Top Bottom