• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

1ST FULL GFW CARD ANNOUNCED

Jun 12, Jackson TN
Tate Twins (Brent and Brandon) v Best Friends (Chuck Taylor/Trent Baretta)
Lei’D Tapa v Thea Trinidad
Sonjay Dutt v Jamin Olivencia
George T. Murdoch v Moose
Chris Masters v Dustin Star
Bullet Club v New Heavenly Bodies
REFEREES: Chris Sharpe and Will Gibson
***Special Guest: Jim Cornette***
Brodus Clay vs Moose lmao
So what did ya'll think of Fury Road?

Amazing. Loved it.

Kaladin

6/13 in in Knoxville, TN at Smokies Park:
*Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The New Heavenly Bodies.
*Sonjay Dutt & Chase Owens vs. Jamin Olivencia & Jason Kincaid.
*Chris Adonis (Masters) vs. Devin Driscoll.
*The Tate Twins, Brent and Brandon Tate vs. The Best Friends, Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad.
*George T. Murdoch (Tyrus aka Brodus Clay) vs. Moose.
Also appearing will be Jim Cornette.

Friday 6/20 in Jackson, MS at Trustmark Park:
*Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Adonis (Masters)
*The Hot Shots (Cassidy Riley & Chase Stevens) vs. Andrew Everett & PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
*Sonjay Dutt vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Jigsaw
*Chuck Taylor vs. Cliff Compton.
*Luke Hawx vs. Luke Gallows.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Also appearing will be Scott Hall.

Saturday 6/21 in Bowling Green, KY at Bowling Green Ballpark:
*Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Adonis (Masters)
*The Young Bucks vs. Andrew Everett & PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
Sonjay Dutt vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Jigsaw
*Chuck Taylor vs. Cliff Compton.
*Luke Hawx vs. Luke Gallows.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Also appearing will be Scott Hall.

Other GFW cards show Chris Masters is indeed the singles star of the promotion.

Kaladin

Anyone want a new Cena avatar?

CjKPIkr.jpg

Colocho

Banned
So um... Payback predictions?

- Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel vs. The Ascension

The Meta Powers seems like the easy pick

- The Bella Twins vs. Naomi and Tamina Snuka

The Bellas I guess...

- Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. The New Day (2-out-of-3 Falls match for Tag Team Championship)

This one could go either way, but I think they'll keep the belts on The New Day as they have been entertaining as fuck.

Neville vs. Bad News Barrett

Neville has been getting a tremendous push, so I expect him to win here.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus

Ziggler to win and getting his "payback" by making Sheamus kiss his ass by force

Rusev vs. John Cena (I Quit match for United States Championship)

I have a feeling Rusev gets the win here with some bullshit shenanigans (threatening to hit Lana, or to piss on the US flag, etc). To me it makes sense so you have Cena going back in the WWE title picture (ugh) and you give Rusev the chance at another strong feud.

Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt

Wyatt wins cause they can't keep burying him... or can they?

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Championship

We can't have a title chance on a lesser PPV right? Plus, the obvious addition of Ambrose to take the pin seems to support this theory.

Kaladin

TNA announced a live event for 9/17 in York, PA at the York Fair Grandstand. It will be the first live event for the company beyond PPVs and Impact tapings since 2014.

Advertised for the event are EC3, Jeff Hardy, Gail Kim, James Storm, Bobby Roode and Rockstar Spud.

Good sign for TNA?

DMczaf

I just found out my 8 year old niece is a WWE fan when she saw the WWE app on my phone. I immediately got scared I was just outed and tried to think of excuses for why it was on my phone.

That was a close one.

Kaladin

I just found out my 8 year old niece is a WWE fan when she saw the WWE app on my phone. I immediately got scared I was just outed and tried to think of excuses for why it was on my phone.

That was a close one.

This is why you bury the app in folders to keep prying eyes from seeing it.

They should be able to make an ok show out of all the wrestlers they have for GFW but those shows look awful. Surprised Chris Masters is positioned as their "star". He seems like a nice guy and is ok in the ring but dudes been mid card his whole career.

Aiii

So not worth it

That was a close one.

You're an adult, I think if you still need excuses to like the things you like you're in trouble.

Buy a wrestling shirt, wear it in public. Debate how much Cena sucks with your niece.

https://youtu.be/sl_JNTCNH2k

DMczaf

You're an adult, I think if you still need excuses to like the things you like you're in trouble.

Buy a wrestling shirt, wear it in public. Debate how much Cena sucks with your niece.

I.... I just can't do it. Give me a few more years

scabro

That was a close one.
just wait until she turns 10 and she starts openly ridiculing you for being a grown man who likes wrestling

Top Bottom