• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Sephzilla

When Cena eventually snaps Flair's record it should definitely have an asterisk next to it considering for a majority of Cena's career he wrestled for a company that had two world championships.

I told myself I would quit watching WWE after Sting lost to HHH.

Here I am working slowly but surely trying to stop watching the product...babysteps I guess. Cena beating Flairs record wouldn't make me lose sleep though. At the end of the day, legacy of a championship hasn't meant shit since Flair brought the NWA championship to Superstars.

Don't get worked into a shoot. Wrestling is fake/storylines are real

Im sorry man It makes me upset. I remember watching TBS on a Saturday afternoon in 1986 and saying my god, this is the greatest wrestler who ever lived. He was the total package.

Ric Flair is the most complete Wrestler in the history of the business.

Zach

I told myself I would quit watching WWE after Sting lost to HHH.

Here I am working slowly but surely trying to stop watching the product...babysteps I guess. Cena beating Flairs record wouldn't make me lose sleep though. At the end of the day, legacy of a championship hasn't meant shit since Flair brought the NWA championship to Superstars.

Don't get worked into a shoot. Wrestling is fake/storylines are real
Liquidsnake, why you so silly?

Edit: I didn't mean to quote you, innocent bystander, but I'm leaving it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nojw7yPkNr1rq9aato1_540.jpg

Dump and Marty reunited

Kaladin

He doesn't get booed out of the building every single night. Crowd reactions to him usually vary between either mixed reactions to negative. Majority positive responses are not what he gets that much anymore.

Even when the crowd reaction is negative, it's strong. And in wrestling terms any strong reaction is a good thing. If the crowd legit didn't like Cena, they would sit on their hands or try to hijack the show as they've done for other wrestlers.

The fact that they boo Cena as loudly as they do means he's doing something right. For the people that want to, Cena is hate-able. He's also very like-able for the people that want to like him.

The only time Cena will change is when he starts to get no reaction....and I don't see that happening.

somedevil

Some Samoa Joe news:

- Samoa Joe has lengthened the time he will take independent bookings through August. We had gotten word earlier in the week Joe was looking at getting dates in both July and August after first not taking them. He has just been announced for a major show on 8/1 for Northeast Wrestling at Dutchess Stadium in Wappingers Falls, NY, as well as a date the next nigh

Interesting. Though there is a rumor he has deal like Rhyno's where he can do Indies as well as NXT.

Plus also another Reddit Insider with be proved right or wrong on
Wednesday when he said that he will debut at the end of the pay per view.

Even when the crowd reaction is negative, it's strong. And in wrestling terms any strong reaction is a good thing. If the crowd legit didn't like Cena, they would sit on their hands or try to hijack the show as they've done for other wrestlers.

The fact that they boo Cena as loudly as they do means he's doing something right. For the people that want to, Cena is hate-able. He's also very like-able for the people that want to like him.

The only time Cena will change is when he starts to get no reaction....and I don't see that happening.

How many more years will I have to watch him?

klonere

Banned
Im sorry man It makes me upset. I remember watching TBS on a Saturday afternoon in 1986 and saying my god, this is the greatest wrestler who ever lived. He was the total package.

Man this like lighting up the Strobogo beacon right here

why'd have to be so bad at staying unbanned.

RP912

Banned

tumblr_me5bgtrdVR1rk5wnbo1_400.0.gif

Flair is good but I wouldn't say complete. When I think of a complete wrestler, I think of Lou Thez, Antonio Inoki, and even friggin Tully Blanchard. I never understood the Flair hype when most of his matches are predictable as hell. He's one of the best, but complete is a understatement.

Kaladin

Looking past the fact that he probably should have retired soon after HBK, I actually think Undertaker is the greatest of all time.

Greatest character arc, and unlike Flair he actually experimented with his character. He was unmatched in the ring in his prime, and the undefeated streak at Wrestlemania is an accolade that will never be duplicated.

Harley Race was more of a complete wrestler than Flair, I'd say. He had the promos, the wrestling ability and he was just as, if not more successful, than Flair as the touring NWA champion. Flair had more of a flamboyant personality for sure, but I think in addition to that part of why he's remembered so well is that a lot of his work is so easily accessible. And yeah, I'd take Terry Funk over Flair as well.

Sephzilla

Looking past the fact that he probably should have retired soon after HBK, I actually think Undertaker is the greatest of all time.

Greatest character arc, and unlike Flair he actually experimented with his character. He was unmatched in the ring in his prime, and the undefeated streak at Wrestlemania is an accolade that will never be duplicated.

Taker is absolutely one of the all time greats, I don't know if I'd put him as the GOAT however he's absolutely the GOAT big man in wrestling history. I actually think Austin might be the greatest wrestler of all time, to be honest. Excellent on the mic, was a surprisingly great ring technician before his neck injury, had great storytelling ability, and his WWE character was a good one that evolved over time. And, while not really his choice, he didn't stick around too long like Flair did.

Heel

Harley Race was more of a complete wrestler than Flair, I'd say. He had the promos, the wrestling ability and he was just as, if not more successful, than Flair as the touring NWA champion. Flair had more of a flamboyant personality for sure, but I think in addition to that part of why he's remembered so well is that a lot of his work is so easily accessible. And yeah, I'd take Terry Funk over Flair as well.

Who is Harley Race?

Scheduled for Raw:
Steph back
Bray in action
Naomi vs Nikki
US Open Challenge
New Day vs Kiddsaro rematch with Xavier banned from ringside

WWE.com also implying both members of a team have to share a pod in the EC tag match

Guzim

Scheduled for Raw:
Steph back
Bray in action
Naomi vs Nikki
US Open Challenge

WWE.com also implying both members of a team have to share a pod in the EC tag match

Xavier will come out, and the ref will think that there are 2 Kofis.

klonere

Banned
Scheduled for Raw:
Steph back
Bray in action
Naomi vs Nikki
US Open Challenge

JESUS CHRIST

can you NOT run this fucking feud into the ground. this is exactly the same thing that happened after ER. holy fucking shit FUCK

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What retro games did you purchase during your shopping trip?
I needed some cables that I was missing so I picked up an a/v cable for the NES, and a power cable and component cable for the PS2. I got the NES working after a while but my PS2 controllers don't work so that's one more thing I need to buy now.

Nose Master

Slept on New Day for too long. Their match with Cesaro/Kidd put everything else last night to shame.

Botchamania guy is gonna have to do a Payback special to fit in everything from last night, though. Jesus.

Kaladin

Unpopular Opinion Time:

WWE is actually in a good place right now and it will only get better. We've got new faces at the top of the card and a very promising next generation in developmental or new to the roster.

It will only get better from here my friends. Give it 5 - 10 years and WWE will have another golden age.

Top Bottom