• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Bootaaay did you see TAKA being a better Suzuki-gun booker than Jado?

Yep, that whole MiSu Produce show looks like a lot of fun - really wish TAKA was quicker with the DVD production though, going to be ages before we see it, unless NOAH film it. Incidentally, Kengo Mashimo needs another shot in New Japan or NOAH. Dude's underutilised in K-Dojo.

Yep, that whole MiSu Produce show looks like a lot of fun - really wish TAKA was quicker with the DVD production though, going to be ages before we see it, unless NOAH film it. Incidentally, Kengo Mashimo needs another shot in New Japan or NOAH. Dude's underutilised in K-Dojo.

Mashimo should definitely be in NOAH, there are a half dozen old guys there he could replace. His modern samurai gimmick is too similiar to Goto to work in New Japan, IMO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Pretty sure Kengo is going to AJPW
gokengo.png

That's why he got to work Go and slapped his hand away after the match and dropped the Strongest-K title to Hino a few weeks prior. Which would be best because I can't imagine a guy looking like that working AJ Styles or Okada.

What is Pancrase MISSION?

That was Suzuki's stable with Takaku Fuke when they returned to pro-wrestling, but now it's just used to denote affiliation for Suzuki and his trainees like Hikaru Sato. MiSu's technically an independent wrestler, despite wrestling mostly in New Japan (or NOAH this year).

Which would be best because I can't imagine a guy looking like that working AJ Styles or Okada.

Yeah, his little run against Nakamura didn't work out so well a few years back, and Nak was probably more suited to his style. Perhaps it's not a good fit for modern NJPW.

Barrage

Just finished watching Payback (PAYBACK SPOILERS)
-
-
-
Any New Day/ Tysaro match is pretty much required viewing right now. Fantastic tag wrestling.

Booking was questionable (pretty much every RAW moment between Rollins and Kane feels like kinda a waste after that finish), but Rollins inheriting the Pedigree was the right move, the SHIELD moment was great, and the match overall was a fun main event.

WWE is trying to fix it's issue of no midcard, which is gonna take some time. The problem with that is it means a lot of screwy finishes so both guys can look strong. It worked with Ryback/Wyatt, not so much with Barrett/Neville. But it's good to see the booking is cognisant of it.

Oh, and i'll just say it: Reigns is MONEY in the main event of a PPV. Every main event match he's had this year he's more than held his own. Dude's 29.Sky's the limit.

Well worth the (FREE) for the tag and main event alone.

Sabucin

Bravo!

In the future:

David otugna: “your honor, I cite in the case of goldberg v. Sid Vicious of Halloween havoc 1999, which set the precedent that during an I quit match, if one participant in an “I quit” match loses concious, the match can end.

Judge: “this precedent is nullified by the vince russo clause, instantly nullifying all decisions made under the authority of vince russo.”

Otugna: “your honor, I will also cite hart v. Austin of 1997, where under certified authority, one individual losing consciousness is grounds for a match ending.”

Judge: “the case you cite is a submission match, while having identical rules, is not applicable.”

Otunga: “so cena wins lol?”

Judge: “cena wins lol!”

Aiii

So not worth it
If WWE had seasons like a regular TV show.

What would make a great season cliffhanger?

"IT WAS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" *Austin shock face, fade to black*

Lingitiz

Those guys are so great together.

It also illustrated perfectly how much WWE needs to reshift its focus to their fresh faces instead of the old tired ones. Moving Cena out of the main event picture did wonders for Cena, too. But even now, everything in the main event that wasn't Randy Orton or Kane was GREAT.

Older talent has their place on the card, but it shouldn't be in the main event. Put them in the role that Cena has, he's elevating a midcard title and a bunch of midcarders in the process and he genuinely seems like he's having fun. Hell, even the crowd is on-board.

Anyways, point is, I want my Ambrose vs. Reigns vs. Rollins 3-month feud now please.

It feels like they're saving the inevitable three-way feud for a bigger PPV like Mania. With Brock returning for SS they could go for a Shield reunion in a fatal four way to destroy Brock but protect his booking. Then personal ambition gets in the way of the three of them and they destroy each other.

I agree that Randy should be phased out of the main event but I think he's been doing a good job. He definitely seems like he at least cares a lot more than he has in the past. Maybe put the IC belt on him and give him the title reign Bryan was supposed to have.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If WWE had seasons like a regular TV show.

What would make a great season cliffhanger?

"IT WAS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" *Austin shock face, fade to black*
Eddie Guerrero and Silhouette Man celebrating at Wrestlemania.

Mark Henry faking retirement and slamming Cena.

Sephzilla

As someone on gaming side pointed out, part of the 2k15 surge was probably due to there being both an old gen and next gen version of the game. 2k16 won't have that boost assuming its PS4/XB1 only

As someone on gaming side pointed out, part of the 2k15 surge was probably due to there being both an old gen and next gen version of the game. 2k16 won't have that boost assuming its PS4/XB1 only

I'm sure there will be a PS3/Xbox version. It would be too easy for them not to have one.

I wonder what the excuses will be for people in this thread buying the game this year?

"just wanted to see how bad it is, ya know?"
"i just like the creation stuff"
"gotta have my [INDY WRESTLER HERE] CAW bro"
"the gameplay is actually good, i swear!"
"man yukes for sure fixed this game up, it's been years already so they have experience with new gen hardware you'll see"

You know how people say there's a Sonic Cycle? I'd say that the WWE games have not only taken it over, but made it their own.

And that's a fucking shoot, friends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what the excuses will be for people in this thread buying the game this year?

"man yukes for sure fixed this game up, it's been years already so they have experience with new gen hardware you'll see"

You know how people say there's a Sonic Cycle? I'd say that the WWE games have not only taken it over, but made it their own.

No, Tony Hawk is the new Sonic cycle. No one has hype for a WWE game. 2k15 was the first time in years because of the 'oh 2k will work on it too and new graphics' bit and that was only for a month. People just buy WWE games because no one else is making wrestling games.

Where are the Cena defenders today?

"Hes got my respect"
"guys been putting in work for over a decade"
"his matches are pretty damn solid"
"Hes on the mount rushmore"]
"such a hard worker"

Another opponent gaining nothing from being in the ring with him. This is gross on all leveles, taking him out of the top spot for the WHC doesnt change the fact that he wins 92% of the time, and the other guy gains nothing.

Oh sure once in a while hell give that wow this guy is tough look like he did Neville.

Truth, he works with such great talent, they drag good matches out of him with his non ring athleticism, and his stupid wrestling repertoire. I honestly do not understand how this guys is still around.

I do not understand how the WWE ignores the fact that he gets booed out of the building ever single night. So I can hear him say wow what a lively bunch. This is what I love blah blah blah etc...........get over yourself man. Take your fancy clothes and your fancy silk underwear and get out of town man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klonere

Banned

"Hes got my respect"
"such a hard worker"

Another opponent gaining nothing from being in the ring with him. This is gross on all leveles, taking him out of the top spot for the WHC doesnt change the fact that he wins 92% of the time, and the other guy gains nothing.

Oh sure once in a while hell give that wow this guy is tough look like he did Neville.

Truth, he works with such great talent, they drag good matches out of him with his non ring athleticism, and his stupid wrestling repertoire. I honestly do not understand how this guys is still around.

I do not understand how the WWE ignores the fact that he gets booed out of the building ever single night.

The Rusev/Cena feud suffered the worst from stale rematch city that post WM has been. They had already had a match before WM and Cena was never beaten convincingly (cos lol Cena) so there was always zero heat, zero danger and zero consequence. They've had a best of 4 series for fuck sake, one at WM, what the hell were they meant to do when only one guy can win?

Stupid booking. I wonder who they are waiting for to feed to Cena to have Rusev be so buried like this.

He has been doing great work with the US title stuff and whoever does win it off him will hopefully be made, he's gotten great heat and respect for the title. That does speak to the man's ability.

Hasney

Nah, Sonic Cycle has optimism. WWE cycle is "it's shit but there's fuck all else for wrestling".

Will probably get it second hand for £15 at some point like the older ones. Hopefully no-one gets it for my birthday this year.

Fox318

"Hes got my respect"
"such a hard worker"

I do not understand how the WWE ignores the fact that he gets booed out of the building ever single night. So I can hear him say wow what a lively bunch. This is what I love blah blah blah etc...........get over yourself man. Take your fancy clothes and your fancy silk underwear and get out of town man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
merch sales
plus younger fan appeal and the hope that they will still be fans when they are teens (they won't)

Barrage

"Hes got my respect"
"such a hard worker"

I don't know your actual first name, but let's say it's Mark.

Mark, Cena is the most over wrestler in the company by a huuuge margin.He sells the most merch.

You think the crowd chanting "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks" means he should leave. It's the exact opposite.

When the crowd's chanting Let's go Rusev/Rusev Sucks,and IGNORING Cena, that's when it's time to change things.

Cena's put over more people at his level than any wrestler in the last twenty years. Not his fault they couldn't handle the role he's filled.

I'm gonna take work off the day Cena breaks Flair's record.

Sephzilla

I do not understand how the WWE ignores the fact that he gets booed out of the building ever single night.

He doesn't get booed out of the building every single night. Crowd reactions to him usually vary between either mixed reactions to negative. Majority positive responses are not what he gets that much anymore.

I don't know your actual first name, but let's say it's Mark.

Mark, Cena is the most over wrestler in the company by a huuuge margin.He sells the most merch.

You think the crowd chanting "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks" means he should leave. It's the exact opposite.

When the crowd's chanting Let's go Rusev/Rusev Sucks,and IGNORING Cena, that's when it's time to change things.

Cena's put over more people at his level than any wrestler in the last twenty years. Not his fault they couldn't handle the role he's filled.

I'm gonna take work off the day Cena breaks Flair's record.

That is the most blasphemous, and unworthy thing they will ever do. It will be a black mark on the industry, and there will be an * by Cena's name for ever. It would be 100% not recognized ala Barry Bonds. I will probably quit watching for ever when this happens.

Cena is not even in Flair's universe. I will not recognize it. Illegitimate!

RP912

Banned
I told myself I would quit watching WWE after Sting lost to HHH.

Here I am working slowly but surely trying to stop watching the product...babysteps I guess. Cena beating Flairs record wouldn't make me lose sleep though. At the end of the day, legacy of a championship hasn't meant shit since Flair brought the NWA championship to Superstars.

Don't get worked into a shoot. Wrestling is fake/storylines are real

Top Bottom