• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, yeah, that makes sense.

I wonder if they'll bring back the best King, King Bookaaah!

King Cuerno's English is amazing.

Also Galapagos Island is debuting tonight

King Cuerno is the coolest king. And he doesn't even have a crown. He just looks like a stately as fuck super villain king with his steroid henchmen.

and his deer head

tumblr_nohyx7D9zZ1sng9jbo1_500.gif

kirblar

Has anyone gone to TNA and gotten in better shape rather than the other way around.

You'd think they'd be abusing steroids or whatever but nope. Everyone just looks worse.
I'm pretty sure roids and such are a a part of why WWE isn't interested in the TNA-only guys. When you look at the builds of a lot of TNA guys, they look like they're straight out of the '90s in terms of size. The WWE guys currently, on the other hand, really do have more "normal" athletic builds nowadays, and there's a very noticeable difference between the look of the guys in the two promotions.

The whole thing with Chris Harris is something they probably think would happen again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finished up the Raw from this week and I have to say, the entire Lana leaves Rusev angle was fucking ridiculous. First of all, she was barely even doing her accent (she slipped out of it last week too in her interview as I recall, so maybe that's on purpose), the entire thing was such ridiculous soap opera acting, and I have no clue if there was supposed to be any background as to why she came out to pick up Ziggler.

It would have made way more sense for her to say he was a loser who wasn't fit to represent the Russian Federation. (I mean, he's not even Russian and she even mentioned for the first time in months that he was Bulgarian)

King Cuerno is the coolest king. And he doesn't even have a crown. He just looks like a stately as fuck super villain king with his steroid henchmen.

and his deer head
[/IMG]

I always figured the deer head was his crown. Who would you rather follow into battle, a guy wearing a golden circle or someone who loves killing so much that he makes headwear out of his victims.

Finished up the Raw from this week and I have to say, the entire Lana leaves Rusev angle was fucking ridiculous. First of all, she was barely even doing her accent (she slipped out of it last week too in her interview as I recall, so maybe that's on purpose), the entire thing was such ridiculous soap opera acting, and I have no clue if there was supposed to be any background as to why she came out to pick up Ziggler.

It would have made way more sense for her to say he was a loser who wasn't fit to represent the Russian Federation. (I mean, he's not even Russian and she even mentioned for the first time in months that he was Bulgarian)

It would be a great storyline if it set the stage for a Rusev face turn when he finally takes her back, but that, unfortunately, is probably not in the cards.

Ignoring the Hero body shaming I usually enjoy, this is really cool.

http://smash-wrestling.com/als/
Chris Hero's ALS Gauntlet Challenge
On June 7th, Chris Hero will take part in a gauntlet match with Smash Wrestling to raise money for ALS Canada. The length of time that Chris Hero will wrestle – even if pinned or submitted, will be determined by your donations!
The match starts at 20 minutes. Once we reach $500 it raises to 30 minutes.
$1,000 = 1 hour. $1,500 = 90 minutes. $2,000 = 2 hours and so on!

All who donate $10 or more are invited to come to the Cross Body Academy in Waterloo for an exclusive meet & greet with Chris Hero and to attend the match.
All donors will receive a digital download of the match before it is shared for free with the world.

Most importantly, your donation will 100% benefit ALS Canada and the incredible work that they do.
On behalf of Chris Hero, Dave Bullard, Smash Wrestling, Cross Body Pro Wrestling Academy and ALS Canada, thank you for your donation.

Pizoxuat

I hate what they did with Lana's characterization. She used to be in control and we never saw her lose control, it just happened.

That said, I think they are doing the "Lana is using Ziggler to make Rusev jealous so he'll admit he needs her" soap angle. She kept pointedly looking back towards the ramp while flirting with him, clearly waiting for something to happen. The slap and leaving with Ziggler was just to stoke the flames. She'll let Ziggler take all the beatings until turning on him when she gets what she wants from Rusev.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hate what they did with Lana's characterization. She used to be in control and we never saw her lose control, it just happened.

That said, I think they are doing the "Lana is using Ziggler to make Rusev jealous so he'll admit he needs her" soap angle. She kept pointedly looking back towards the ramp while flirting with him, clearly waiting for something to happen. The slap and leaving with Ziggler was just to stoke the flames. She'll let Ziggler take all the beatings until turning on him when she gets what she wants from Rusev.

The worst part was the Lana confronts Rusev scene where her accent started to fall off. Soooooo corny.

Aiii

So not worth it
Breeze's current gimmick will never work in the main shows, what are the crowds supposed to connect to? It's just as one dimensional as Adam Rose, Fandango, and such gimmicks are.

When he gets called up, I hope they drop the gimmick and give the guy a legit shot.

Kaladin

Breeze's current gimmick will never work in the main shows, what are the crowds supposed to connect to? It's just as one dimensional as Adam Rose, Fandango, and such gimmicks are.

When he gets called up, I hope they drop the gimmick and give the guy a legit shot.

They can make him a babyface at the start of his run where he does selfie shots with people around the ramp that gets members of the crowd on the titon tron.

That would get him over.

Then turn him heel and have him do the same thing he's doing now, only then it would be to spite the fans who wanted in the shot too.

Fox318

I'd pay to see Breeze before I'd pay to see Reigns.

kirblar

It's at least current and he can totally amp up the douche factor- but he HAS to amp it up. Otherwise he'll be crushed by the machine.

klonere

Banned
i love how NXT callups have to fight the company itself when they get called up

its probably their biggest concern.

EDIT: there is zero possibility that Breeze would have gotten his finisher booked like it is in NXT. zero.

Kaladin

i love how NXT callups have to fight the company itself when they get called up

its probably their biggest concern.

I actually think Sarah Del Rey being a Producer and Agent on the main roster will help with these call-ups.

That and since Vince saw the NXT event in San Jose, we've had great main roster debuts for Neville, Zayn and Owens.

KissVibes

Banned
10622853_833929973323235_3723790099083787218_n.jpg

I fucking love this gimmick. He should do this every Monday night.

Ryder did like the same shit AND HE GOT BURIED.

The one dude that forced WWE to actually get social and stop hating the internet is the most buried dude on earth. Fuck...the treatment of Zack Ryder makes me sad still.

Top Bottom