• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Sephzilla

actually i'm willing to replace the Razor's edge with the Blue Thunder Bomb in my top 5, that finisher is sweeeeeeet

I don't think something can qualify as a finisher if it never finishes off someone. As much as I fucking love the Blue Thunder Bomb, it's more a signature move than a finisher. Blue Thunder Bomb should be his finisher over the Helluva Kick though.

NoRéN

RKO is great when it's out of nowhere....and he can be inventive with it.

F5 is great because it's a move that has so much force behind it, even when it's early in the match.

I also love powerbomb finishers because they're a great visual as the person is laid out after.

I agree with all those. I especially enjoy sit down powerbombs. Cesaro's powerbomb(I guess more of a slam) he did on Kofi on Monday was great as well.

With all that said, are there such things as "finishers" nowadays? Seems like people kick out of them all the time.

Striker

The stunner is a fine move but it's diminished by the number of horrible selling job it got
The RKO is a fine move but it's diminished by the number of predictable spotfests it got

I love the Cutter, on the other hand. Maybe because it looks much more effective rather than the guy doing the move taking a big brunt of the impact by jumping in the air (unless it's off a springboard/aerial spot).

imBask

Banned
I don't think something can qualify as a finisher if it never finishes off someone. As much as I fucking love the Blue Thunder Bomb, it's more a signature move than a finisher. Blue Thunder Bomb should be his finisher over the Helluva Kick though.

agreed, I love both moves but the Blue Thunder Bomb has so much impact and swag-factor, it should be his protected finisher

Whilr i love the move Sweet Chin music is a terrible finisher, it just a super kick.

it's the only "pump up" superkick that actually lands most of the time

NoRéN

agreed, I love both moves but the Blue Thunder Bomb has so much impact and swag-factor, it should be his protected finisher

it's the only "pump up" superkick that actually lands most of the time

Blue Thunder Bomb has that special something. You see it happening and can just tell you are watching something special.

Sephzilla

lol, Sunny just tweeted me giving a shoutout to Disco Inferno's Chartbuster

Blue Thunder Bomb is probably the best looking move in wrestling today

Striker

Whilr i love the move Sweet Chin music is a terrible finisher, it just a super kick.
The constant finisher kickout shit aside, this is another problem for the WWE. Things like a DDT, powerbomb, and superkicks are common moves in guys movesets. Like a Luke Harper moveset.

Sephzilla

The constant finisher kickout shit aside, this is another problem for the WWE. Things like a DDT, powerbomb, and superkicks are common moves in guys movesets. Like a Luke Harper moveset.

WWE has a DragonBall Z-like escalation issue going on with moves. Powerbombs shouldn't be standard fucking moves.

Watch the ending of Savage vs Roberts and know why the DDT is the best WWF/WWE finisher of all time.

Yeah I actually feel bad for excluding Jake's DDT from my fav five

imBask

Banned
The DDT is one of those moves that could fuck someone's life up if used out of the ring.

Kids, Don't Try This.

the DDT isn't that bad, the double underhook DDT kills about a billion children every year in schoolyards though

anything double underhooked is fucking dangerous

Kaladin

anything double underhooked is fucking dangerous

Tiger Driver....fucking nasty.

tiger-driver-91-o.gif

jmdajr

The DDT is one of those moves that could fuck someone's life up if used out of the ring.

Kids, Don't Try This.

I did this once to an annoying cousin of mine on a BurgerKing playground as a kid.

He didn't like it too much.

No it wasn't pavement. It was like AstroTurf.

F5's great when either a shark or Michael Cole sell it

Cutter was great until DDP destroyed his back doing it and openly was in agony 2 of 3 Cutters into his surprise Rumble appearance

Sephzilla

The Rock was super theatrical and made boring moves look great

that's why he's the GOAT

And made great moves look like shit (see - the sharpshooter)

Rock has one of the more underrated DDTs ever though.

Edit - Cross posting my NXT predictions for tonight
PREDICTIONS
  • Balor defeats Breeze
  • Banks defeats Lynch
  • Brooke/Emma defeat Bailey/Charlotte
  • Enzo/Cass defeat Dubstep Cowboys
  • Owens defeats Zayn

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has anyone gone to TNA and gotten in better shape rather than the other way around.

You'd think they'd be abusing steroids or whatever but nope. Everyone just looks worse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Off-topic and I'm not going #downgrade because I like the game and liked the prequel a lot but compared to other console games on the same platform, Witcher 3 on PS4 is not that good looking. Besides the hair.

Why isn't the new face of fear in the Elimination Chamber? It's a good match fit for him. I know they want to save brahs for MiTB but this is better....

klonere

Banned
You know, Itami got junk earlier for not standing out in NXT until recently but at least he had that Tyler Breeze feud and you got to see him develop and get more and more personality

I feel like Finn has been all flash and no substance. Despite everyone being critical of Baron Corbin, I could levy the same complaint against Devitt in NXT. 'Look how cool this guy looks.' 'why is he cool?' '...Look at how cool he looks! PRESENCE! AURA!'

100% right, although his in ring has been serviceable enough to keep him going. All his backstage stuff, promos, interviews whatever have been incredibly underwhelming. He needs to channel his super laid back I don't give a fuck about anything side when he doesn't have the paint on. Cos right now he is a generic lowcard UFC fighter level of charisma on the mic

End of Days > Coup de Grace. End of Days at least looks cool even if it doesn't make sense.

like most of wrestling

Top Bottom