• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they bring back Lucha Underground for another season I really hope they don't keep getting more North American indie guys/ex-WWE guys. While they've done some interesting stuff with some, not Nitro, others are stuck in playing one character, Nitro. Part of why I've enjoyed the show, other than the TV show format, is seeing all these faces I'm unfamiliar with. Frankly, most the wrestling is spotty and not the kind I like at all with some exceptions(Muertes/Felix and Cuerno/Puma), but I enjoy just seeing these characters that feel like characters and I enjoy that the TV show format lets them play around more with their fates. Amazingly, I think the story and characters are the best thing about the show. The perk of recording in a TV format.

I want more Pentagon Jrs and King Cuernos and Dragos and less Johnny Morrisons and Dead/Kill/CZWShot. Big Ryck is still cool though.

If they bring back Lucha Underground for another season I really hope they don't keep getting more North American indie guys/ex-WWE guys. While they've done some interesting stuff with some, not Nitro, others are stuck in playing one character, Nitro. Part of why I've enjoyed the show, other than the TV show format, is seeing all these faces I'm unfamiliar with. Frankly, most the wrestling is spotty and not the kind I like at all with some exceptions(Muertes/Felix and Cuerno/Puma), but I enjoy just seeing these characters that feel like characters and I enjoy that the TV show format lets them play around more with their fates. Amazingly, I think the story and characters are the best thing about the show. The perk of recording in a TV format.

I want more Pentagon Jrs and King Cuernos and Dragos and less Johnny Morrisons and Dead/Kill/CZWShot. Big Ryck is still cool though.

Agreed, it's a big budget chikara :)

Cuernos interview with alverez he said many AAA guys were hesitant about doing LU. But tat has changed, the last big name they want is Rey.

Ultratech

LOL @ TNA being cancelled

Destination America is a weird-ass channel though.

Was watching Mountain Monsters at lunch yesterday with my boss as these hillbillies were hunting a "fire dragon" (I shit you not) and building a convoluted trap to catch the thing, which failed spectacularly.

So yeah...it's goddamn silly as shit.

Will there even be another wrestling show besides WWE on north american tv?

Isn't Lucha Underground kinda up in the air?

I keep hearing different things on LU.

That said, I do think it's actually got a good chance of coming back, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Wonder what kind of deal he got if they're letting him keep his name.

Joe is one of the very few people who has a name big enough for them to keep it. He was on US TV for years etc. Kevin and Sami where well known in the indie circles. Finn was well known in Japan. But neither had been on TV as long as Joe. It'd be crazy if they made him change his name.

Ithil

Joe is one of the very few people who has a name big enough for them to keep it. He was on US TV for years etc. Kevin and Sami where well known in the indie circles. Finn was well known in Japan. But neither had been on TV as long as Joe. It'd be crazy if they made him change his name.

If AJ Styles wasn't in NJPW now I expect he would have been looked at for a similar deal. NXT is a very different place than it was when he left TNA and wasn't sought after by WWE. They're all about those kinds of names now.

Fox318

Same thing as WCW. WCW finally had watchable TV again, but by then it was too late.

Vince Russo managed to kill both TNA and WCW.

whats next?

3lM94KH.jpg

Maybe he can book NJPW

Hex

Banned
Doesn't Vice Russo hate wresling why hire him

Russo has no part of Lucha Underground nor will he.
It was for his website podcast pos.
Russo is poison and pretty much anyone knows it, only Jarrett would be that stupid again.
LU better get another season because I want to fly out to Cali to catch a taping and then find some other shit to do while out there.

Big One

Banned
So how long until the WWE buys up the corpse of TNA and rereleases their stuff under the WWE label?
I mean they've bought lesser companie's library than TNA in the past, but I think Vince is still rooted in his hatred for Jeff Jarrett so TNA might be out of WWE's interest.

dream

Now, I admit that I didn't watch the NXT because I was out being social with a girl. But I did read the results and briefly glanced at your reactions. Kevin steen vs el generico. Kevin steen vs Samoa Joe. Is it not troubling that the only thing that we get excited about are old ring of honor retreads? What's the next big NXT thing, Samoa Joe vs Kenny Kobashi?

Sephzilla

Now, I admit that I didn't watch the NXT because I was out being social with a girl. But I did read the results and briefly glanced at your reactions. Kevin steen vs el generico. Kevin steen vs Samoa Joe. Is it not troubling that the only thing that we get excited about are old ring of honor retreads? What's the next big NXT thing, Samoa Joe vs Kenny Kobashi?
We got excited for Lynch vs Banks

Barrage

If I had a nickel for every Sasha Banks/Becky Lynch match I saw in ROH...

dream

Also, can someone tell me how those tna forum weirdos reacted to big Dave breaking the news about impact being canceled

I mean at best TNA might survive for a short while as an online only broad cast maybe with some kind of subscription to watch... but it's probably ogre

denial/It'll be alright guys someone else will pick them up

Taken from the observer thread (which is an amazing read)

Bloodreign Docteur Lobo • 2 minutes ago
I think at this point he needs to be brought into a field and shot. He seems to have some mind degenerative disease and has outlived the little to no usefulness he's had, like what they do to racehorses who break their leg.
• Reply•Share ›
PRAXX72 Bloodreign • a minute ago
Take old Yeller old to the woodshed you mean?
• Reply•Share ›
PRAXX72 Docteur Lobo • 3 minutes ago
Thankfully I don't have access to this fucktard but would someone who does like to do an experiment?
Record all of his "Facts" and "Scoops" on TNA that have timings on them, e.g. this one that says TNA will be dropped in September, and then record what ACTUALLY happens.
It would be interesting to throw all his errors back in his face.
• Reply•Share ›
Anthony Merola PRAXX72 • a minute ago
I always mean to try that
• Reply•Share ›
PRAXX72 Anthony Merola • a few seconds ago
Pretty convinced that it would make no difference, but it would nice to fight lies with truth.
• Reply•Share ›
TheLoveMachine Docteur Lobo • 6 minutes ago
Yeah it doesn't work like that Dave.
2 • Reply•Share ›
Jeff Docteur Lobo • 7 minutes ago
LOL, Destination America informs the company that owns them that they are cancelling a show that is under contract with Discovery
I don't think it works like that, lol
3 • Reply•Share ›
PhenomAJJones Jeff • 6 minutes ago
Some people are just too stupid and will believe anything Meltzer tells them.
• Reply•Share ›
Will1225 Moderator Docteur Lobo • 7 minutes ago
Good to know a two year deal is being cancelled 6 months into that deal
1 • Reply•Share ›
Brett • 11 minutes ago
Wow people on my TL think the rumors are true...
• Reply•Share ›
Bloodreign Brett • 10 minutes ago
People also believe Bigfoot is real, and aliens exist, and Elvis is their leader.
1 • Reply•Share ›
EliDrakeLetMeTalkToYa • 11 minutes ago
Okay, okay... so wait, DA people have meetings with the TNA creative team, Billy is excited for what's to come... and now they're cancelled? Yeah, not buying this BS by you know who.
• Reply•Share ›
−
Will1225 Moderator EliDrakeLetMeTalkToYa • 10 minutes ago
But come September no one but the lunatics will remember this story so i win.

- Davey Boy Meltzer
• Reply•Share ›

Wonder what kind of deal he got if they're letting him keep his name.

He's apparently on a Rhino-style deal where he's in NXT, but able to work indies too.

The new rumor in one of the Impact threads on the F4W board is that Spike might be willing to bring them back for an ownership stake in the company, and for far less money than before (so basically a trade upwards for TNA, as they're getting half their old money from DA and have a minimal audience).

Itami has a new shirt too.

Sephzilla

NXT Unstoppable thoughts:

Match of the Night: Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch
Honestly I never want to see women promoted to the main roster ever because they'll never be allowed to do things that are as awesome as what NXT lets them do. Banks is the boss. Lynch is fantastic. This match was brutal.

Worst Match of the Night: Dana Brooke/Emma vs Charlotte/Bailey
Not a bad match, just really sloppy in spots in my opinion. Not a fan of Dana Brooke yet, right now she feels like a WWE Divas division talent and not an NXT Womens division talent. Not gonna rag on her too much though, she's new.

Disappointing Match of the Night: Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
They were probably just protecting Zayn's shoulder and giving him a reason to be off TV for a bit to heal, but the "match stoppage" thing with Zayn has been overdone now (once with Graves, twice with Owens). These two can have fantastic matches together, I'd like to see one before one of the two gets called up to the main roster. Also disappointed that Samoa Joe didn't get to throw a single punch.

Random other thoughts:
--Tyler Breeze absolutely fucking owns that gimmick and it's awesome.
--The Alexa Bliss heel turn surprised me even though it was foreshadowed.
--Holy shit when did Enzo suddenly become ring competent?
--I'm really curious if Balor wins the NXT Title or not since he doesn't seem long for NXT.
--Kevin Owens is a heel I like

Ithil

It's not just what the women are allowed to do, it's how they're presented. The women's title match was presented as being as important as the NXT title match.
There's none of WWE's usual "Huh huh huh look at those stupid women doing stupid women things".

ALos helps the women are allowed to train and get better and work on their character. Reason a lot of main roster women are semi-competent is becaus they are on the road 300 days.

Trade the four NXT women for 4 main roster women and allow del rey to work her magic.

Sephzilla

It's not just what the women are allowed to do, it's how they're presented. The women's title match was presented as being as important as the NXT title match.
There's none of WWE's usual "Huh huh huh look at those stupid women doing stupid women things".

Yep. The Womens Title match had main event level build up. They even got the cage music pre-intro stuff.

NXT Unstoppable thoughts:

Match of the Night: Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch
Honestly I never want to see women promoted to the main roster ever because they'll never be allowed to do things that are as awesome as what NXT lets them do. Banks is the boss. Lynch is fantastic. This match was brutal.

Worst Match of the Night: Dana Brooke/Emma vs Charlotte/Bailey
Not a bad match, just really sloppy in spots in my opinion. Not a fan of Dana Brooke yet, right now she feels like a WWE Divas division talent and not an NXT Womens division talent. Not gonna rag on her too much though, she's new.

Disappointing Match of the Night: Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
They were probably just protecting Zayn's shoulder and giving him a reason to be off TV for a bit to heal, but the "match stoppage" thing with Zayn has been overdone now (once with Graves, twice with Owens). These two can have fantastic matches together, I'd like to see one before one of the two gets called up to the main roster. Also disappointed that Samoa Joe didn't get to throw a single punch.

Random other thoughts:
--Tyler Breeze absolutely fucking owns that gimmick and it's awesome.
--The Alexa Bliss heel turn surprised me even though it was foreshadowed.
--Holy shit when did Enzo suddenly become ring competent?
--I'm really curious if Balor wins the NXT Title or not since he doesn't seem long for NXT.
--Kevin Owens is a heel I like

Love coming to this thread and getting just what I am looking for.

Top Bottom