• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Ithil

He is supposed to be channelling the Balor demon. They explain that like every time.
If you want a less mystical version he's tapping into a super strong dark side.

Cagey

Banned
I still don't get why Finn/Devitt wears body paint. Purely because he thinks it's cool? And why does he act and move like that? It just makes him look like the kind of person you avoid eye contact with and whisper 'what a fucking freak' to your friend.

Like Undertaker does that because kayfabe dictates he's a zombie man, Muta does that because kayfabe dictates he's a demon man, Jeff Hardy does that because real life dictates he's on drugs, Bray does that because he's a crazy swamp druid. Finn doesn't spit mist he doesn't summon ghouls he doesn't light people on fire like Papa Shango.

He's just a poser.
He thinks he comes across as Kane but he's really just the Vampire kids from South Park, per se.

somedevil

Some News:

First on injuries:

- WWE remains quiet about Daniel Bryan's situation but word going around is that things are looking negative. Bryan is expected to be out a long time and it's possible he won't return at all but as of May 18th, there was nothing definite about his status medically.

Regarding Hideo Itami's injury, word is that it was a fluke. There's been some talk about WWE talents and the wear & tear they've taken throughout their careers but Itami's injury was described as a fluke and it was said wear & tear had nothing to do with it.

Sami Zayn competed at NXT Takeover tonight but word going around is that he may be having shoulder surgery in early June.

Poor Bryan and sucks for Itami because his fluke injury came at the worst possible time.

Plus news on Divas:

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are said to be big proponents of changing the way women in WWE are featured. Apparently this is very much based on Stephanie's influence and the success UFC has had with Ronda Rousey.

It's said that the two aren't UFC fans but are fans of Rousey and her recent Sports Illustrated cover was another sign to them that times have changed and it's a different era. At the same time, it was said to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Vince McMahon still sees women in the role that they're currently in on WWE's main roster.

Vince is at it again.

dream

He is supposed to be channelling the Balor demon. They explain that like every time.
If you want a less mystical version he's tapping into a super strong dark side.

Okay, I'll try to buy into that. Kayfabe and all. But then why does he need to tap into his super powers for a nothing curtain jerker against a fancyboy like Tyler Breeze?

This is pretty crazy

tumblr_noomd9lkae1sj4xr4o1_1280.png

dream

Thing about Joe in NXT makes me think about all the indie champs who are there right now. We have KENTA, we have Prince Devitt, we have Kevin Steen, El Generico. Just as fraud kideo developers like Hideo Iga and inExile and Tim Schaeffer have essentially ruined the Kickstarter market for real independent kideo developers, can we make a case that WWE has destroyed the real independent wrestling circuit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thing about Joe in NXT makes me think about all the indie champs who are there right now. We have KENTA, we have Prince Devitt, we have Kevin Steen, El Generico. Just as fraud kideo developers like Hideo Iga and inExile and Tim Schaeffer have essentially ruined the Kickstarter market for real independent kideo developers, can we make a case that WWE has destroyed the real independent wrestling circuit?

WWE has a history of stealing other companies stars and taking credit for creating nothing.

Ultratech

Okay, I'll try to buy into that. Kayfabe and all. But then why does he need to tap into his super powers for a nothing curtain jerker against a fancyboy like Tyler Breeze?

Pretty sure he thought he was gonna fight Itami + Breeze, but that didn't happen and just decided to unleash the demon for shits and giggles for the big event.

That's my take.

Thorakai

Hey man

Don't doubt the longevity of such superstars like "The Cocky Coverboy" Ashton and Miniak, friend.

UberTag

WWE has a history of stealing other companies stars and taking credit for creating nothing.
To be fair, this is largely due to them seemingly being incapable of grooming any stars of their own.
Stealing is all they're capable of. At least they've got a solid track record when it comes to thievery.

Great to see WWE give Joe a run.

Would be cool to see AJ Styles there as well but I get the feeling that by the time he is willing to leave Japan he will probably be too old for the company.

To be fair, this is largely due to them seemingly being incapable of grooming any stars of their own.
Stealing is all they're capable of. At least they've got a solid track record when it comes to thievery.

Professional wrestling is built on thievery and stealing other over people to help your own business. The amount of "created" stars in one promotion is fairly small.

dream

I'm so proud of Sami Zayn for respecting the time-honored tradition of "doing the honors" for Kevin Steen on the way out. Especially when it would be so much easier to just hand over a belt like lesser wrestlers do.

I'm so proud of Sami Zayn for respecting the time-honored tradition of "doing the honors" for Kevin Steen on the way out. Especially when it would be so much easier to just hand over a belt like lesser wrestlers do.

Hey, when you're trained by HBK, at least we know he truly teaches you all the tricks of the trade.

dream

Just a thought, Rafa, as I watch these people chant "Joe's gonna kill you." When these "Full Sail University" fans lay awake at night, thinking about wrestling and if they'll ever lose their virginities, I wonder if they ever allow themselves to realize that they are essentially 13 years behind Ring of Honor's fans from the promotion's glory days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just a thought, Rafa, as I watch these people chant "Joe's gonna kill you." When these "Full Sail University" fans lay awake at night, thinking about wrestling and if they'll ever lose their virginities, I wonder if they ever allow themselves to realize that they are essentially 13 years behind Ring of Honor's fans from the promotion's glory days.
That's ok because the ROH fans were doing the same thing with PWG storylines

dream

Bob Ryder
‏@brydertna
Congratulations @SamoaJoe and congratulations @WWE for what you are doing with the @WWENXT project. The future of our business is bright.

Look at this sad sexual predator trying to angle for a job.

I think with retreads it's all about comfort, there's safety there. They look to their stars, if their entertainment doesn't reach out of their comfort zone, why should they?

Kaladin

PWInsider.com has confirmed:
*Samoa Joe has come to terms with the company to be part of WWE NXT. I am told the deal to bring Joe into the company was spearheaded by Triple H and was likely worked out in principle when Joe visited the last set of TV Tapings.

*We are hearing that Joe will, for the time being, continue to work existing and future independent dates. So, if he's already advertised somewhere, chances are he will be there unless WWE NXT requires him. One would assume NXT gets first priority, as they should.

*We have also heard that Joe has also come to terms with the company to market Samoa Joe merchandise, which is why the company has already released an official Joe t-shirt, can do a Joe action figure, etc.

It's a deal that is pretty unique in nature. NXT will get to tap into Joe's credibility with die-hard fans while the NXT exposure will obviously help Joe's bookings and worth to the independent scene.

It's also entirely possible this could grow into a full fledged official WWE-exclusive deal but as of this writing, the terms are believed to be what we listed above. It's new ground for WWE to have a deal of this nature, but they obviously thought Joe was someone they could attempt this with as they build their relationship with each other.

Thank you based Triple H.

Top Bottom