• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

House show here in Hamilton was a blast, my brother in law couldn't go so he was sick so I got to take my 5 year old to his first WWE event

The Kiddo is alright in my books first match was Neville vs Barrett (apparently they couldnt make up their mind if he was there or not preshow) but he immediately marked out for Neville having never seen him before copied his fingers in the air thing and all.

Next up was The Ascension and Slater vs Primetime Players and whatever Uso isnt hurt, slow boring match.

Next up was Sandow vs Bo Dallas...my kid marked out for Bo..I am disappointed with him. It was a real shitty match best part was Sandow was on the mic and Bo slapped it out of his hands hard and it hit the ref square in the nuts.

next was Sami Zayn vs Erick Rowan crowd was DEAD a small ole ole chant but nothing else I was real sad to see us not cheer our fellow Canadian boy.

Kiddo fell asleep half way through that match and missed the rest of the card.

Ryback vs Rusev, Lana got a huge pop and Ryback was beyond over, Rusev sent Lana to the back after she got too popular.

Naomi w/Tamina vs Charlotte, Charlotte is fantastic but man this match was real sloppy quite a few obvious botches on both their parts.

New Day (Xavier and Kofi with Big E at ringside) vs Cesaro and Tyson the crowd was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay into this both sides cut pretty great promos, no Nattie tho:( It was a title match and Big E jumped in for the DQ. This match was full of great spots that only reaffirms my opinion that these two teams have absurd ring chemistry.

Main Event time

Ambrose vs Harper in a No DQ match.

Crowd went absolutely APE SHIT for Ambrose, fun match tables, kendo stick and a couple tables all involved Dean took a stiff looking powerbomb maybe it was a suplex into the entrance ramp and then another through a table too.

Towards the end New Day did a run in for some reason then came Kidd/Cesaro then Rusev then Ryback they all cleared out quick enough Ambrose hit the dirty deeds and it was done.

The tshirts were HELLA thin pickins

2 Cena
2 Ambrose
2 generic
2 Bryan
Orton
Dolph
Sting
Roman

no Seth merch????? I was super sad so I walked out with no merch kiddo got the current cena t

Decent fight, Mayweather's technical skills are unmatched. All those people who said he was fighting jabronis prior to Pacquiao have to eat their words.

Dudes in OT saying there was too much hugging and they want to watch UFC instead.

ibmEzyhdiPf1lI.gif
That thread is hilarious.

Not on the level of billions as Brock/Mayweather.

Butts will be all up in those seats from the arena to kingdom come.

Brock in monster face mode vs Mayweather at Mania in full douchebag heel mode, so many people will pay to see Brock kill him.

then Mayweather wins by running away the entire time and pulling off a divas rollup

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Decent fight, Mayweather's technical skills are unmatched. All those people who said he was fighting jabronis prior to Pacquiao have to eat their words.

That thread is hilarious.

He just made em look like jabronis. He's possibly the best at that weight class, of all time. Probably is.

Gorillaz

I use to think Wrassle marks were the worst out there. Dealing with CM Punk....Taker losing...

But This fight proved other wise lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it is what it is, friends

paying $100 for that fight is hilarious. At least I get 10 months of the WWE Network for that kind of money.

Listen to that value. TEN MONTHS

Goddamn, friends.

Hasney

Baseball had the Drugs Scandle and A-Rod. That was entertaining. Cricket had...

Freddie Flintoff

During the 2007 World Cup, he got drunk with some of his team mates before an important game, and nearly drowned when the boat carrying them capsized. In a 2014 episode of 8 out of 10 cats, he claimed that he was attempting to sail home in a pedalo. He stated that he awoke on a beach - the worst place he had ever slept.[40] He lost his position as vice captain and was fined, but remained as a member of the team.[41]

Yeah, the Maria stuff is weird. I don't know who it's supposed to be for - the fans in attendance didn't care and the general reaction on twitter was "this is gross/embarrassing". The only good that can come of it is if what Doc & Karl did to Maria adds some much needed heat to their inevitable tag title rematch.

Good show overall, though - Goto vs Nakamura was an excellent main event, best thing on the show by a wide margin. I also enjoyed the 6-man tag in the 2nd half (although Yano/Tana tags are starting to wear a bit thin) and really liked Shelley/Omega (I'm sure anyone allergic to outside interference and plunder will hate it, however). The 3-way jr. tag title match was good as well, they worked it at a slower pace in the outset and I the finishing stretch benefited because of it. Also liked the opener, which was fun, and the young lions tag.

Not an amazing show by any stretch of the imagination and, depending on your preferences towards the jr's division, you may think it's entirely a one match show. I enjoyed it, though.

Alucard

Banned
I'm 2.5 shows behind on NJPW World now. Damn. Sounds like things have been average-to-good, but not spectacular.

I'm easier to impress than a lot of people based on reactions to stuff here in the past, though.

New Japan's obsession with Maria has now gone beyond parody.

Yeah, the Maria stuff is weird. I don't know who it's supposed to be for - the fans in attendance didn't care and the general reaction on twitter was "this is gross/embarrassing". The only good that can come of it is if what Doc & Karl did to Maria adds some much needed heat to their inevitable tag title rematch.

*zips up pants*..ahem. What, sorry, wasn't paying attention. What were we talking about?

...But yeah, the Maria stuff is weird. When they go for pervy camera shots, they don't do half measures, I guess. Neat to see Maria and Amber wrestle on an NJPW PPV, though!

Top Bottom