• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

nrub.png

jrub.png

krub.png

RP912

Banned
Do you guys consider this type of finish disrespectful?

iwtmhoj.gif

I feel like Kojima waited too long after the lariat to pin Cody, who was just lying there waiting to take the 3-count. My perception might be different than other posters, though. What do you guys think?

Not really. It looks like Kojima was caught up in the mood from that larito. It's not like he spat on Hall, grabbed his crotch, and then went for the pin.

Alucard

Banned
Not really. It looks like Kojima was caught up in the mood from that larito. It's not like he spat on Hall, grabbed his crotch, and then went for the pin.

He did slap his ass at the end of the pin, but I see what you're saying. I just always think it looks weird when the guy taking a pin is obviously waiting for the other guy, especially when they're in the type of position Cody is here, or when they try to raise their leg for the other guy to hook it, but the other guy doesn't. It's a small thing, but eating a pin with your leg hooked is better than eating a pin without it hooked. Two slightly different things, but yeah, just an observation.

RP912

Banned
He did slap his ass at the end of the pin, but I see what you're saying. I just always think it looks weird when the guy taking a pin is obviously waiting for the other guy, especially when they're in the type of position Cody is here, or when they try to raise their leg for the other guy to hook it, but the other guy doesn't. It's a small thing, but eating a pin with your leg hooked is better than eating a pin without it hooked. Two slightly different things, but yeah, just an observation.

Probably timing issues and maybe Kojima wasn't expecting Hall to sell like that. It could be various reasons but I doubt Kojima had bad blood during that pin. Hell Shibata kick the shit out of a wrestler, got the pin, and ran in the back without fucks given.

On another note, Daddy Yum Yum is amazing. Dude sell game is impeccable.

Maybe wrestling matches aren't supposed to be broken down into few second long clips then analyzed by nerds. Maybe that sort of reductionist bullshit is unhelpful to discussion.

I Understand Maria is pretty. But the new japan camera men shoving a camera up her butt is gross.

They know where the jpeeps dollars come from

Alucard

Banned
Maybe wrestling matches aren't supposed to be broken down into few second long clips then analyzed by nerds. Maybe that sort of reductionist bullshit is unhelpful to discussion.

They know where the jpeeps dollars come from

Not sure if it's your goal, but you come across as bitter, cynical, and unfriendly as fuck. I'll wait for your "I apologize if you read my post as X. That's your issue" response.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny because without jpeeps and because the Mayweather fight stopped Review an Impact from taking place at its normal time I have literally no idea what happened on TNA this week.

I think Cody Hall takes too much of a beating in his NJPW matches right now. Guy should be getting some more sustained offense than he has if they want him to seem like a threat. I get that you could say he's inexperienced and cocky, so the vets can counter him pretty quickly, but I just have a hard time buying that a guy his size consistently gets his ass kicked.

The trouble is, he's really, really green. You won't see him in the ring for any extended period of time any time soon and he's already getting more shine than most young lions do at his stage in their careers. If he were at least a bit more experienced they could perhaps trust him to do more, but they really can't at this stage. The size disparity may seem weird, but it was the same thing with Fale when he was in his young lion phase.

Also, regarding the Kojima thing, Koji's lariat is kayfabe one of the top finishers in Japan. It's also the only Hansen endorsed lariat, which carries a fair bit of weight with the Japanese fans.

Does anyone know what Pristine is talking about?

If you're in the Austin area and are a fan of Kenny Omega, you'd better get yourself to MondoCon.

Watching the WWE Network Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart JR interview, from 2011, and it just strikes me that Michaels is a lot more realistic with himself and Bret is incapable of admitting fault.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v36521451

Overall, pretty decent to watch. Takes a while to get started, but also like seeing some of the old footage of the Hart Foundation v. The Rockers match that never aired because the ring rope broke.

KissVibes

Banned
Watching the WWE Network Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart JR interview, from 2011, and it just strikes me that Michaels is a lot more realistic with himself and Bret is incapable of admitting fault.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v36521451

Overall, pretty decent to watch. Takes a while to get started, but also like seeing some of the old footage of the Hart Foundation v. The Rockers match that never aired because the ring rope broke.

There is no mark bigger than Bret Hart for himself.

Every time he talks about wrestlers of this era or prior, I always expect him to end with "He's good, but he isn't Bret Hart good."

RP912

Banned
Technically Bret was in the opening for Malcolm in the Middle, even though it was just a clip of one of his matches. He could have been Bonesaw's partner in Spiderman 2.

Top Bottom