• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Alucard

Banned
I should note that I absolutely agree that video games are disgusting. But I don't have to have an appreciation for an art to still believe that it has value, despite my own personal disgust. If there is room for Jeff Dunham to perform his art and for Full Sail University students to watch NXT performers display their art then I think there can be room for Alucard to abandon his family to play video games at a museum

For the record, it was my wife's idea. She took the girls with her to an all-female baby shower that was also in the area of the gaming exhibit. Told me to take an afternoon off because I've been busting my ass all week at work and home.

Why I'm typing this for a stealth troll, I don't know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfiltered is really good, you all were right. That's content I want to see more of.

I've heard too much of "Pacquiao is a nice and humble guy, he deserves to win."

Definitely rooting for Mayweather. Dude better heel it up as much as he can.
hhh-e1336404191980.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
It's nearly midnight and I am watching The Babadook on Netflix.

I don't think I am going to bed tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's nearly midnight and I am watching The Babadook on Netflix.

I don't think I am going to bed tonight.

I can't wait for the novelization, "The Bababook"

When you realize that being a piece of shit is inherent to the culture of Sports Entertainment, and are then able to look past the fact that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a piece of shit, you realize that he's actually the best thing going and will be rooting for him tonight.

LICUL6v.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also watched the Legend of Billie Jean with Supergirl in it which proved my point that short haired girls > long haired girls.
Legend-of-Billie-Jean-Helen-Slater-21.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Look, I'm just expressing my opinion. It's no different than the people here who wish Vince McMahon would die so that Triple H can takeover and implement his NXT formula on Raw and Smackdown. You and I may not necessarily agree with that line of thinking but I believe in everyone's right to express themselves here, no matter how heinous.

There's a reason we're all on this video game forum discussing our hobby under the guise of anonymity. This is some shameful, repugnant sh*t that we're involved in. The only difference is that some of us recognize that and some of us don't.

How would you even exhibit video games in a museum? What is the purpose? Let's take Alucard's experience for example: How many of the games that he played do you think he's played before at some point in his life? I'm willing to bet he's played the majority if not all of those games before. So you're not really going to learn anything or partake in new experiences, the point seems to be nostalgia. "Oh, here's some sh*t I used to do". Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same thing. I have zero interest in playing some crappy British developed games on the ZX Spectrum at a museum even though I'd probably stand to learn a whole lot more than I would playing Super Mario Bros., which I'd rather do.

I'd definitely played most of them before, but I also got to.play some stuff I've never seen as well. It was a nice 2.5-hour hobby trip. No shame in it at all for me, though it did hit me (again) that I don't get the same thrill from gaming that I got when I was between the ages of 7 and 20. I already knew this, but going to this kind of thing where you can basically walk through like 20 years of your entertainment life in an hour brought it home all the more. I enjoy the nostalgia aspect of gaming, but it takes a lot for me to really get invested anymore. Adult responsibilities have shaped that attitude too, of course.

i was thinking today..of how much i missed this guy
shanemcmahon_bio.png

he always put his body on the line with crazy stunts...

I always felt he had something to prove, like he didn't want to be seen as just the rich, son of the boss that gets everything he wants, and just sits back and does nothing.

I always liked Shane for that

klonere

Banned
They've pretty much had nothing but decent ten minute matches since then and have been trying to build realistic feuds, so...Yes?

the women's division has TWO whole, actual feuds going on right now. Thats nearly as much as the men on the main roster.

#NBexT

Alucard

Banned
Really good Steve Corino interview on the LAW /w Dan Lovranski last week.

Apparently, CM Punk does "the best" Low Ki voice impersonation.

Jamie OD

So tonight my local wrestling show brought in Sabu. I got my phone out expecting to film something Botchamania worthy and I was not disappointed (except for the damn pillar that was in the way).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jR9kCrqXnY

On the bright side Jigsaw from Chikara was also here wrestling in a crazy ladder match with UK wrestlers Pete Dunne and Ryan Smile. Smile is a fantastic talent and I bet he will be a big name all around Britain and Ireland in the next year or two.

Alucard

Banned
So tonight my local wrestling show brought in Sabu. I got my phone out expecting to film something Botchamania worthy and I was not disappointed (except for the damn pillar that was in the way).

On the bright side Jigsaw from Chikara was also here wrestling in a crazy ladder match with UK wrestlers Pete Dunne and Ryan Smile. Smile is a fantastic talent and I bet he will be a big name all around Britain and Ireland in the next year or two.

LOL. That first minute or so was brutal with how long they were setting up and how Sabu flipped the chair on the table twice...and then back-to-back table botches. Man.

Vylash

i just realized that if they're turning bliss heel, both the main women's roster and the nxt women's roster will only have one babyface each

Jamie OD

Dammit Sabu, why is he STILL putting his body through all this.

He bruises quickly. Big rash looking thing appeared on his lower back after doing two Poetry In Motion chair spots. Only other involvment he had was a Plancha and pie throwing the chair at his opponents a bunch.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want to post my uncensored opinion, as a former fat person, in the body shaming thread, but I better not.

Still, even when I was fat, I never lied to myself about that fact. I was fine being lazy and fat, but I was fat and unhealthy and those were the goddamn facts. Don't get mad at the advertisements showing healthy fit people and own up to yourself.

Anyways, end of venting.

also, lol at the guy asking what metric determines what makes a person obese.

dream

Holy shit, that's hilarious. It sounds so painful!

NEW JAPAN RETURN TONIGHT

*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hirooki Goto for the Intercontinental title
*A.J. Styles & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada & Yoshi-Hashi
*Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata & Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano
*Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows & Amber Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven & Maria Kanellis
*Kenny Omega vs. Alex Shelley for the IWGP junior heavyweight title
*Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero vs. reDragon vs. The Young Bucks for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles
*Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale & Cody Hall
*Tetsuya Naito & Sho Tanaka vs. Kota Ibushi & Yohei Kamatsu
*Yuji Nagata & Jushin Thunder Liger & Mascara Dorada & Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi & Manabu Nakanishi & Kushida & Captain New Japan
3am ET on New Japan World

Young lions tag match looks dope

So we're watching Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling on the network...Nikolai Volkoff just painted Iron Shiek's face black and called him a
rac
coon, so Shiek paints Volkoff's face black and calls him a baboon.

wrrrrrrrrrestling

Alucard

Banned
Watching this week's Lucha Underground.

Matanza (sp) is Dario Cueto's brother?!

They've done a great job of creating intrigue around this character.

And man, the music in this episode's vignettes is really solid. And the storytelling in general is damn good as far as pro wrestling goes. Love the camera angles and movie feel.

1dVT46v.gif

Top Bottom