• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never realized before watching all of these 1995 RAWs that the Cliq was also the name for HBK's fan girls. It seems even more appropriate now knowing that HHH was a member.

DMczaf

<Shawn> Bringing kids in the ring because I thought it was fun.

<JR> Whats the difference between have kids in the ring dancing and you putting sunglasses on them?

<Bret> ....well, theres a big difference. 5 year old kids doing strip teases is a lot different than putting sunglasses on them.

<Shawn> ....kids taking their clothes off with me?

somedevil

Review an Impact went up today! They taped it this morning!

Al Snow was in the booth with Josh Mattews!

The funny thing is Brian Mann is like two different people. He is fine on the review but his twitter is god awful.

Plus is it true that Liger made motorboat sounds when they showed a clip of Maria putting his head into her chest? lol

Alucard

Banned
The funny thing is Brian Mann is like two different people. He is fine on the review but his twitter is god awful.

I dunno. I think he's overly negative and sarcastic during the reviews. I've said it before, but I can totally understand a company being hesitant to hire his kind of personality.

lupin23rd

Is there a good primer on NJPW anywhere?

Signed up for the World service, started watching some stuff but not really sure on a lot of the background.

A few questions:

- Is there a reason for the Young Bucks unhealthy obsession with "suck it"?
- There seems to be a lot of tag matches, do they just have a big roster and they need to give people something to do? Or are there actual storylines connected?
- How long before the Bullet Club entrance themed music is used for every entrance? It already seems like half the show lol
- Any good places to start for some classic matches / getting up to speed?

DMczaf

10724747_422599577915014_9043859_n.jpg

A weird but cool thing happened to me this weekend.

I bought tickets for a Saturday 9:30AM Avengers 2 showing last Tuesday. So we show up to the theater at 9, and the door is locked, but then someone opens it. She asks us if we're the ones who have tickets for the 9:30 Avengers show. I nod and she starts talking about corporate changing the show times and the show got cancelled but they're going to honor our tickets.

I don't know when they cancelled the showing, maybe later in the day when I bought our tickets, because she told us we were the only people who had tickets. She says, "We can start the movie whenever you're ready, do you want to buy some concessions?" We didn't and I kind of feel bad about that, because we go into this theater that seats about 300 people, and they show the movie that is in the middle of having the #2 opening weekend of all time to just the three of us.

It was cool.

Alucard

Banned
The brief chat I had with Alex Shelley at last year's Global Wars show in Toronto revealed him to be a super affable gentleman and easygoing dude. He seems like someone that would probably be a lot of fun to hang out with. Kushida too.

Alucard

Banned
A weird but cool thing happened to me this weekend.

I bought tickets for a Saturday 9:30AM Avengers 2 showing last Tuesday. So we show up to the theater at 9, and the door is locked, but then someone opens it. She asks us if we're the ones who have tickets for the 9:30 Avengers show. I nod and she starts talking about corporate changing the show times and the show got cancelled but they're going to honor our tickets.

I don't know when they cancelled the showing, maybe later in the day when I bought our tickets, because she told us we were the only people who had tickets. She says, "We can start the movie whenever you're ready, do you want to buy some concessions?" We didn't and I kind of feel bad about that, because we go into this theater that seats about 300 people, and they show the movie that is in the middle of having the #2 opening weekend of all time to just the three of us.

It was cool.

LOL. Pretty rad, man. Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could have that kind of privacy for movies sometimes.

They're just trying to be as obnoxious as possible.

- There seems to be a lot of tag matches, do they just have a big roster and they need to give people something to do? Or are there actual storylines connected?

A lot of the time the tag matches will involve people who are feuding, so although it seems like two random 4-man teams, there will be some slight storyline build throughout their matches. Generally though, that's just how they do it in Japan. Lots of tag matches, with the singles matches saved for the bigger shows.

Check out my NJPW World Recommended Viewing List, lots of great matches on there; www.tinyurl.com/NJPWworld

Jamie OD

Is there a good primer on NJPW anywhere?

Signed up for the World service, started watching some stuff but not really sure on a lot of the background.

A few questions:

- How long before the Bullet Club entrance themed music is used for every entrance? It already seems like half the show lol

1. They act like DX/nWo marks and it got them over huge so they keep doing it.

2. Singles matches between two wrestlers higher up the card are saved for the bigger shows. The multiple tags usually build up towards those matches and often have a recurring angle in them (Wrestler A's team keeps beating Wrestler B's team, two wrestlers always keep fighting after the bell, a wrestler's finisher is built up to being a guaranteed match ender until his rival kicks out, etc.)

3. They're the big heel unit with wrestlers representing each division. Japan loves doing outsider/gaijin invasion angles.

4. We have a thread on NJPW World here with many suggestions from recent shows to classics from decades ago. But to start off I'll name some matches from the current era: All of the Tanahashi Vs Okada matches, Tanahashi Vs Minoru Suzuki, Tanahashi Vs Tomohiro Ishii, the two Okada Vs Naito matches, the two Nakamura Vs Ibushi matches, Shibata Vs Ishii, Shibata Vs Goto.

Finally signed up to NJPW World, I think it'll work well with watching all the Network content in order. Is there a NJPW Chronological list of events anywhere?

BROTHER JACK DUDE IT'S TIME
Hulk Hogan said:
Next year, WrestleMania is going to be where the Dallas Cowboys play at the AT&T stadium and next year they're going to try to break my indoor attendance record," Hogan said. "So, I stopped Vince McMahon in the hallway and said, 'Let me tell you something brother, there's no way you're running WrestleMania next year without Hulk Hogan on the card. Whether it's for my last hurrah and it's my retirement match, whether it's for my next run or whether it's to just beat whoever's got the WWE title and become the champion again. If you guys are in that stadium next year, I'm going to be there.' And Vince McMahon shook my hand and said, 'I look forward to it.'

If it happened I would want it to be the greatest match of all time, of course ... If it's the end of my career and a huge emotional send-off that would be great, or if it's the beginning of another huge run for Hulkamania and me chasing the dream of winning the WWE title, that would be brilliant. I'm thinking very positively about getting back in the ring.

If Bray lost to Cena, post-Streak Taker, and unretired Hogan in back to back to back Manias, I don't think anybody could even sarcastically say Bray means shit anymore.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I bet the WrestleMania audience would be happy to see Hogan beat Cena.

Top Bottom